ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas drops 2 out of 3 to Alabama this weekend.

RogerIndy

Sophomore
Sep 2, 2002
Everybody has at least 3 conference losses except us. Do you think we'll get some love from the polls?

Everybody has at least 3 conference losses except us. Do you think we'll get some love from the polls?
The answer to my question is that D1 Baseball has us at #3, which is good, but Baseball American and Perfect Game have us at #8. I think we have earned a top 5 ranking.

The answer to my question is that D1 Baseball has us at #3, which is good, but Baseball American and Perfect Game have us at #8. I think we have earned a top 5 ranking.

D1 is the most respected. UK, is 4th in RPI right now. We have the most Q1 wins at 12-0. We certainly are a top 5 team but push comes to shove, unless we fall apart entirely it's highly likely that UK is a top 8 by end of the year and will get the right to host a super regional.

D1 is the most respected. UK, is 4th in RPI right now. We have the most Q1 wins at 12-0. We certainly are a top 5 team but push comes to shove, unless we fall apart entirely it's highly likely that UK is a top 8 by end of the year and will get the right to host a super regional.
This is great. But the end of the season and playing at home in post-season is when it matters.

This is great. But the end of the season and playing at home in post-season is when it matters.

Yep and right now there is pretty much zero doubt that UK will play the first weekend of the NCAA tournament at home. They'd basicallg have to get swept from here on out to lose that. So, really, the only thing in doubt is whether or not they can lock down playing the second weekend at home.

Yep and right now there is pretty much zero doubt that UK will play the first weekend of the NCAA tournament at home. They'd basicallg have to get swept from here on out to lose that. So, really, the only thing in doubt is whether or not they can lock down playing the second weekend at home.
Agreed. If UK goes .500 down the stretch, it's a lock for a top 8 seed (that would be 21 or 22 SEC wins which is great). Even only 5 or 6 additional SEC wins gets it done considering we have a top 5 RPI (and few teams left on the schedule that will damage our RPI standing) and have already won 5 SEC series.

For context, we hosted last year with a similar RPI and only 16 SEC wins and were the number 12 national seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT