ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona St. Vs Duke

I love the older generation when ever somebody disagrees with them, their only comeback is to call you a pussy or say how weak minded you are. And no a basketball message board does not tell you what person I am, nor does your posts tell me anything about you. I know you have liked a lot of what I have posted on here before, so the switch up from you is funny.
I hate to get involved in this squabble, so I'm not, other than to point out that the last sentence of your post if irrelevant. I've liked plenty of your posts in the past, but not every one. I really can't think of any poster that I've agreed 100 percent with on all their posts. I can't think of many of my real-life peeps that I don't argue w/ occassionally. Doesn't mean I think less of them; they just have whack opinions on some stuff

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
and would you not agree the ones acting like Kentucky are world beaters because they beat a D2 team by a lot are not as ridiculous as you make me out to be. Duke beat a high major team by 50, and has the best player in college ball this year, that’s why I think they will win. Is it a certainty they win, of course not. But the chances are strongly in dukes favor that they win.
I agree about making any realistic assumptions about our team. I feel Duke did not establish any significant from their victory over and a very week ASU team

I have been pessimistic about one game, one game. Other teams are better, I have only talked about Duke. Duke is a bad matchup for Kentucky. I was a call hater for a long time, so that doesnt fit your narrative. UK is back to what exactly? They haven’t done anything yet.
How do you know about matchups at this point? Kentucky is still an unknown with regard to this roster and team dynamics.
No one talks about their team in the way you have in this thread if they are a legitimate fan.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
ASU would not lose to Kentucky Wesleyan, come on now you don’t believe that at all. And that’s exactly why people are coming at me, because I’m being honest and saying what will probably happen. Who guards Flagg? Who guard the white kid for duke. Duke is a bad matchup because they have shooting and athleticism that Kentucky will struggle with.
You’re still living in the cal era. Who guards who is not as big of a deal. UK will play “team defense” you will see double teams and zones. UK may not win the game against Duke but it wouldn’t surprise me if we do and I guarantee it will be competitive.

ASU was terrible and Bobby will have a bad season - Duke looks very good was real impressed with defense & shooting
Can’t wait to see the game I think we are pretty good also

Reading "I'm objective, knowledgeable, and fair and you don't believe what you are saying " will wear on some folks.
Fugga buncha dook.
Get some.

I hate to get involved in this squabble, so I'm not, other than to point out that the last sentence of your post if irrelevant. I've liked plenty of your posts in the past, but not every one. I really can't think of any poster that I've agreed 100 percent with on all their posts. I can't think of many of my real-life peeps that I don't argue w/ occassionally. Doesn't mean I think less of them; they just have whack opinions on some stuff
Good point, once posters like those 2 go at me I go back at them, but I’m never 100 percent serious on here, once people like him get upset I try to get under their skin some. Once they start calling me a pussy or a Duke fan I know I’ve won. I hate Duke, hate Duke, in fact I hate Duke so much, after last night I’ve changed my tune Kentucky, Kentucky wins by 5 now

Last edited:
I agree about making any realistic assumptions about our team. I feel Duke did not establish any significant from their victory over and a very week ASU team
Fair enough, I can admit my word choice is bad in a lot of these posts. Once people like the music guy or the other guy come after me and try to make it personal, then that’s when I lean in and try to make them upset. Once the music guy called me a pussy and the other guy calls me a Duke fan I know I had won the argument. Kentucky can beat Duke, I just think with the talent Duke has in cooper Flagg, he will be the difference. But Kentucky can for sure win, saying Duke will outright win is a bad look for me. Either way go cats, I’m not a Duke fan like that one dumbass accused me of, and it’s not a losers mentality to admit when somebody is better than you sometimes.

How do you know about matchups at this point? Kentucky is still an unknown with regard to this roster and team dynamics.
No one talks about their team in the way you have in this thread if they are a legitimate fan.
They played a D1 school, and have the best player or one of the 5 best players in college basketball. I’ve seen plenty of fans say they think Kentucky is gonna lose to Duke, but everybody ignores the second part of my statement where I say Kentucky is gonna be good this year. Can Kentucky win absolutely, is Duke maybe better than Kentucky right now sure. And I don’t me saying one game could go bad for Kentucky makes me and less of a fan than anybody else on here. HH practically thinks we’re team USA and the best team in the world after every game they win.

lol take off the blue tinted glasses. There is a reason they are so highly ranked on analytics sites. We can win but the odds won’t be in our favor at all.
You mean how they ranked UK like that the last 5 years? Cal at UK was always ranked high. How did that work out? I personally think the game will be close. I’m just happy from now on if we are within 8 points with less than 5 mins to go it isn’t an automatic loss now.

They played a D1 school, and have the best player or one of the 5 best players in college basketball. I’ve seen plenty of fans say they think Kentucky is gonna lose to Duke, but everybody ignores the second part of my statement where I say Kentucky is gonna be good this year. Can Kentucky win absolutely, is Duke maybe better than Kentucky right now sure. And I don’t me saying one game could go bad for Kentucky makes me and less of a fan than anybody else on here. HH practically thinks we’re team USA and the best team in the world after every game they win.
Your opinion that Duke is better is your own POV because you, by your own admission, haven’t seen UK play a D1 school yet. We have seen many highly rated recruits flop and his stats the other day didn’t scare me a bit. Maybe he is good as they say maybe not. Fact is you don’t know how good he is till he faces equal talent.

Your opinion that Duke is better is your own POV because you, by your own admission, haven’t seen UK play a D1 school yet. We have seen many highly rated recruits flop and his stats the other day didn’t scare me a bit. Maybe he is good as they say maybe not. Fact is you don’t know how good he is till he faces equal talent.
Do you honestly think he is gonna bad? And it is my POV, but Flagg is a slight level below Zion, he is in the banchero group, and when Duke has somebody like him they are good. Kentucky will be fine, idk why everybody keeps on ignoring that part, I think pope proves a lot of people wrong, but in this game I just see it being really hard for Kentucky to win

I don't get that mentality of just acting like it's already a done deal we can't beat them. We absolutely can win that game.
I have said I think it will be very hard for them to win. Can Kentucky win sure, will they? Whats Kentuckys path towards winning look like?

Do you honestly think he is gonna bad? And it is my POV, but Flagg is a slight level below Zion, he is in the banchero group, and when Duke has somebody like him they are good. Kentucky will be fine, idk why everybody keeps on ignoring that part, I think pope proves a lot of people wrong, but in this game I just see it being really hard for Kentucky to win
Good or not, if you were a UK fan you would have seen good players get spanked by experience early in the season often. Those that can overcome the experience are more rare. I get it you have no problem conceding to Duke, but I’m more of a let’s play the game kind of guy. UK has a lot of experience and shot 50% deep last game. 1 guy can’t beat you unless you don’t prepare or he is a generational talent, which I have yet to hear anyone say about him.

Good or not, if you were a UK fan you would have seen good players get spanked by experience early in the season often. Those that can overcome the experience are more rare. I get it you have no problem conceding to Duke, but I’m more of a let’s play the game kind of guy. UK has a lot of experience and shot 50% deep last game. 1 guy can’t beat you unless you don’t prepare or he is a generational talent, which I have yet to hear anyone say about him.
To this point though, Cooper had the worst shooting percentage on the team yesterday and only scored 9 points. Duke still won by 56 and had 6 other guys score double figures.

Even if cooper isn’t a generational type of guy, Duke has shown to have quality talent around him and they have guys with quality experience too. If cooper lives up to the height, with their depth, then Duke can become an elite team this year.

It’s been said before, Kentucky benefits greatly by playing them early. I still expect it to be close game.

You obviously don’t watch much ESPN and other CBB media then. People have been saying Flagg is a generational prospect for 2 years now. Some of yall are taking this statement from me way to close to heart. I said one team will beat Kentucky, and then I said Kentucky will be good. Conceding to Duke, I’m not playing the game man. Do you see any scenario where the football team beats Tennessee this weekend? Or are you a let’s see type of person with that game as well?

To this point though, Cooper had the worst shooting percentage on the team yesterday and only scored 9 points. Duke still won by 56 and had 6 other guys score double figures.

Even if cooper isn’t a generational type of guy, Duke has shown to have quality talent around him and they have guys with quality experience too. If cooper lives up to the height, with their depth, then Duke can become an elite team this year.

It’s been said before, Kentucky benefits greatly by playing them early. I still expect it to be close game.
That’s my point, on top of Flagg, Duke has a good roster. I like Kentucky, I like our team, I just don’t like the cats chances this game. I don’t think Kentucky gets ran off the court or anything. But still the ones saying Duke hasn’t done anything and aren’t gonna be good are deluding themselves. Kentucky does get Duke at a good time though, and if Kentucky shoots well they can beat them.

ASU would not lose to Kentucky Wesleyan, come on now you don’t believe that at all. And that’s exactly why people are coming at me, because I’m being honest and saying what will probably happen. Who guards Flagg? Who guard the white kid for duke. Duke is a bad matchup because they have shooting and athleticism that Kentucky will struggle with.

That’s my point, on top of Flagg, Duke has a good roster. I like Kentucky, I like our team, I just don’t like the cats chances this game. I don’t think Kentucky gets ran off the court or anything. But still the ones saying Duke hasn’t done anything and aren’t gonna be good are deluding themselves. Kentucky does get Duke at a good time though, and if Kentucky shoots well they can beat them.
You are all over the place dude. Who said Duke isn’t going to be good?
And the path the beating Duke? Are you really asking that? We have a couple bad ass bigs who can pass and are surrounded by a bunch of snipers. Pope’s offense will be hard to guard. We have a few dogs on D who can get after them. Will it be tough, sure. But I just don’t get how this is a bad match up for us. And They ARE NOT playing 10-11 guys like they did last night. Bass mouth scheyer has said as much. So some of those guys getting wide open 3 after wide open 3 against that putrid asu defense will not see the court against us.

I love this match up for us and can’t wait for the game.
Oh, and Kerr will 💯 get into with Flagg. Bring the popcorn.

Dukes length is too much for this ASU team who keeps forcing the ball in the paint.

Dukes offense is ugly, but they definitely create a lot off their defense. Slow the game down, make it a half court game and they could struggle.
That you Cal???

You obviously don’t watch much ESPN and other CBB media then. People have been saying Flagg is a generational prospect for 2 years now. Some of yall are taking this statement from me way to close to heart. I said one team will beat Kentucky, and then I said Kentucky will be good. Conceding to Duke, I’m not playing the game man. Do you see any scenario where the football team beats Tennessee this weekend? Or are you a let’s see type of person with that game as well?
There is a lot more data available for the football team. As far as Flagg and the media is concerned, there have been many players hailed by the media before their first game that never panned out. Flagg is closer to Felipe Lopez than LeBron James.

You are all over the place dude. Who said Duke isn’t going to be good?
And the path the beating Duke? Are you really asking that? We have a couple bad ass bigs who can pass and are surrounded by a bunch of snipers. Pope’s offense will be hard to guard. We have a few dogs on D who can get after them. Will it be tough, sure. But I just don’t get how this is a bad match up for us. And They ARE NOT playing 10-11 guys like they did last night. Bass mouth scheyer has said as much. So some of those guys getting wide open 3 after wide open 3 against that putrid asu defense will not see the court against us.

I love this match up for us and can’t wait for the game.
Oh, and Kerr will 💯 get into with Flagg. Bring the popcorn.
Did I say he said that ? I asked him if he thinks duke won’t be good, not if anybody thinks they are good. Yes I am asking what he thinks the path to beating duke is, because nobody who has gotten upset has answered how they think Kentucky beats duke. It’s always Kentucky has a great system, Kentucky has great passers, Kentucky has badasses. People are getting on me for making assumptions without enough evidence, while they are overreacting to beating a D2 team. It’s a bad matchup because Kentucky has nobody to neutralize Flagg, and if the other guys are as good as advertised it’s just a bad matchup.

I have said I think it will be very hard for them to win. Can Kentucky win sure, will they? Whats Kentuckys path towards winning look like?
The path toward winning isn't something I would say is overtly complicated we just have to be who we are and hope it falls in our favor. I think Butler and Ohweh will have the ability to disrupt Dukes guard play and force them to make contested 3's. I think our offense is so good at moving the ball and getting it into our shooters hands that we will be more more than able to put enough points on the board to win. I don't think the Kentucky team is going to get shook if we get down early and fold like some of the recent teams. We have guys who understand to just stay the course and keep getting good looks.

There is a lot more data available for the football team. As far as Flagg and the media is concerned, there have been many players hailed by the media before their first game that never panned out. Flagg is closer to Felipe Lopez than LeBron James.
Yeah but the principle is the same, people are upset at me for saying Kentucky is gonna lose a game, while they chalk up the football game as a loss. It’s the same thing. Well yeah, nobody is close to Lebron he is the best player of all time.

I have been pessimistic about one game, one game. Other teams are better, I have only talked about Duke. Duke is a bad matchup for Kentucky. I was a call hater for a long time, so that doesnt fit your narrative. UK is back to what exactly? They haven’t done anything yet.
You have no idea how good our team can/will be because none of us know how good we will be until we play actual games and start amassing data.

You are setting yourself up for a laughable exposure in a couple of weeks if/when UK beats up on Baby-Shaking Pukies. I like our chances to overwhelm them and show their dumb asses how the perimeter game is meant to be played.

You have no idea how good our team can/will be because none of us know how good we will be until we play actual games and start amassing data.

You are setting yourself up for a laughable exposure in a couple of weeks if/when UK beats up on Baby-Shaking Pukies. I like our chances to overwhelm them and show their dumb asses how the perimeter game is meant to be played.
If Kentucky wins, please come back and roast me. I take it every time. I take the shots and punches thrown my way, a lot of times I deserve them. I don’t think Kentucky gets blown out or ran off the court. I see ie being exactly like the duke game against the banchero duke team.

Upsets happen all the time right? That’s half the excitement of watching March Madness. Teams overlook other teams all the time. You gotta play the game. As they say “any given Sunday”. I’m not taking anything to heart and your thought process doesn’t align with me but I dont care. You do however appear to have a cowardly type fan hood when you already wrote the team off on this game (a Puke Loss) before ever seeing UK play real competition.

A prime example of your way of thinking is UK the last 7 years. By all measuring sticks most of Cal’s team were always the most athletic in any game yet he gave UK some of the most embarrassing losses in UK history. How many first round drafts pick did UK have last year and still got embarrassed the first game.

Upsets happen all the time right? That’s half the excitement of watching March Madness. Teams overlook other teams all the time. You gotta play the game. As they say “any given Sunday”. I’m not taking anything to heart and your thought process doesn’t align with me but I dont care. You do however appear to have a cowardly type fan hood when you already wrote the team off on this game (a Puke Loss) before ever seeing UK play real competition.

A prime example of your way of thinking is UK the last 7 years. By all measuring sticks most of Cal’s team were always the most athletic in any game yet he gave UK some of the most embarrassing losses in UK history. How many first round drafts pick did UK have last year and still got embarrassed the first game.
I get it. I hope I’m wrong, because **** duke, I hate everything about that university and that pretentious fan base. Those UK losses early were because of the coach we all didn’t like. These other teams have good or at least decent coaches. Cowardly? I don’t see admitting another team appears to be better is that, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
If Kentucky wins, please come back and roast me. I take it every time. I take the shots and punches thrown my way, a lot of times I deserve them. I don’t think Kentucky gets blown out or ran off the court. I see ie being exactly like the duke game against the banchero duke
So there is nothing to be taken from Kentucky’s win against Kentucky Wesleyan, but you have already mapped out the path to juggling Duke’s/Flagg’s nuts based off a win over one of the worst D1 teams.
Got it.

Duke may be the best team in the country, and it goes way beyond Flagg. In fact, I think Flagg is a touch overrated, though he still should be the #1 pick and a top 15 player in the country this year.

Kon Knueppel is the real deal. He is a knockdown shooter, but has shown in their games so far to be more than just a shooter. He honestly reminds me a bit of Reed Sheppard

Maluach is just a huge body inside. I don't think he is super skilled, but he is going to gobble up rebounds, protect the rim, and score easy baskets if you leave him.

Their "weakness" is their other guards and wings, but they have lots of experience. Between Proctor and Foster returning, and James, Brown and Gillis as transfers from P5 schools, they have the depth. None of these guys are world beaters, and I would feel better about them if they had returned Jeremy Roach, but all of these players are on the same level talent wise as pretty much our entire roster.

I do think Kentucky can beat them, but we are going to need to outscore them. I think we can turn this into a three point contest and hope that we hit enough to win.

So there is nothing to be taken from Kentucky’s win against Kentucky Wesleyan, but you have already mapped out the path to juggling Duke’s/Flagg’s nuts based off a win over one of the worst D1 teams.
Got it.
If you can’t see the differences between beating a D2 and a D1 team then idk what to tell you. Juggling his nuts, Jesus Christ dude act like an adult here. Flagg is good, idk why some on here are trying to act like he won’t be that good or that is overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT