ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll Released

We will have one of two completely different seasons based on whether or not we beat Duke. There’s really not much in the way of middle ground available. Come November 13th the powers that be will see us either as in the top third of the top 25 or as in the bottom third of the SEC. We could technically change either perception afterwards, but man it would be like swimming upstream in a mudslide.

Have to pummel Scheyer. Just have to.

I can't see the SEC having 8 teams in the top 25 for very long. The league will be very strong but I can't see 8 top 25 teams. At least a 1/3 of that list will drop out by mid season, possibly even half. Other teams from other leagues will have good seasons and deserve to be there. Some will be extremely over-valued.
It seems the SEC teams fade in the rankings every year ... not sure why.

We will have one of two completely different seasons based on whether or not we beat Duke. There’s really not much in the way of middle ground available. Come November 13th the powers that be will see us either as in the top third of the top 25 or as in the bottom third of the SEC. We could technically change either perception afterwards, but man it would be like swimming upstream in a mudslide.

Have to pummel Scheyer. Just have to.
No we really don’t HAVE too. Geez

How is Rutgers ranked 25th with the 2nd and 3rd best players in the Country, and two of the top 3 draft picks?
angry stan marsh GIF by South Park

Reactions: G-PIP
Regardless of how much everyone is currently in love with Pope, if we finish the season outside the Top 20, this board will implode.
Meh. I’m gonna enjoy the up’s and down’s of this first-season ride. If nothing else, we have a head coach who actually can and will coach in-game and a roster of guys who want to win games and titles while wearing UK jerseys. Sounds sort of old-school…

Reactions: billoliver40
New coach
New system
New team that has never played a NCAA game together yet.

I think it’s more than fair….
Now go out and prove everyone wrong.
Winning will take care of the rankings.

It really doesn't matter right now. Kentucky will have to prove itself.
20 won seasons have been yawners for the base. With a new coach, all new players, new system for most if them....I think a 20 win season would be pretty good for the heart.

Meh. I’m gonna enjoy the up’s and down’s of this first-season ride. If nothing else, we have a head coach who actually can and will coach in-game and a roster of guys who want to win games and titles while wearing UK jerseys. Sounds sort of old-school…

Let's not pretend the players under cal didn't want to win as well. Let's also not pretend the new guys aren't getting tons of NIL money to be here and it's a job for them. They also want to make it in the pros as well in their profession.

On the coaching aspect I 100% agree. Night and day and better for UK. I just can't buy into the made up story for the players. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

I like it. Let’s earn our way into the top 10.

It can’t be any worse than preseason top 5 that’s sitting at 8-3 heading to conference play with one of those losses coming at home to some nobody.

North Carolina is a team that seems to me to be ranked way too high. To me it looks like RJ Davis & Cade Tyson and not much else to get excited about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT