ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Manager...

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Just cost his kids a CWS by TOTALLY Miss managing Cronin and leaving him in the game... Absolutely horrible coaching on his part

What cost them the game was the missed pop up that falls between three players ... the game is over and the Hawgs win the title if they catch that pop up ... that's the game.

Just cost his kids a CWS by TOTALLY Miss managing Cronin and leaving him in the game... Absolutely horrible coaching on his part
I completely disagree with that statement. Dave Van Horn is one of the very best in business, and Cronin is a proven closer who made the pitch to win the championship but the ball was not caught. Gut punch last night, Game Three tonight.

I completely disagree with that statement. Dave Van Horn is one of the very best in business, and Cronin is a proven closer who made the pitch to win the championship but the ball was not caught. Gut punch last night, Game Three tonight.
I thought his s/b count was terrible and that he was struggling before the fly ball and a change would have been better. I know that one of those guys probably should have made the play, but it wasn't an easy one... that being said I hope you guys win it to night, but I think osu wins it.

I thought his s/b count was terrible and that he was struggling before the fly ball and a change would have been better. I know that one of those guys probably should have made the play, but it wasn't an easy one... that being said I hope you guys win it to night, but I think osu wins it.
Cronin was definitely not his dominating self, but I wholeheartedly agree that he was the right pitcher for that spot. The beauty/heartbreak of baseball.

OSU is a very good team and certainly has the momentum, but I find it hard to believe that they have enough pitching to silence the Hogs bats three nights in a row. If Campbell is good, which sometimes he is, I still like our chances. If he is bad, it is going to take a monumental pitching performance from multiple pitchers to get it done.

Obviously being a Razorback Fan I am looking for any and all advantages and hope, but Campbell has been our Sunday starter often this season, so he is accustomed to pitching in the SEC Sunday afternoon heat, and I wonder if the OSU pitchers are. Game time forecast, 93 degrees, 53 percent humidity, heat index of 104.

Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Arky had 2 flares that landed in front of OSU outfielders in the 5th inning. For some reason the OSU outfielders were playing no doubles defense in the middle of the game.

OSU is a very good team and certainly has the momentum, but I find it hard to believe that they have enough pitching to silence the Hogs bats three nights in a row.
WOW.........was I ever wrong. A dominate, complete game, two hit shutout against one of the best hitting teams in the nation. Good pitching definitely beat good hitting. Baseball season is over, 64 days until football.

WOW.........was I ever wrong. A dominate, complete game, two hit shutout against one of the best hitting teams in the nation. Good pitching definitely beat good hitting. Baseball season is over, 64 days until football.

Arkansas just never got over the pop up from last night. No offense meant, but they looked beaten pretty much immediately in game 3.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Arkansas just never got over the pop up from last night. No offense meant, but they looked beaten pretty much immediately in game 3.
I definitely thought that we would come out with our bats on fire, and we did actually have a chance to change the game and get to their bullpen with bases and one out early in the game, but got nothing and it seemed to kill any life that we might have had.

Looking back, our pitching staff allowed 11 runs over 3 games to a very talented team, we just couldn't do anything at the plate.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT