ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou Game 3

backinky2018

Freshman
Sep 14, 2021
Cats lead 6-4 in top of 6. This game has been an adventure, as Mason has not had his best stuff. Also just some horrible luck double plays have cost us a few big innings. But, we do have some clutch hitting by Grant Smith and Ryan Nicholson among others.

Two on, and no outs, need a big inning here.

This series is driving me insane. Self inflicted errors cost us game 2 and more of the same today. Byers is cruising, then walks someone, and then Waldy misplays a ball in left field allowing a run to score from first that never should have scored.

Now 7-5 in the bottom of 7 with 2 outs and one man on. Sigh.

Reactions: KYExtemper
O Brien gets the last out stranding a man on 3rd in the 7th. UK goes quietly in the 8th. On to the bottom of 8.

Only the second SEC series, but at least winning this series feels monumental for the season. Really needed the sweep. Headed to bottom 9, Cats still up 7-5

Our mental approach to defense is not there. Starting with our all sec catcher, he needs a break, his hitting is horrible right now and his defense is terrible. I am also not impressed with the CF and RF

Think about this...we stand at 5-1 in the league and we swept t25 GA last week. This weekend GA sweeps #11 Alabama. It's early, but I'm pretty happy right now
As you should be. The sweep over UGA is a loud win for UK. This weekend will be very challenging, but it's a winnable series.

You'd think we had the history of LSU based on the game threads on this board most of the time. Yes, we make mistakes. It's college baseball. We also play a style conducive to both teams making mistakes. We're a historical bottom-feeder working on, by our standards, a very impressive two year run. Fan how you want to fan, but I'd suggest getting some level of enjoyment out of a 5-1 SEC start. And to say this team is sleepwalking is asinine. No team in the country is playing with more effort or more juice than that team did playing in 40 degree temps and 25 MPH wind in front of 57 people in Columbia, Missouri in March.

Reactions: Seamhead_Ninja
You'd think we had the history of LSU based on the game threads on this board most of the time. Yes, we make mistakes. It's college baseball. We also play a style conducive to both teams making mistakes. We're a historical bottom-feeder working on, by our standards, a very impressive two year run. Fan how you want to fan, but I'd suggest getting some level of enjoyment out of a 5-1 SEC start. And to say this team is sleepwalking is asinine. No team in the country is playing with more effort or more juice than that team did playing in 40 degree temps and 25 MPH wind in front of 57 people in Columbia, Missouri in March.
I think this is a little bit harsh, as a goofy elementary error cost us a sweep (and this following a host of defensive errors this year).

But, point well taken, this team deserves to be celebrated and we should be very happy with this start.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT