ADVERTISEMENT

Askew to Texas

It's Cal making room... few of the kids at power 5 schools are leaving because they necessarily want to... the coaches are painting pictures where they don't play. Cal has his eyes on transfers with experience past Askew's.

Cal gave him every opportunity unlike Juzang where he limited the role. So, I think the transfer is a good thing for Kentucky this time. But.................Cal better get an elite replacement hopefully with experience.

I don't. He's a freshman and freshman get better with time. He played like a typical freshman does. Just like Boston and Clark.

So much for moving back closer to home. TX isn't exactly next door to CA.
I don’t think he mentioned that as why he was leaving. Pretty sure it was because his role was going to be significantly reduced

people are about to roast you harder than a native american thanksgiving. A lot of these dudes think Beard is a Gillespie type. (let me know when BCG goes to a elite 8 and title game in 2 years)

All over this board everyone was wanting Billy G here. Why? Because he beat UL at Rupp in the ncaa tournament.
That just meant he's UK worthy for that one action by many on here.

Even their was some coming to the board warning from his exploits at Texas AM. Everyone hated him and wanted him gone. Didn't matter he beat UL.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
I wonder why the kid left. Obviously it's none of my business but I think this is the type of kid we needed to keep and develop.
His dad said after the season, Devin will be back. makes you womnder of Cal didn't say , you know Devin you might not play a lot

LOL ... like a Phoenix
giphy.gif

Morg preparing in his basement.

Last edited:
Looks like he's going in as a backup. If so that's a decent fit.

I think that also says alot about his departure. I think he was content to be a backup here. His dad said he'd be back. Then weeks later he's out. Sounds like Cal showed him the door imo

people are about to roast you harder than a native american thanksgiving. A lot of these dudes think Beard is a Gillespie type. (let me know when BCG goes to a elite 8 and title game in 2 years)
Come on now! BCG had that one player at A&M that one time! That's totally the same.

Reactions: RunninRichie
All over this board everyone was wanting Billy G here. Why? Because he beat UL at Rupp in the ncaa tournament.
That just meant he's UK worthy for that one action by many on here.

Even their was some coming to the board warning from his exploits at Texas AM. Everyone hated him and wanted him gone. Didn't matter he beat UL.
I remember being told that Texas A&M (from someone pretty connected at A&M) was relieved he left and I was so glad to have Tubby gone that didn't set off any red flags

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I have to go back to Saul Smith for a UK pg that just didn't look like a UK pg as much as Askew. Not under Pitino, not under Tubby, not under Billy G, and certainly not under Cal. Nothing about his game looked like what you would expect to see at Kentucky. For Askew to be the PG he would have to be the coach's son getting an undeserved spot because I have no idea how he could have even been recruited. My first thought when I saw him play was.... what? Askew put ZERO pressure on the other team's defense. None. No threat to shoot. No threat to penetrate. No speed. Not much vision. We should never be in the position of starting a pg with his skillset unless we have 2 ahead of him down with injuries or we're up 30 with a minute left.

Let me predict the future...Askew is better because he is a year older and more experienced next season. Everyone says it is because of Beard.

Regardless, Texas flames out early after a good season in a depleted Big12.

Reactions: CatTough
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT