ADVERTISEMENT

Arch Manning's NIL deal 3.8M

JLoad22

Junior
Apr 18, 2022
As I understand it, this is what he CAN earn, not what he's earned yet. But I bet he's "earned" much of it already.

I do know that Congress is looking at placing rules on NIL to level the playing field.

No locker room poison here.
nothing-to.gif

So Manning took 3.5 million to play atTexas. Didn’t Nico Lamoleava sp get 8 million from Tennessee?? Seems like someone overpaid. It would be hilarious if he is a complete bust and sat on the bench 4 years eating doughnuts and collecting his checks aka Kwami Brown.

I’m pretty sure other schools were offering more for him than Texas but the Mannings thought that was the best offense for his skill set and making him look good for the NFL.

Why is there a limit on what he can earn. You said he can earn $3.5 million, why not more? Why is $3.5 million the limit?
He is saying the contract is based on incentives. If he meets all his obligations. Attends all his signing and appearances he can make 3.5 million. If he takes signing off n doesn’t make all his appearances he would make less. Stoops contract is like that 7 million base. If he was to win a national title, he CAN make up to 9.5 million with incentives. I’m not sure if the contract says he can’t or can go after additional deals if he wants.

Last edited:
Why is there a limit on what he can earn. You said he can earn $3.5 million, why not more? Why is $3.5 million the limit?

No limit. They "estimated" that the market for him was 3.8 million. So I guess it can be plus or minus that number with no restrictions.

He is saying the contract is based on incentives. If he meets all his obligations. Attends all his signing and appearances he can make 3.5 million. If he takes signing off n doesn’t make all his appearances he would make less. Stoops contract is like that 7 million base. If he was to win a national title, he CAN make up to 9.5 million with incentives. I’m not sure if the contract says he can’t or can go after additional deals if he wants.
That’s pay for play, not NIL. NIL is getting paid for your name image and likeness. NIL contracts have to be fully guaranteed to be legal, no incentives per the NCAA rules.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
That’s pay for play, not NIL. NIL is getting paid for your name image and likeness. NIL contracts have to be fully guaranteed to be legal, no incentives per the NCAA rules.
My understanding was no pay for play for on the field performance, like number of touchdowns, passing yards etc.

Reactions: Girthang
I'm assuming all these NIL numbers are projections based on calculating all the folks interested in gaining an audience with these kids.

All the car dealers, local sports radio characters/shows, restaurants, etc and about what they'll be charged.

At some point in the not-so-distant future I think agents will have to be brought in to handle all that shit.

Right now, kids, parents, schools, etc...who's managing all this in terms of setting the market, hammering out contracts, logistics, phone calls, negotiations?

I think that's why it's a clown show so far...not because kids are making money, but because there are no trained professionals handling it all.

Reactions: UkraineCountonMe
If he was the same player but his name with Smith, how much would his NIL deal be?
I've said the same thing for a couple of years about his ranking. I recorded and watched a couple of his games that were on ESPN. He looked pretty pedestrian both times. It was just the spring game, but I saw where he threw for 30 yards on 13 attempts and was outplayed by another freshman. Ewers was named the starter after the game. He may turn out to be the next big thing...or not. QB recruiting is a crapshoot, no matter what your name is.

Arch sitting 2nd string behind Quentin for 2023 season. But I've heard that is what the family wanted all along. They didn't want Arch playing the last zombie Big 12 season against visceral road crowds and biased refs. The plan has always been for Arch to debut against SEC competition in 2024.

Either Ewers shows out & is a star this season then goes pro, or he struggles and grad transfers elsewhere for '24. Zero percent chance he is Texas starting qb in 2024.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I wasn’t meaning incentives on the football field. I probably used the wrong word. Obligations is probably better. He can make up to 3.5 million if he meets all his obligations. Shows up at signing. Levis said he was very careful not to let NIL get in the way of his football training. You can’t get better if you are always at KSbar every weekend signing autographs. That’s what I was speaking of. Sorry for the confusion.

I wasn’t meaning incentives on the football field. I probably used the wrong word. Obligations is probably better. He can make up to 3.5 million if he meets all his obligations. Shows up at signing. Levis said he was very careful not to let NIL get in the way of his football training. You can’t get better if you are always at KSbar every weekend signing autographs. That’s what I was speaking of. Sorry for the confusion. I do know that everything is not money in pocket as well. Levis signed a deal with a golf course. He and three friends were allowed to play a round a week. That’s probably worth 500 per week but not exactly money in your pocket. After two weeks if they quit showing up for free golf it’s worthless. The golf course just wanted the players out there conversing with their members.

Manning has not taken a penny in NIL money, even though the school is getting it, and his Dad said he's not taking any until he proves himself on the field.

Much respect for the Mannings. Sure they are rich, but that's solid.

Manning has not taken a penny in NIL money, even though the school is getting it, and his Dad said he's not taking any until he proves himself on the field.

Much respect for the Mannings. Sure they are rich, but that's solid.
He has a $3.8 million deal but doesn’t get the money, the school does?

As I understand it, this is what he CAN earn, not what he's earned yet. But I bet he's "earned" much of it already.

I do know that Congress is looking at placing rules on NIL to level the playing field.

How do you, legally, tell somebody how much money they can make off of their own self? Gtfo, there ain't gonna be no dumb law or rule. It would have to apply to every single person in the country and that ain't happening.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I’m pretty sure you said,
“Manning has not taken a penny in NIL money, even though the school is getting it”.

Yeah, so read it again. He hasn't taken any yet. I said he won't until he plays. Common sense says the school is holding onto it until he's ready to receive it. 99 out of 100 people understood what I said. Enjoy the remainder of your life.

Yeah, so read it again. He hasn't taken any yet. I said he won't until he plays. Enjoy the remainder of your life.
Oh so he has this NIL deal worth millions but the school is holding the money for him. When he starts playing they will give him his money? LOL, I’m sorry I love laughing at made up BS.

Yeah, so read it again. He hasn't taken any yet. I said he won't until he plays. Common sense says the school is holding onto it until he's ready to receive it. 99 out of 100 people understood what I said. Enjoy the remainder of your life.
You are dumber than a bag of hammers if you think independent sponsorship payments between Archie Manning & Texas boosters is going to the University of Texas for them to "hold on to".

You are being played. The Manning family are experts at projecting ideal image to the public to max approval. I'm sure they are saying some bullshit like "he may have deals, but he doesn't get to spend any of it until he actually plays and earns it!!!!". They hope to dupe people like you with such WORK HARD NOT ENTITLED OR SPOILED nonsense.

You are dumber than a bag of hammers if you think independent sponsorship payments between Archie Manning & Texas boosters is going to the University of Texas for them to "hold on to".

You are being played. The Manning family are experts at projecting ideal image to the public to max approval. I'm sure they are saying some bullshit like "he may have deals, but he doesn't get to spend any of it until he actually plays and earns it!!!!". They hope to dupe people like you with such WORK HARD NOT ENTITLED OR SPOILED nonsense.

Does calling strangers names while hiding behind the internet make you feel better about yourself? A six year old can do the same. Feel free to bow up, stick your chest out, move the goalpost around, kick the strawman to the ground and have the last word..... I won't see it or anything else you have to say ever again.

The school can't "hold on to it" though. They can't have anything to do with it. Attys maybe, but not the school.

I've said the same thing for a couple of years about his ranking. I recorded and watched a couple of his games that were on ESPN. He looked pretty pedestrian both times. It was just the spring game, but I saw where he threw for 30 yards on 13 attempts and was outplayed by another freshman. Ewers was named the starter after the game. He may turn out to be the next big thing...or not. QB recruiting is a crapshoot, no matter what your name is.

Curious as well. Most of his highlight videos look like his playing against middle school boys.

Common sense says a business or collective would give the school a players NIL money until he starts playing? Really? The player wouldn’t want to invest $3.8 million dollars, he just lets the school “hold on to it it” interest free? LOL! The more y’all make stuff up the funnier it gets.

Just say he’s not gonna take any NIL money until he’s starts playing. There’s no reason to complicate the fairytale and bring the school into it. KISS, keep it simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT