ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Else Not That Upset?

I expected a win but I can't say I'm surprised. The entire team was tight and nervous from the very beginning. And that's been the same story in the tournament for years now, at some point it's on the coach to get their heads right.

At least I can enjoy the tournament stress free now.

Saw a tweet that summed it up "I'm not mad, I'm not even surprised, I'm just sad."

I texted my dad at halftime that I wasn't even getting mad, I wasn't yelling or jumping around, heart rate not even up. Just resigned to the fact that this is what Kentucky basketball is now. I wasn't even really excited about our game tonight. Just bracing for more disappointment. I don't know if I'm even going to watch next year if Calipari is back.

I find it amusing.

I’d prefer we win, but don’t care that much when we lose, unless it’s the refs messing us over throughout.

Tonight, I’m laying off the refs.

We weren’t prepared.

It was the most frustrated I’ve ever been watching a UK game and it was that way almost all 40 minutes.

While it ruined me watching the tourney, the biggest feeling tonight is just “what comes next?” The question marks around the program are what I feel more than an intense emotion now that the game is over.

I actually called this.. I saw it coming back in 2015. A prime example of a system built around ego's. Many argued for cal, but all you needed to do was give him some rope!

If he comes back next year,and I expect he will.
And he doesn't keep at least Bradshaw, Adou, and one of Wagner/Sheppard. You will more then likely have another early tournament exit!

P.S. I sort of expected a early exit,but figured it would be Saturday. But wasn't surprised how it played out tonight. IMO it's better this way.
We went from a 2%chance for a change to a 6% for Cal to change his roster! 😂.

Don't even care anymore....

I want to get back to Kentucky basketball, I'm tired of roster turnover year after year with crap results in March.

With NIL who knows if that is even possible but what I do know is there is a coach out there that actually doesn't just roll the basketball out.

I was doing some homework and occasionally going over to turn on the TV, laugh, and go right back to doing homework. I was at the angry stage 3 or so years back. I knew he would make the kids headcases by the end of the season. I knew he would not be prepared for his sec or Ncaa opponents. I knew he would make no adjustments. I knew he would mess up the offense as the season progressed. I knew he could not be bothered to actually improve the defense. I mean every year he is paid 9 mill and he pays it back by laying a big clunky on Mitch's desk. Clearly Mitch is into that. It's just laughably absurd to me at this point. He has to be the laziest coach we have ever had.

Speak for yourself .

I’m hurt
I’m pissed
I’m annoyed
But not shocked they lost. Cal has zero cred left at all with this fanbase imo. Snarky remsrks. Condescending arrogance. Pitiful job performance.

I'd be fine if they hired the guy from Morehead St. Popcorn St even.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I'm depressed. Not just by tonight but the grand scheme of things based on how far this program has fallen under Calipari. It's beyond repair as long as CCC is here. Past the point of being mad when the losses are inevitable. Rinse and repeat. Do it all again next year.

Saw a tweet that summed it up "I'm not mad, I'm not even surprised, I'm just sad."

I texted my dad at halftime that I wasn't even getting mad, I wasn't yelling or jumping around, heart rate not even up. Just resigned to the fact that this is what Kentucky basketball is now. I wasn't even really excited about our game tonight. Just bracing for more disappointment. I don't know if I'm even going to watch next year if Calipari is back.
I never got anxious at all during tonight’s game. Figured if it was a game there was nothing to get anxious about anyway as the writing was on the wall, win or lose. Long time between now and October but I will have a hard time wanting to watch any more cal teams. He has sucked every ounce of enjoyment from KY basketball.

I expected a win but I can't say I'm surprised. The entire team was tight and nervous from the very beginning. And that's been the same story in the tournament for years now, at some point it's on the coach to get their heads right.

At least I can enjoy the tournament stress free now.
The team takes on the vibes from the coach, hell we were tight in 2012, KU actually did run out of time

Reactions: deep3
But not shocked they lost. Cal has zero cred left at all with this fanbase imo. Snarky remsrks. Condescending arrogance. Pitiful job performance.

I'd be fine if they hired the guy from Morehead St. Popcorn St even.
I can’t lie bro I have prepared myself but each time I’m shocked . Like I don’t even know what to expect this offseason at this point other than the usual declares and someone(maybe a few) will transfer

We've come to expect a plate of shit...1 NCAA win in five years...

14 seed Oakland
10 seed Kansas State
15 seed Saint Peters
9-16
Covid
2019- lost to # 5 Auburn after beating them twice plus they lost their best player to injury in the NC game.
2018- bracket collapsed and they lost to #9 seed Kansas State.

We've come to expect a plate of shit...1 NCAA win in five years...

14 seed Oakland
10 seed Kansas State
15 seed Saint Peters
9-16
Covid
Don't forget Shaedon Sharpe.

He has as many tournament wins as Dillingham, Wagner, Bradshaw, Sheppard, and Edwards.

I'm numb to it these days. But I have decided I'm not watching anymore games until Cal is gone. I'll still read and post on here just because, well, I have nothing against my fellow brothers and sisters as fans and I guess this place will kind of be like a AA meeting spot. Hi, I'm Phil, and I'm a recovering UK basketball fan.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT