ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Betcha, Yeoman! Already put this one in the rearview. On to LSU. BTW- You're just a fan, you're nobody special and win or lose, you have nothing to do with it.
You guys remember this clown when he starts posting and running his mouth on here again. The powerhouse that is ark basketball. Lol. Freaking joke

• Haha
Reactions: jdr0269
Arkansas has 10 EE in their history. Last year was their first in 25 years. 1996-2021

Kentucky has more titles, more runner ups, more final fours, more Elite 8's in that time period than Arkansas has in its history.

Arkansas has 10 EE in their history. Last year was their first in 25 years. 1996-2021

Kentucky has more titles, more runner ups, more final fours, more Elite 8's in that time period than Arkansas has in its history.
Just like i said earlier Arkansas hoops is the dirt we walk on. They are NOTHING to Ky from a historical perspective not to mention our 33-12 record against them.

Gotta say I’m pretty surprised. Thought you were calling it a night? Now it just seems you’re a glutton for punishment!😂
You have to remember how Many losses they have taken from Kentucky and what they have been since ole Nolan. Even the rats come out of their holes every now and then. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Rome26
A few more facts. Arkansas's longest win streak against Kentucky is three games. Arkansas's biggest win against Kentucky was by 17 points.

Kentucky's longest win streak versus Arkansas is 10 games. Kentucky's biggest win was by 37 points. Kentucky has many games where they have beaten Arkansas by nearly 30 or more.

Reactions: Catfan2226
A few more facts. Arkansas's longest win streak against Kentucky is three games. Arkansas's biggest win against Kentucky was by 17 points.

Kentucky's longest win streak versus Arkansas is 10 games. Kentucky's biggest win was by 37 points. Kentucky has many games where they have beaten Arkansas by nearly 30 or more.
Ky 33-12 against the pigs.

Welp, since i've been on this board about eight months longer than you, it's a safe bet that i'll be around here, sleuth. Good nite now.
Honest answer Junkyard. Don’t you find it odd that in the final 8 minutes of a close game UK gets 7 fouls and Arkansas has none? None.

Reactions: bluegolf23
Honest answer Junkyard. Don’t you find it odd that in the final 8 minutes of a close game UK gets 7 fouls and Arkansas has none? None.
It wouldnt matter.They would never admit they got home cooking against us or even Auburn.I dont like Auburn at all but they got screwed over just like we did today.I can take a loss but no way anybody can say that we didnt get screwed by Shows and company today.

JYD has SOOOOOOO much pent up anger over his team's lack of competitiveness against UK since the mid 90's, he just HAD TO come back today after a big win to gloat JUST ENOUGH to try and get some payback after ALL those YEARS of defeat.

He just couldn't resist giving some retorts to posters that really didn't remember him and couldn't care less about his team FINALLY winning a MEANINGFUL game in the FORMER rivalry.

It doesn't excuse his snappiness toward posters on this board and I am kind of surprised to see him go back and forth with posters after our team took a tough loss when there were NUMEROUS questionable calls along with 2 of our supposed veteran players(Brooks, Wheeler) making BONEHEADED mistakes in the final 4 minutes to lose by ONLY 2.

He has got to understand that he can't just come to OUR board and prop up his Hogs and think that our posters are just going to throw accolades at him.

I like you @JunkyardHawg, but you have to know NOW is NOT the time to do this.

Lost my credits? LMAO. You talked shiitttt to me you Imbecile. Eat a bag. You are the absolute worst fan i have ever seen and always have been. I'll post when and where i want to and wade through trash like you to talk too real fans that want discuss hoops rationally. You can GFY. I din't gloat one time, nor did i rub it in. You're such a a Pu$$y after a loss you just can't stand it. You are a real POS.
This guy. ^ yikes. You’re on our board. Get lost. I would have thought you’d come back more tame after sleeping off your celebratory champagne.

Last edited:
Lost my credits? LMAO. You talked shiitttt to me you Imbecile. Eat a bag. You are the absolute worst fan i have ever seen and always have been. I'll post when and where i want to and wade through trash like you to talk too real fans that want discuss hoops rationally. You can GFY. I din't gloat one time, nor did i rub it in. You're such a a Pu$$y after a loss you just can't stand it. You are a real POS.
😂😂😂 This dudes super bowl was yesterday. There’s zero doubt now. He is jacked!!!!!

Congrats Junkyard!!!!!

Wow. I thought you were just feelin’ your oats yesterday. You were a decent dude before. Didn’t expect this TODAY. I hope they ban you now … you’re being a jerk.

They have 1 great player, and 4 roll players. Notea had the game of his life today. Tip your hat. Arkansas was given the gift of an easier schedule. They are out the 1st weekend of March. Can't win outside the barn they play in.
Jaylin Williams has been one of the best big men in the SEC this year and a double double machine. Not exactly a role player. Umude has also gone for 30+ this year in SEC games.

Arkansas is 5-3 in SEC road games, granted the schedule has been favorable but the “can’t win away from home” narrative is objectively false. Statistically Arkansas gets around the same number of foul calls on the road as at home this year and leads the SEC in FTA.

I don’t mind the back and forth trash talk but man this board just goes overboard sometimes. Not sure why UK fans can insult or belittle opposing fans all day long but the minute someone responds they get chastised. It’s your board though so I guess it’s to be expected.

Jaylin Williams has been one of the best big men in the SEC this year and a double double machine. Not exactly a role player. Umude has also gone for 30+ this year in SEC games.

Arkansas is 5-3 in SEC road games, granted the schedule has been favorable but the “can’t win away from home” narrative is objectively false. Statistically Arkansas gets around the same number of foul calls on the road as at home this year and leads the SEC in FTA.

I don’t mind the back and forth trash talk but man this board just goes overboard sometimes. Not sure why UK fans can insult or belittle opposing fans all day long but the minute someone responds they get chastised. It’s your board though so I guess it’s to be expected.
Civil discourse is a rarity these days. Expecting it on an opposing teams message board after a loss?.….Probably best just to take a pause, not engage, and wait for cooler heads.

Civil discourse is a rarity these days. Expecting it on an opposing teams message board after a loss?.….Probably best just to take a pause, not engage, and wait for cooler heads.
Well for someone who had credibility from an opposing team,he went overboard alot.Could have been years of frustration but you dont come here and attack a fellow UK fan when your a pig fan and expect BBN not to say nothing.Gloat in the win on their own board but he wouldnt go away like he said he would.

You brag on your road record but who did you play on the road? Did you go to Auburn? Did you go to Kentucky? You did go to Alabama where you lost. You beat a depleted LSU on the road. You beat Georgia, Missouri, Ole Miss and one good win against Florida. You got beat by 22 points at Oklahoma and lost to Hofstra and Vanderbilt at home.

Well for someone who had credibility from an opposing team,he went overboard alot.Could have been years of frustration but you dont come here and attack a fellow UK fan when your a pig fan and expect BBN not to say nothing.Gloat in the win on their own board but he wouldnt go away like he said he would.
I agree with all of this. Just surprised based on past interaction here. Obviously went over the top!😮

You brag on your road record but who did you play on the road? Did you go to Auburn? Did you go to Kentucky? You did go to Alabama where you lost. You beat a depleted LSU on the road. You beat Georgia, Missouri, Ole Miss and one good win against Florida. You got beat by 22 points at Oklahoma and lost to Hofstra and Vanderbilt at home.
Preach. All true.

I don't think anyone with a functioning frontal cortex would assume Arkansas has a more storied history than Kentucky. However, if you count EE & beyond and sum those, Arkansas is a top 10 team from a historical standpoint. So yes, you can point to the kid who got a 98% on his test and say he's smart...but pointing to the kid who got a 92% and calling him stupid doesn't seem overly intelligent.

Ironically, Arkansas was the team playing a bit "short-handed" yesterday. Jaylin Williams had a stomach virus and was throwing up most of the day. I say that not to point out excuses, but to comment on the extraneous variable - refs, injuries, etc. - were pretty much even. The biggest variable in Arkansas favor was clearly at home...but if you look at Arkansas' stats at home and on the road, Arkansas is actually a better team on the road. I'm not sure if it's the big lights or what, but they play much better on the road than they do at home.

IMO, yesterday's game was one of the better of the year in all of college basketball. A ton of contested made buckets, and fouls really didn't play a factor. You could point to one or two and say, "that was a big deal," but Arkansas could do the EXACT same if Kentucky had made a comeback - relentless 3-second calls, multiple attempts at the rim that went for no calls, etc. Arkansas is a team that attacks the rims and attacks the defender to try and get fouls. Yesterday, before Kentucky fouling late to extend the game, Kentucky had more FT attempts than Arkansas, even though Arkansas took nearly 30 shots at the rim.

All to say, Kentucky is good...Arkansas is good. But saying things like, "that was their super bowl" is exceptionally petty. Quite literally, Arkansas is the higher SEC seeded time right now. You generally say those things when a team who has nothing to play for plays remarkably well against a foe far beyond them in talent...Arkansas was favored...

If Arkansas plays Kentucky again in the SECT, it will be interesting to see how the game goes...because for a guy who came into the contest shooting 30% on non-layup/dunks, Oscar took over. Additionally, Notae played beyond his normal standards. Not saying both couldn't do it again, but my assumption is you'd see more spread-out scoring from both sides.

Good luck to you all in every game, but ones against Arkansas.

Reactions: Rome26
I don't think anyone with a functioning frontal cortex would assume Arkansas has a more storied history than Kentucky. However, if you count EE & beyond and sum those, Arkansas is a top 10 team from a historical standpoint. So yes, you can point to the kid who got a 98% on his test and say he's smart...but pointing to the kid who got a 92% and calling him stupid doesn't seem overly intelligent.

Ironically, Arkansas was the team playing a bit "short-handed" yesterday. Jaylin Williams had a stomach virus and was throwing up most of the day. I say that not to point out excuses, but to comment on the extraneous variable - refs, injuries, etc. - were pretty much even. The biggest variable in Arkansas favor was clearly at home...but if you look at Arkansas' stats at home and on the road, Arkansas is actually a better team on the road. I'm not sure if it's the big lights or what, but they play much better on the road than they do at home.

IMO, yesterday's game was one of the better of the year in all of college basketball. A ton of contested made buckets, and fouls really didn't play a factor. You could point to one or two and say, "that was a big deal," but Arkansas could do the EXACT same if Kentucky had made a comeback - relentless 3-second calls, multiple attempts at the rim that went for no calls, etc. Arkansas is a team that attacks the rims and attacks the defender to try and get fouls. Yesterday, before Kentucky fouling late to extend the game, Kentucky had more FT attempts than Arkansas, even though Arkansas took nearly 30 shots at the rim.

All to say, Kentucky is good...Arkansas is good. But saying things like, "that was their super bowl" is exceptionally petty. Quite literally, Arkansas is the higher SEC seeded time right now. You generally say those things when a team who has nothing to play for plays remarkably well against a foe far beyond them in talent...Arkansas was favored...

If Arkansas plays Kentucky again in the SECT, it will be interesting to see how the game goes...because for a guy who came into the contest shooting 30% on non-layup/dunks, Oscar took over. Additionally, Notae played beyond his normal standards. Not saying both couldn't do it again, but my assumption is you'd see more spread-out scoring from both sides.

You played nobody on the road other than Alabama, a injured LSU and Florida. Do you really think if you would have gone to Rupp Arena and to Auburn you would have had the record against the top four you currently have?

And Arkansas is not a top 10 team from historical perspective. Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Louisville, Connecticut, Villanova, Plus the big five.

Enjoy the win.Id love to get another shot at the pigs in Tampa but I highly doubt Shows will be able to save the day next time.

You played nobody on the road other than Alabama, a injured LSU and Florida. Do you really think if you would have gone to Rupp Arena and to Auburn you would have had the record against the top four you currently have?
You can talk about hypotheticals all you want…but if we’re playing the hypothetical game…if there wasn’t an egregiously bad call against Arkansas with a minute left (Arkansas was up OOB clearly off Alabama they reviewed it and “couldn’t overturn it.”) Arkansas should be 3-0 in those games. Arkansas has 3 losses on the road Miss St (Notae was out and we still didn’t know our rotation…for example, Jaxson Robinson started and he’s barely played the last 15 games), Texas A&M (Arkansas was down 2 with 15 seconds left), and Bama (mentioned above.

At Tennessee should be a good barometer. Their offense sucks, but they should put rebound us like y’all did.

Enjoy the win.Id love to get another shot at the pigs in Tampa but I highly doubt Shows will be able to save the day next time.
How did he save the day? You mean when Brooks two hand shoved Umude in the face? Or when Williams went through the lane and Wheeler while going for the ball missed the ball and just held onto Williams arm? Or when Williams drove the lane and Oscar grabbed his arm to stop the drive (uncalled) and then hip checked him to the ground?

How did he save the day? You mean when Brooks two hand shoved Umude in the face? Or when Williams went through the lane and Wheeler while going for the ball missed the ball and just held onto Williams arm? Or when Williams drove the lane and Oscar grabbed his arm to stop the drive (uncalled) and then hip checked him to the ground?
Yeah that bullshit wont fly bud.Like I said enjoy the win,you guys got the win but I'd love to get yall in Tampa and it's good to know that next season the pigs MUST come to Rupp.I anticipate the SEC and ESPN making it a home and home but regardless we get to have a pig roast at Rupp.

Yeah that bullshit wont fly bud.Like I said enjoy the win,you guys got the win but I'd love to get yall in Tampa and it's good to know that next season the pigs MUST come to Rupp.I anticipate the SEC and ESPN making it a home and home but regardless we get to have a pig roast at Rupp.
I thought a simple question of, “what do you mean” wasn’t too complex. It appears to have been. Apologies.

I thought a simple question of, “what do you mean” wasn’t too complex. It appears to have been. Apologies.
To answer your question,I thought the refs let me play until we closed the gap and took the lead.How many fouls did the Hogs get called on them in the final 7 minutes.....none.
Shows was ready to blow that whistle before the play commenced.Auburn experienced home cooking at the pig pen and UK got a dose of it yesterday.

To answer your question,I thought the refs let me play until we closed the gap and took the lead.How many fouls did the Hogs get called on them in the final 7 minutes.....none.
Shows was ready to blow that whistle before the play commenced.Auburn experienced home cooking at the pig pen and UK got a dose of it yesterday.
Which foul should he have called? Which one should he not have called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT