ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain Cal pumper to me?

2CF392CF-BBCA-48AE-B9A8-1FDA83DADC72_w1200_r1.jpg

I think a few of them legitimately believe rooting against Calipari means you’re rooting against UK.

There’s some who don’t like the Calipari attacking because they feel it gives ammo to rival fans, and they might have friends who read the board or hear about the attacks. They don’t want to deal with it.

Then there’s some who are mind f’d and cannot understand how bad we are and how bad of a coach he is. The run from 2010-2017 isn’t something they’ve been able to let go of, and they began to attack other people who woke up early and sounded alarms . They’ve gone too far and for too long to quit now. They’re invested.

Nobody supports Calipari simply because of the product he produces. Nobody. It’s purely agenda driven.

Cal pumper is:

a “fan” of UK that is incapable of questioning Cal.

Also rips anyone that dares say anything negative about him.

Constantly tells you that Cal is in the hall of fame (who effing cares at this point) and how successful he was at UK from 2010-2015.

Ignores everything after those seasons.

Parrots anything Cal says.

Others might be able to add some more but this pretty much sums it up.

Cal pumper is:

Constantly tells you that Cal is in the hall of fame (who effing cares at this point) and how successful he was at UK from 2010-2015.

That’s a false narrative Jamal! That’s my favorite reply.

A Cal pumper is a totally naive person who probably only buys used cars from some fat greasy salesman. They believe EVERYTHING the car salesman says. And when the car breaks down constantly, they blame the car manufacturing company. And most Cal pumpers never played basketball, have little knowledge of the nuances of basketball, and immediately blame the players

Cal pumper is:

They also are the wait for next years group to get here!

It’s people who are afraid of change mostly
Pretty much this. It’s like staying in a relationship where everyone knows it’s not working anymore.

No coach could come in and replicate the 10-17 run. It was magical and Cal was the man for the job. The last 4 seasons, pretty much any coach could replicate and do better.

Grow some balls and take a step into the unknown.

Whatever it is, it’s absolutely passive aggressiveness which is at the bottom of human behavior.
One of our resident pumpers right here.

I forgot this aspect of their game: Trying to play psychologist and also tell people how to be a fan,

Again, this usually comes out right after Cal has pissed the bed yet again.

“Basketball isn’t that important. Get a life” type comments.

I'll never understand why UK fans go at one another like they do on here.
I don’t think it’s that hard to understand. You have people that love Kentucky basketball that are watching their program drift further with every season.

And you have people that still think Cal sh*ts gold and are just fine with where the program is going.

There, pretty easy.

I don’t think it’s that hard to understand. You have people that love Kentucky basketball that are watching their program drift further with every season.

And you have people that still think Cal sh*ts gold and are just fine with where the program is going.

There, pretty easy.
Yes I get that. But I think ppl can have different views and not be caustic to fellow fans. But that’s me.

They are living in denial. They know if we fire Cal we will never have what we once had with him, but can't admit to themselves that, that version of Cal is dead and gone. It's just like a failing relationship. In the beginning things were wonderful and you just want to get back to that. But once someone cheats things are never the same. And Cal cheated when he stopped caring about winning.

There's a few on here I think are just stubborn. And refuse to admit the obvious as they are invested.

If Saban had the 4 year run we have with his normal tslent level - Bama fans be going crazy too.. some refuse to sew in front of them by choice

Cal pumper is:

They have been raised to believe everyone gets a trophy so finishing first isn’t important.

Yes I get that. But I think ppl can have different views and not be caustic to fellow fans. But that’s me.
Everyone should be able to express their opinions but don’t tell those of us who think what is happening is unacceptable and we are trolls or fans of other teams when we have been on the board since its inception.

Reactions: jedwar
There’s not one person that you’d meet at a bar that would call you a Cal pumper with saliva falling out of their mouths and glazed eyes….but oh that internet where a 5’7” guy instantly is 6’6”.
Speaking of being passive aggressive, isn't that you're entire shtick?

Reactions: RunninRichie
I am a Cal supporter. To make fun of fans that support him and ask for an explanation is like telling somebody to calm down. I think running down our coach at this point in the season is not helpful to the team. We have been a very good team the past 4 weeks or so. When we get to the FF you can eat crow, when we exit early you can be right and continue to run him down. Go Cats.

I’ll say the same thing when they were posting last week. This isn’t helpful, the season isn’t over, have you learned nothing?

Cal pumper is:

You left out:
Continues to believe " this is the year".
And then: Just wait until next year when Cal gets " his" players.

And finally. " NO one can replace Cal. NO ONE!!!
The UK program will come to an abrupt end without the Master.

It’s because you can bring out facts as I do often and the pumpers go in full attack mode with personal attacks because they can’t provide any factual evidence to prove that Cal deserves to be coaching UK.

They can attack me and not call me a fan all they want. I do not and will not support Cal.
He’s a garbage coach killing UK basketball.

Reactions: CROCAT and NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT