ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else cancel their fantasy football season this year?

Honestly...I don't know? It's my first year in the league.

I joined because my brother in law invited me, and they still needed one more team to fill out the league.

It's a 10 team league, all the rosters look pretty good at this point.

Well congrats man, you got 3 of those guys well past their usual draft position. Getting DJ Moore at the end of the 4th round is highway robbery. Barring injury you’re winning that league, especially with Kyler too. Insane team.

Reactions: Los Gatos
I don't see a recent general football thread..

My God, KC is gonna be a problem all over again with this new RB. They pretty much dispatched Houston and it probably should have been worse.

Tyreek Hill was very quiet.. thank God for that lone TD.

Really struggling with my flex this week in one of my PPR leagues. A hampered and potentially on a snap count Miles Sanders... or McLaurin, who might get 20 targets in this game but will be shadowed by Slay all day

Really struggling with my flex this week in one of my PPR leagues. A hampered and potentially on a snap count Miles Sanders... or McLaurin, who might get 20 targets in this game but will be shadowed by Slay all day

Who else do you have as an option?

I'm a little weary on Wideouts in the early going, not just this year, but all years. Running backs just go, but Wideouts need a bit of chemistry with the QB. Hill almost burned me last night with a somewhat weak performance, meanwhile the RBs feasted. I could also see Terry having a bit of a slump in his 2nd season. He's gonna be keyed in on.

You'll know more about Sanders in a day or two, but I'd play him. Washington blows.

Who else do you have as an option?

I'm a little weary on Wideouts in the early going, not just this year, but all years. Running backs just go, but Wideouts need a bit of chemistry with the QB. Hill almost burned me last night with a somewhat weak performance, meanwhile the RBs feasted. I could also see Terry having a bit of a slump in his 2nd season. He's gonna be keyed in on.

You'll know more about Sanders in a day or two, but I'd play him. Washington blows.

I started CEH and David Johnson at RB (that worked out well) and have DJ Moore and Hilton at WR. Other flex options are Boyd, DJax, and Antonio Gibson. I narrowed my flex down to Sanders and Terry from that group.

I would very much take a look at James Robinson. He's definitely worth dropping your worst player for, as he could wind up being your 5th or 6th best player.

In my main league I dropped Chris Thompson and picked up James Robinson just as soon as I'd heard Robinson had been named the starter, and I got a text just a few minutes later from another player in the league letting me know that I'd just beaten him to the punch. I know Thompson will get more passing targets than Robinson, but in this case the upside outweighs the downside. :)

Last edited:
In my main league I dropped Chris Thompson and picked up James Robinson juts as soon as I'd heard Robinson had been named the starter, and I got a text just a few minutes later from another player in the league letting me know that I'd just beaten to the punch. I know Thompson will get more passing targets than Robinson, but in this case the upside outweighs the downside. :)

I think that's a great move. No one even owns Chris Thompson in our 10 man league. And they are both about equally rostered at 42%.

I got blasted yesterday, because I grabbed a Wideout at 6th instead of an RB, and they are likely right, RBs are just more stable.... CT still needs someone to pass to him. Robinson just needs the ball handed to him. I don't see any way that CT is a worth while roster spot.. but there's always that chance that Robinson becomes a RB3 or even an RB2

Reactions: J_Dee
I think with Hopkins gone that if Will Fuller can stay healthy (HUGE if) he could be a huge breakout player this year. Such a big play threat and has always had a great connection with Watson.

👀 8 catches for 112 yards in 10 targets on opening night. He looks like he's going to get a heavy workload from Watson this year and was one of the few bright spots for them Thursday night.

I canceled all sports this year, except golf if they go all in on being woke, they will be canceld as well.
119183052_350551179691783_7496007938062007976_n.jpg

I'm really excited for football tomorrow. On Thursday in my main league my opponent scored 15.6 from Tyreek Hill and nobody on my team played, and in my second league my opponent scored 15 from Tyreek Hill and nobody on my team played. Both my opponents have Mike Evans too, who will probably play, but might not.

I'm so excited for Joe Burrow that I want to throw reason out the window and start him over Prescott. XD

Great, Miles Sanders is out. Not even the first Sunday and a top3 pick is already out.

JK Dobbins, Lindsay, or James Robinson in his place? Im thinking I almost HAVE to go with Robinson.. seems the best chance for a blow up game.

Great, Miles Sanders is out. Not even the first Sunday and a top3 pick is already out.

JK Dobbins, Lindsay, or James Robinson in his place? Im thinking I almost HAVE to go with Robinson.. seems the best chance for a blow up game.

If Scott is on your waivers I’d go after him over all of those options. Otherwise I’d ride with Robinson

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Mahomes
Derrick Henry and Gurley
Tyreke Hill (whoops) and Keenan Allen
Gronk
Pittsburgh
Justin Tucker
Flex is Jamison Crowder for now.

That fancy new RB on the Chiefs is going to take some points from Hill, who I shouldn’t have drafted in the first place.

Still got a little work to do, but I like my team.

If Scott is on your waivers I’d go after him over all of those options. Otherwise I’d ride with Robinson

Forgot to submit.. but yeah I was gonna mention that about 30 minutes after that post, I grabbed Scott. And I agree.. I like his chances against Washington slightly better than Robinson against Colts.

Mahomes
Derrick Henry and Gurley
Tyreke Hill (whoops) and Keenan Allen
Gronk
Pittsburgh
Justin Tucker
Flex is Jamison Crowder for now.

That fancy new RB on the Chiefs is going to take some points from Hill, who I shouldn’t have drafted in the first place.

Still got a little work to do, but I like my team.

The Crowder pick is tricky.. for starters, the Jets might be the worst at WR talent in the last decade. We haven't had a stud receiver since Keyshawn Johnson. This year isn't much different. Mims is injured now too.

So, yes Crowder is going to get a lot of looks.. but he's not a #1. And with the only other guy being Perriman.. opposing defenses are going to make Jamison work for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't flex Jamison tomorrow. Too many unknowns with the Jets at the moment. And they play the Bills. Who else you got?

Reactions: funKYcat75
The Crowder pick is tricky.. for starters, the Jets might be the worst at WR talent in the last decade. We haven't had a stuf receiver since Keyshawn Johnson. This year isn't much different. Mims is injured now too.

So, yes Crowder is going to get a lot of looks.. but he's not a #1. And with the only other guy being Perriman.. opposing defenses are going to make Jamison work for it.

Honestly, I wouldn't flex Jamison tomorrow. Too many unknowns with the Jets at the moment. And they play the Bills. Who else you got?
Justin Jefferson, Fitzgerald, and I just picked up Boston Scott who might be RB1 tomorrow but still might not do much.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Justin Jefferson, Fitzgerald, and I just picked up Boston Scott who might be RB1 tomorrow but still might not do much.

Scott all day. I wouldn't even blink on that. He's a RB, for sure starting tomorrow and actually has a decent receiving ability. RBs are still a safer bet than a WR. Plus his opponent is Washington, not Buffalo. Yahoo has Crowder getting like 9.8 points.. and Scott getting like 11.

And FWIW.. I have both, and Scott will be getting the nod over Crowder for sure. (Although I may still flex Robinson last minute).

Reactions: funKYcat75
Just a few minutes until kickoff! Watching opening day alone is weird, but whatever. I'm just glad football's back. :)

Reactions: Ed323232
Jets without their top two RBs, their top WR, their top 2 LBs.

Most injured team last year.. looking to be repeat Champs in that area.

Jets without their top two RBs, their top WR, their top 2 LBs.

Most injured team last year.. looking to be repeat Champs in that area.

LOL most injured team last year was without question the Eagles, and they’re also well on their way to a repeat.

LOL most injured team last year was without question the Eagles, and they’re also well on their way to a repeat.

Think again. Jets had 15 players on IR and literally covered every single position. And the combined salaries of those players was a league high $61,000,000. Some other stats below.

Further, Raegor came back. And Sanders was likely just held out for Week 1. They certainly don't have a great injury report.. but the Jets are also without Mims, Bell, Cashman, Avery, Mosley, Perine. Their injury report listed almost double the players as Philly.

UPDATE: Was right on Sanders, and Jets were without Crowder now, too. You look at that Jets team and it's bad all around. But when you're top2 RBs and top2 Wideouts are gone.. not much you can do.

Last edited:
Unless Brees drops like 30pts on me tonight, I'll have squeaked by, somehow, despite Michal Thomas and Will Fuller being out for me.

Lot of big injuries in week 2. Teams that drafted Barkley and CMC are probably done-zo. The guy that drafted Barkley in the 1st round, took two QBs in the following rounds.

giphy.gif

Scrapped our big money league ($1200 1st place)
Kept our family league with 3 sons and friends.

(1-1) Lost to the "Dummy" team week 1. had 9 teams so we made a 10th team as the Lamont Sanford's (Big Dummy)

Mahomes
Zeke
Mostert
D. Hop
Gallup
Higbee (almost dropped before week 2)
K. Allen (Chargers)
San Fran D
Zuerlein (K)

D. Jackson (WR)
Taylor (RB Colts) About to be starter
Mixon (Benched)
Beckham (Can't bring myself to start)
D. Johnson (WR Steelers)
C. Kirk (WR Cardinals)
D. Slayton (WR Giants)

Gallup gong to the bench, Mostert injured. So placing Taylor in for Mostert and benching Gallup for whoever has the best matchup for the week.

There's been a lot of injuries but I haven't heard dick about the election infection with the nfl. Maybe they smartened up and stopped testing

Dilemma, and an overall general strategy question:

My team already is looking likely to win this week (hopefully some of you grabbed James Robinson).. i picked up Gage, a top WR waiver pickup.. i also have Fuller, who *appears* healthy. Who should I play?

I ask because a guy like Fuller has a higher ceiling than Gage, but he has a very decent risk of sitting because he's often injured (happened last week, in fact). So if you're looking like you will win.. do you take guy like Gage, knowing he should get you a decent-but-not-great game.. as opposed to risking the chance of a total bust like Fuller?

Good, I don't have either team's players on my roster. It will be a total mess if they postpone that game. When they post pone games in Fantasy Basketball it really bones a few people that week.. but when they do it in football you're talking the difference between playoffs or not.

Thankfully it only got postponed a day or two so it won't affect fantasy.

If it's played on Tuesday, I think it'll just be the third time an NFL game's ever been played on a Tuesday.

Thankfully it only got postponed a day or two so it won't affect fantasy.

If it's played on Tuesday, I think it'll just be the third time an NFL game's ever been played on a Tuesday.

That's the hope. Because technically, week is over after Monday. I don't fully trust these Fantasy platforms to make timely adjustments.. but they might have to here.. this will screw every single league if not addressed somehow.

In other news, I started Gage, and rested Fuller because he's so injury prone.. only for Gage to get a concussion half way through. Ugh. 2-1.

I really need Michael Thomas back.

That's the hope. Because technically, week is over after Monday. I don't fully trust these Fantasy platforms to make timely adjustments.. but they might have to here.. this will screw every single league if not addressed somehow.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ns-game-played-week-4-two-more-positive-tests

"The Pittsburgh Steelers-Tennessee Titans game will not be played during Week 4 following two additional positive coronavirus tests among the Titans, the NFL announced Thursday."

Well crap. :/

Got a sneaky move I'm thinking of trying.

Because Denver/NE got postponed, I can still move Lindsay (or MG3) this week. I want to drop Arizona D and grab LAC D, not for tonight, but because they play Jets next week, and then Miami and Jacksonville after.

Risky to drop a RB that's finally healthy, just to get a middle of the road defense.. but it could be brilliant to grab Chargers before anyone else can come Wednesday. I just don't see Lindsay being a worthwhile starter for at least a few weeks or unless MG3 gets injured.

Thoughts? Would love some feedback on this sooner than later.

How's everyone looking?

1st place at 6-1... still no Michael Thomas.. Woofed big on Mattison and Boston Scott's first go around.. But generally made the right moves.. James Robinson has been a BEAST, grabbed Higgins, Grabbed Jamaal Williams this week..

How's everyone looking?

1st place at 6-1... still no Michael Thomas.. Woofed big on Mattison and Boston Scott's first go around.. But generally made the right moves.. James Robinson has been a BEAST, grabbed Higgins, Grabbed Jamaal Williams this week..

3-4. But my next few matchups are extremely easy.

I feel your pain on Thomas.

Untitled.png

3-4. But my next few matchups are extremely easy.

I feel your pain on Thomas.

Untitled.png

Daaaamn that's a deep league. You got some good late round talent tho.. guys like Robinson and Claypool.

Honestly my team would be effed if not for post-draft maneuvering.

I'd go grab Jamaal Williams if you can.. word is Aaron Jones isn't going to play.. but with your league being so deep, he's probably already grabbed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT