ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone attending the TBT?

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
Anyone planning to go? I saw where Louisville is outselling Kentucky right now. Whoever sells the most gets to host next round if they win their bracket.

Also can UK practice against the TBT team? Was that confirmed?

Someone need to show what TBT actually means. Fans dont usually watch teams play in the summer. People go on vacation during this time of year.

Reactions: Chuckinden
I don't really get what the draw is. What are the attendance numbers like for these things?
The draw is that it's fun to watch basketball, and particularly fun to watch former players from different eras coming together to play the alumni of other programs.

You may not be into it, but you've established that your appreciation of anything outside of a very narrow space means that much to you when it comes to Kentucky alumni.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk and UK90
Anyone planning to go? I saw where Louisville is outselling Kentucky right now. Whoever sells the most gets to host next round if they win their bracket.

It's strange to me that the payout for these events is still $1 million dollars. You'd think that with inflation, and given the TV sponsorship, they'd start making the winnings a bit more.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It's strange to me that the payout for these events is still $1 million dollars. You'd think that with inflation, and given the TV sponsorship, they'd start making the winnings a bit more.
When you look at the amount of people involved:

11 players
5 coaches
1 GM
3 support staff

It's not that much money at the end of the day...all about pride and still playing competitively I'm sure.

And don't forget to buy your $32 t-shirt

https://tbtstore.thetournament.com/products/159318883

The draw is that it's fun to watch basketball, and particularly fun to watch former players from different eras coming together to play the alumni of other programs.

You may not be into it, but you've established that your appreciation of anything outside of a very narrow space means much to you when it comes to Kentucky alumni.
Outside of that, what size crowds do they draw?

I considered it, but tickets were like $47. Nah. I did get a link for discounted tickets through UK alumni association, maybe I’ll click on it.

This thing should be $20 max

Will obviously be supporting our guys but it is really weird that the team is called La Familia and will be coached by Ulis who is going to work for Calipari when it is over.

This thing has Cal all over it and that is my guess why attendance may be down. BBN is beyond fatigued by Cal at this point....these are his guys, even if they went to UK. Just weird timing imo.

I've never got into it ... but this is really the first time UK has had a roster like this. Teams from the prime Cal years. I'll for sure watch.

I plan on going and waiting till closer to the games to get cheaper tickets.

I like watching basketball though.

I've went to random HS games when out of town for work before.

Will obviously be supporting our guys but it is really weird that the team is called La Familia and will be coached by Ulis who is going to work for Calipari when it is over.

This thing has Cal all over it and that is my guess why attendance may be down. BBN is beyond fatigued by Cal at this point....these are his guys, even if they went to UK. Just weird timing imoscreens hot.

Well, any other UK coaches guys are ancient now so it was a given they were gonna be from the calipari tenure most likely.

I've never got into it ... but this is really the first time UK has had a roster like this. Teams from the prime Cal years. I'll for sure watch.
I think UK has only participated once before and the roster wasn't great.

The key is, now these guys are out of the NBA after a cup of coffee or two (or longer, in WCS and Bledsoe's case), so the roster is LOADED relative to other alum rosters. I mean, look at it - Harrison twins, Teague, Lamb, Cauley-Stein, Orton, Travis Reid, Sestina, Darius Miller, Bledsoe .... what's not to love here?

UK has always been disadvantaged in this tourney due to so many guys being in the NBA. Rosters were limited to guys like Perry Stevenson (ahem, no disrespect, thanks for the historic dunk against UNLV at Memorial ....) and Ramon Harris.

I think UK has only participated once before and the roster wasn't great.

The key is, now these guys are out of the NBA after a cup of coffee or two (or longer, in WCS and Bledsoe's case), so the roster is LOADED relative to other alum rosters. I mean, look at it - Harrison twins, Teague, Lamb, Cauley-Stein, Orton, Travis Reid, Sestina, Darius Miller, Bledsoe .... what's not to love here?

UK has always been disadvantaged in this tourney due to so many guys being in the NBA. Rosters were limited to guys like Perry Stevenson (ahem, no disrespect, thanks for the historic dunk against UNLV at Memorial ....) and Ramon Harris.
Reid Travis lol two first names.

Listening to the Leach Report and Tucker just said UK will scrimmage the TBT team. He was unsure as was Tom whether the game will be televised.

I'm going. If it were a charity game, maybe not, but guys will be playing to win. A team of UK favorites playing hard to win, in Rupp with crowd support...it will be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT