165th defense

picked 6th in conference preseason
won the regular season and obviously their conference tournament

Off: 76.4ppg
Def: 72.9ppg

Lost to Ill by 11
MSU by 17
UD by 24

I should also add that while they have some players that can shoot the three decently, they are really a one-player team - Trey Townsend leads them in nearly all categories.

16.9 PPG
3.1 APG
45.7% FGP
7.8 RBG
1.3 SPG

Their blocks leader averages a whopping 0.7 BBP (Naivalurua).

Trey Townsend reminds me of a more agile, more active version of Tre Mitchell.

The three point threats are Blake Lampman (83/225), Jack Gohlke (121/327) and DQ Cole (43/122).

Blake and Jack almost exclusively only shoots threes, with Blake launching 225 three attempts out of 282 field goals tried, and Jack hoisting 327 three-point tries out of a total of 335 shot attempts. Even with all of those attempts, they are relatively average percentage wise at 36.9% (Blake), 37% (Jack) and 35.2% (DQ).

DQ shoots slightly less than half of his shots from the perimeter with 122 attempts out of 234 total shots tried.

The rest of the team doesn't shoot many threes as these three pretty much take them all.

They don't take a ton of threes. 93rd in 3PA/FGA
They play extreme slow on offense tho............307th in average poss time.

Nothing really jumps out for them. Sub 100th in all of the four factors on both offense and defense.

126th in the NET
2-5 in quad 1 and 2 games

137th on Kenpom
135th offense
165th defense

picked 6th in conference preseason
won the regular season and obviously their conference tournament

Off: 76.4ppg
Def: 72.9ppg

Lost to Ill by 11
MSU by 17
UD by 24
We do like to play to the level of our competition!

As a comparison on threes, here are UK's numbers.

Reeves, 44.1% from 3, 179 3PA / 441 FG attempted
Rob, 44.9% from 3, 138 3PA / 353 attempted
Sheppard, 52.5% from 3, 141 3PA out of 258 attempted

So LOTS of balance here.

Then we have the rest of our team:

Mitchel 31.3%
Wagner 30.4%
Edwards 37.0%
Thiero 31.8%
Ivisic 37.5%

So I'd not worry much about them being able to outshoot us from the perimeter, ESPECIALLY since this team also loves to play zone. And once we blow that to shreds with wide open threes raining from everywhere, they are limited in athleticism to be able to keep up with our guards driving the lane, particularly Reeves and Dillingham. I even expect Reed to easily get into the lane, and this could also be a huge game for DJ since he loves driving and is usually successful against teams that are bad at defending the drive game.

Oh and I should mention that their tallest players are 6'9", two of them, neither of which score a lot per game.

Below that is one guy at 6'7", and then a bunch of short dudes 6'5" and smaller. They are very GUARD heavy. We could beat this team in the ground with the pre-7' team we had in Nov and Dec.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT