ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas was 27-28 from the line

Yeah the one game we were even close, bitching about getting 28 FT’s on the road and his crap team didn’t miss.
So I'm confused. Ark had 27 of 28 free throws. Ky had 34 of 42. Of those 42 free throws, 4 were for technical fouls (two shots on Musselman for arguing and a flagrant 1 for an elbow to Bradshaw;s face) ). There was also two double technicals where no free throws were awarded. Take away the 4 technical free throws and it's 28 vs 38. In an away game where Doug Shows refereed. Put your shirt back on Musselman, your idiocy is showing.

Shows-Stats.jpg
And that is the story of the game.

• Angry
Reactions: Fox2monk
And that is the story of the game.
That is absolutely ludicrous, how TF are you gonna call 6 technical fouls in one game? 70 FT’s and 44 fouls. I mean that is 11 players that have 4 fouls between them. Absolutely insane. Nobody came to watch a ref fight. He shouldn’t be able to ref our games I swear.

• Love
Reactions: awf
That is absolutely ludicrous, how TF are you gonna call 6 technical fouls in one game? 70 FT’s and 44 fouls. I mean that is 11 players that have 4 fouls between them. Absolutely insane. Nobody came to watch a ref fight. He shouldn’t be able to ref our games I swear.
Shows sucks, but he was calling a game that had arkansas fouling at multiple spots on the floor on every possession. Even as many fouls as were called, there were still times yesterday when I was screaming at teh t.v. "blow your whistle!"

Reactions: Fox2monk
Shows sucks, but he was calling a game that had arkansas fouling at multiple spots on the floor on every possession. Even as many fouls as were called, there were still times yesterday when I was screaming at teh t.v. "blow your whistle!"
Don’t know how you can be mad when your team shoot that many FT’s on the road. We usually don’t really 12-14 FT’s if we are lucky and we get murdered in the post every game.

Unreal how they can go on the road and shoot that percentage. Muss already said that was the best offensive output the whole year. I’d say it was the best free throw % of the year to.

I'm honestly not convinced some of these teams would shoot this well in an empty gym.

27 for 28 at Rupp? Was ANY one in the stands even waving their arms to mess them up?

Reactions: CatTough
Z got shoved in the back every time he went up for a rebound under the basket. I don't know how a ref can stand there and watch that time after time without calling something.

Arkansas fouled on every defensive possession. He can complain all he wants. Arkansas can't stop UK from scoring, so they decided to foul rather than allow the points. It was their strategy. It worked for much of the game. Their physicality caused UK trouble at times, but it caught up with them. But Musselman must be pretty miffed for his team to play their absolute best game on the season, score 102, and still lose by 9. I'll just say it, with the way they shot the ball today, they would beat pretty much anyone in the nation. But not today.

Edit: on that same note, it can usually be said, if these teams played as hard against other teams as they do against UK, they'd have much better records and most would make the NCAA-T. But since they play flat against others, they're sitting home in the post-season.
I think Tenn plays the same way- they foul on every possession, but officials are not going to call that many fouls

Reactions: IL Wildcat
#15 for Arkansas set an illegal pick almost every time he did it but not sure if they called any fouls on him for that

Z got shoved in the back every time he went up for a rebound under the basket. I don't know how a ref can stand there and watch that time after time without calling something.
Yep, I was making comments on that during the game. There were a few times when it was a blatant 2-hand shove in the back. There were a couple times it wasn't quite as egregious, but it was never called.

Reactions: Ugoff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT