ADVERTISEMENT

As I feared, Barnhart is failing

Disagree. What else could he have done? Man just offered 100 mil to try and get the best coach in the game. Feels shortsighted to blame Mitch for us getting turned down. Seems like he’s doing all the right things for the most part

Disagree. What else could he have done? Man just offered 100 mil to try and get the best coach in the game. Feels shortsighted to blame Mitch for us getting turned down. Seems like he’s doing all the right things for the most part
^^THIS^^^

He offered the best coach in the game nearly $100M and the dude said no. WTH else is he supposed to do??!! Kidnap his family and hold them hostage till he says yes??!!

Agreed. For what we’ve been told he had a blank check and the top 2 candidates chose sticking with and possibly creating a dynasty and the other chose his faith and his family as reasons not to leave. What could Mitch have done differently in your eyes?

He should have fone this years ago. Could have had anyone.

IMO go grab Bruce Pearl, he'll give you some solid years, if he does better than expected then awesome, he 100% says yes immediately and like I said gives you a few good years and maybe someone else becomes available or someone else proves they are a top coach then you grab who you want.

^^THIS^^^

He offered the best coach in the game nearly $100M and the dude said no. WTH else is he supposed to do??!! Kidnap his family and hold them hostage till he says yes??!!
We could release bees in his office.

My Apiarist owes me a favor.

This isn't on Mitch.

The days of Ward Cleaver telling June where she's going to live are over.

The Hurley offer cannot be used against Mitch, but he also shouldn't have offered Drew first. He has one more try at getting a big time proven coach in Donovan, then I'd personally go Golden.
You know.....I could learn to like a good young hungry coach like Golden. You wouldn't have to overpay for him. Contract with some incentives for winning the regular season SEC, winning the SECT, getting to the F4, etc.

It’s not just Mitch. It’s the aura around this program.

I hate to be this person, but could WE the loud, boisterous, passionate, borderline insane fanbase be making this job unattractive because of our high expectations/pressure and doing shit like calling restaurants and tracking planes?

We found out in 2007 that we couldn’t just appoint our coach of choice. In 2009 we had a big name hoping for a call.

Takes a special person to do this job and do it well. The last one got chewed up by it (and his ego and stubbornness) and is now in a pig pen behind Walmart and the chicken plant.

You guys are right should’ve let Cal fly when UCLA wanted him back in 2019…. So to that point yes I think Mitch totally screwed it up. Yes a lot of other big time hires and contracts he should’ve been gone.

Fast forward to today though I think so far as to what we know on this coaches search he’s doing good to this point. He seems like he’s going through the list of best available it’s just they are telling him NO. Now if he messes this up sure he needs to see the exit door.

Your hero is gone.
I don't give two shits that Cal is gone. But you all act like literally any coach would have crawled over broken glass to get to Lexington to take the job. If anyone said otherwise they were mocked. In 2007 every top target said no and we ended up with Billy G. But for some reason everyone forgets that.

"It's Kentucky" isn't enough to attract coaches anymore. It's just not, regardless of how much you deflect and make it about Cal.

I think Cal severely damaged the program. The combination of years of underperforming and then leaving voluntarily for Arkansas has made Kentucky look less attractive to candidates. In addition, he’s now throwing shots like the blue blood thing.

Reactions: cathouse
His mistake was not firing Cal after the St Peters loss
The REAL mistake was that absurd extension that hamstrung us into 5 years of trash coaching.

This week he's doing all he can, by far. I'm shocked this conservative guy is walking around throwing this much cash at these candidates. Crazy. But when they say no, what can you do?

I don't give two shits that Cal is gone. But you all act like literally any coach would have crawled over broken glass to get to Lexington to take the job. If anyone said otherwise they were mocked. In 2007 every top target said no and we ended up with Billy G. But for some reason everyone forgets that.

"It's Kentucky" isn't enough to attract coaches anymore. It's just not, regardless of how much you deflect and make it about Cal.
You need to relax, zoomer. Drew's wife didn't want to leave Texas. Now Hurley didn't wanna leave a place he just won back to back titles at. Now UK isn't attractive anymore? LOL, gtfo man.

You know.....I could learn to like a good young hungry coach like Golden. You wouldn't have to overpay for him. Contract with some incentives for winning the regular season SEC, winning the SECT, getting to the F4, etc.
Agree with this.Lose on all the top choices and i'm fine taking a chance on a young coach over an average,older one.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
What a complete mess.

I don't think so nobody really believed that Hurley was coming to UK especially after winning 2 national champioships in a row. I do understand why he and Drew said no to UK. But moving forward he has to get his person.

Reactions: mapcatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT