ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone noticing this team is growing?

BBUK

All-American
May 26, 2005
Yes, they are. Who came up big today at the end? Lyles and Ulis. Can't we take some positives out of these wins? This team is growing leaps and bounds. When they peak it will be beautiful.

Yes, this team is growing a lot. Different players nearly every game are stepping up. UK had three horses foul out today and others stepped up. Sorry the sky is not falling. This team is jelling. I for one am glad UK is not peaking right now.

Enjoy this ride for what it is. It's GREAT!!!

Cal's days are numbered so i'm trying to enjoy every minute. This level of talent may not occur again in my lifetime.

Originally posted by BBUK:

Yes, they are. Who came up big today at the end? Lyles and Ulis. Can't we take some positives out of these wins? This team is growing leaps and bounds. When they peak it will be beautiful.

Yes, this team is growing a lot. Different players nearly every game are stepping up. UK had three horses foul out today and others stepped up. Sorry the sky is not falling. This team is jelling. I for one am glad UK is not peaking right now.

Yeah me too but geez I wish they wouldn't cut it so close. Even not at peak this team is better than that. Glad as well to see different players stepping up when needed..

Originally posted by 55wildcat:

Originally posted by BBUK:

Yeah me too but geez I wish they wouldn't cut it so close. Even not at peak this team is better than that. Glad as well to see different players stepping up when needed..
I will agree with that.

These type of games are exactly what makes a young team grow, much more so than blowouts, which I love to see by the way. Learning how to win when adversity strikes is priceless. And they grew quite a bit today for sure.

As a coach of top academy soccer players. We typically see a dip in performance/development before a monster growth spurt. Relax and enjoy this. This level of talent may not be seen at UK after Cal leaves. Will we always be relevant? Yes. But this is special. Enjoy the ride!

Originally posted by chattanoogawildcat:
Cal's days are numbered so i'm trying to enjoy every minute. This level of talent may not occur again in my lifetime.
I thought the same thing today

Originally posted by Players-first-the-only-way:
As a coach of top academy soccer players. We typically see a dip in performance/development before a monster growth spurt. Relax and enjoy this. This level of talent may not be seen at UK after Cal leaves. Will we always be relevant? Yes. But this is special. Enjoy the ride!
Spot on. Why didn't I say that?

Probably bc your not a top academy coach! Probably a nerd behind a key board who acts tough. Yeah I was agreeing with you about the talent being the best it may ever be. But I said something from a coaches stand point on player development.

Probably bc your not a top academy coach! Probably a nerd behind a key board who acts tough. Yeah I was agreeing with you about the talent being the best it may ever be. But I said something from a coaches stand point on player development.
I guess you pointed that at me. If so, go away richard head, I thought I was complimenting you. If not me then, excuse the hell out of me.

I definitely agree with this post. We had several guys step up and make plays that were crucial to winning today.

Lyles HAD to make 2 free throws at the end of the first overtime or we lose. He calmly sank both.

Ulis had some trouble with A&M's big backcourt early in this game but he ran the offense well when Andrew went out and he made the big three when we had to have it.

Dakari Johnson has struggled from the ft line this year but with the game on the line he sank 4 in a row.

When you include Andrew being slowed by an ankle sprain, we were really down by 4 players at the end of that game. Willie, Towns, Aaron, and Andrew were out. To step up and win in that second OT was huge for our conconfidence.

Now our goal needs to be to not get ourselves in that position again. The defensive lapses can't happen.

"When you include Andrew being slowed by an ankle sprain, we were really down by 4 players at the end of that game. Willie, Towns, Aaron, and Andrew were out."

if you consider POY that's the entire blue platoon from game 1.

Well......"ain't you special?" Not even a dozen posts and already being a jackass.

Lyles was great. Ulis was great. Booker was great. And the star of the game: Dakari Johnson for putting in the closing dagger with two FTs--are you kidding me?

Originally posted by IL Wildcat:

Dakari Johnson has struggled from the ft line this year but with the game on the line he sank 4 in a row.
Sure wish Andrew would show some top shelf concentration similar to Dakari on those four late foul shots you're talking about. Dakari was into it. But 4 out of 8 from a point guard that has started almost 50 games in a University of Kentucky uniform is a STINK JOB. Some of them Andrew tossed up like he didn't give a rip if they went in or not. I'm sure that's not how it was, but it damn sure looked that way.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT