ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have a Update on Barker

wildcatman26

Sophomore
Apr 23, 2006
Was it has back or leg that got hurt?

I just watch the game from the Philippines.....
Just for what it is worth... Just hear say ...Someone said that Barker my be out for the Year.

If anyone ask where i got the info..Facebook group...like i said Just hear say...

I sure hope he is OK, whether Johnson takes over or not. I feel for him he is probably in shock about how his season has gone, hereally looked good-----for a half. I hope he bounces back, we will need him before it is over.

Most of our fans seem to busy worrying about only winning by 20 to worry about the health of one of our players though, or maybe crying because we didn't hire the skuzzball.

I dont think anyonevwants him to be injured but on the other hand, i dont want him as our QB

[.

Most of our fans seem to busy worrying about only winning by 20 to worry about the health of one of our players though, or maybe crying because we didn't hire the skuzzball.[/QUOTE]
Outrageous BS!
How do you know what most of our fans are worrying about!
A baseless statement.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I don't understand how fans have completely given up on Barker already. You don't think he'd played well against NMSU if he was healthy? I mean, c'mon, people, their defense was TERRIBLE. Johnson had a great game but he's not Lamar Jackson, Jr. I like the dual threat and the poise but so many on here are blowing this one game against a highly inferior opponent completely out of proportion.

We're gonna need Barker this season. At least the Barker who played the first half against USM. People were beside themselves after that game with how well he played. Now, he's just another bum and good riddance. SMH at the idiocy on this board at times.

Reactions: Rifleman521
Saw one note that the injury had to do with his back. Have heard nothing since that one speculation.

As of Sunday morning I still haven't heard a definite answer to your question. That said I was impressed by Johnson and the things he can do Barker can't. I'd start him against SC either way though I realize he went up against a D that's almost, almost as bad as ours. I believe he'll find the Gamecocks D, while not great either, considerably better than NMSU's. That was two of the most hapless D's I've ever watched in one game.

Was it has back or leg that got hurt?

I just watch the game from the Philippines.....
Just for what it is worth... Just hear say ...Someone said that Barker my be out for the Year.

If anyone ask where i got the info..Facebook group...like i said Just hear say...

Only thing I can find is Stoops said after the game he had a back injury and was taken to hosp for exams.

Reactions: wildcatman26
Considering the way Johnson played and the current situation at hand, I'm betting Barker wishes he was a Gamecock right about now.

Barker was taken to the hospital last night, and his back was the focus.
This is total speculation: if he originally had complaints/pain in his leg, but the problem is in his back, he probably has a disc problem and it will need to be treated very carefully.

No matter, I wish the young man a speedy recovery.

It's a tough situation. While Johnson looked good, it was against a defense rated worst than UK's. Even though Barker threw a pick before the injury, Barker may of settled down and done just fine. Or the back injury was something going into the game and it just got worst. That's a possibility too. Regardless, you have a QB controversy bc of Johnson's play. You also have to take into account the backup probably wasn't game planned against either, not to the point he would take all the snaps

It's like the fans are playing out the Towles/Barker thing again. Here's my take. I think both aren't great options just like Towles and Barker last year. People will go back and forth and whoever doesn't play when the offense sputters, that's who should play. You could wind up with a 2 QB system during the games if Barker is healthy.

It's a tough situation. While Johnson looked good, it was against a defense rated worst than UK's. Even though Barker threw a pick before the injury, Barker may of settled down and done just fine. Or the back injury was something going into the game and it just got worst. That's a possibility too. Regardless, you have a QB controversy bc of Johnson's play. You also have to take into account the backup probably wasn't game planned against either, not to the point he would take all the snaps

It's like the fans are playing out the Towles/Barker thing again. Here's my take. I think both aren't great options just like Towles and Barker last year. People will go back and forth and whoever doesn't play when the offense sputters, that's who should play. You could wind up with a 2 QB system during the games if Barker is healthy.
It is water under the bridge,but Towles was a better QB than Barker the coaches tried to salvage a season last year(get to 6 wins) with a QB change that didn't need to happen. Barker is not (and never will be) the answer to the QB issue at UK.He is too slow and not accurate enough.Johnson is better but probably not durable enough for a season of SEC play,he is likely a cut under mid-tier D1 level talent but the best we have currently

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
When he first was injured they said it was his back, but during the 4th quarter when asked on the sideline, the reporter stated it was his leg.

It is water under the bridge,but Towles was a QB than Barker the coaches tried to salvage a season last year(get to 6 wins) with a QB change that didn't need to happen. Barker is not (and never will be) the answer to the QB issue at UK.He is too slow and not accurate enough.Johnson is better but probably not durable enough for a season of SEC play,he is likely a cut under mid-tier D1 level talent but the best we have currently

Towles, BTW, was 9-28 for 80 yds in a BC blow out loss to Va Tech yesterday.

Johnson did a lot of good things. Question is can he do the same vs SEC teams? I agree with doc, it's unlikely his scrawny build will hold up(I think his listed 183 lbs is generous). UK's in one helluva pickle...the O has to score every time they get the ball to hang with teams. And by scoring I mean TDs, not FGs. Tremendous pressure on Johnson and the O.

Hope Barker's injury isn't serious, it's likely he'll be needed by season's end.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Hope Drew is ok and ready to go. Johnson proved he is capable and utilize a lot of offensive weapons.

[.

Most of our fans seem to busy worrying about only winning by 20 to worry about the health of one of our players though, or maybe crying because we didn't hire the skuzzball.
Outrageous BS!
How do you know what most of our fans are worrying about!
A baseless statement.[/QUOTE]

I really wonder why at times, trying to break the habit, but I get a lot of my info from reading posts on here. Certainly not a good cross section of the UK fan base------I hope.

When I was growing up sports was a lot about sportsmanship, learning life lessons, even learning how to lose, today a lot of it seems to be about win, win, win, AND money, money, money, win at any cost.

Unfortunately the latest data seems to indicate that roughly 50% of the teams playing a game to conclusion end up losing the game.

We had some amazing play by some of our young players Saturday, really breakout performance by three of them, with Boom his usual stellar self, AND a lot of other noteworthy performances.

We also had a lot of players that flubbed their dub on occasion, they should immediately be kicked off the team, and maybe out of the University, it is pretty obvious that they were better than the oppositions and just weren't trying.

LOL..,

I hope Barker is going to be okay, will be back soon and 100% healthy.
Like some in this thread have said, I think we'll probably need both of them.

Towles, BTW, was 9-28 for 80 yds in a BC blow out loss to Va Tech yesterday.

Johnson did a lot of good things. Question is can he do the same vs SEC teams? I agree with doc, it's unlikely his scrawny build will hold up(I think his listed 183 lbs is generous). UK's in one helluva pickle...the O has to score every time they get the ball to hang with teams. And by scoring I mean TDs, not FGs. Tremendous pressure on Johnson and the O.

Hope Barker's injury isn't serious, it's likely he'll be needed by season's end.

UL's QB is no horse neither but he seems to be doing ok.
Johnson slammed into a NMSU defender last night trying to get the TD score. Was very impressed by his toughness on that play. As long as the line doesn't let him get blindsided I think he will be ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonewall12
UL's QB is no horse neighther but he seems to be doing ok.
Johnson slammed into a NMSU defender last night trying to get the TD score. Was very impressed by his toughness on that play. As long as the line doesn't let him get blindsided I think he will be ok.

And don't count on our OTs to keep Johnson from getting blindsided. Johnson will be scrambling every game in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT