ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watching aTm on ESPN ?

BlueCephus

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2023
I thought I'd take a look ats them since they are ranked # 12. Lots of size from what I see. Just tuned in.

I think they returned almost everyone. They’re going to be a handful and we have to play them at their place. That’s one of the ones i counted as a loss when i looked at the schedule.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401581334

Texas AM did in last year's NCAA tournament.
Which is par for the course for Williams.
Terribly overrated.
The new Andy Kennedy or Mark Fox.
In 9 seasons, he's won 2 Tournament games.

But some people say he's good because he's a a loud mouth that has to always argue to get in the tourney to begin with.

Oh, I thought you meant today. Well I just started a thread to see if anyone was watching the game today. I wouldn't want him at UK nor would he ever even get a sniff.

And the opponents have improved greatly. Texas A&M? They are good.
Who cares who the opponent is and if they have improved, we used to go into every game believing we would win, now we worry about getting beat. You think Duke or Kansas go into a game thinking they may lose?

Give me a break. Newflash: Teams lose road games. I simply said I hope they are rankd high when we go in there. We lost at Tennessee, routinely, with our best teams so run along with that attitude.
First of all I was not specifically talking about you, I was talking about the UK fan psychic now versus in the past.

Who cares who the opponent is and if they have improved, we used to go into every game believing we would win, now we worry about getting beat. You think Duke or Kansas go into a game thinking they may lose?
Well, I know that occasionally, they leave games after losing.

It doesn’t bother me at all going into a game thinking we may lose. That’s why you play the game. I’m not thrilled about going into a game against a mid-major thinking that’s a loss barring a miracle, not even if it is a road game.

But you take what you can get. I’ve seen more non-gimmick, real college basketball good signs this season than I have from a Cal team in a long time and that’s good enough for me for now.

Plus things will really start to hum for us if we do win that one. You take the good with the bad. Buzz Williams is legit.

Reactions: Midway Cat
That game will be huge, hope we can pull it out. Won’t be easy. Kinda reminds me of going into Texas Tech a couple years ago.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401581334

Texas AM did in last year's NCAA tournament.
Which is par for the course for Williams.
Terribly overrated.
The new Andy Kennedy or Mark Fox.
In 9 seasons, he's won 2 Tournament games.

But some people say he's good because he's a a loud mouth that has to always argue to get in the tourney to begin with.
Well I like him because he reminds me of Curly from the three stooges . It’s a sentimental thing.

Yes

Yes, they will be a handful. Very physical and big, they look like grown men compared to our baby faced freshmen. We play down there as well, as Cal says..."it will be a hard game."

Imagine going Into a game thinking we may lose. How far has this Program fallen?
Imagine thinking we're immortal and will never face adversity. How arrogant has the fan base gotten? I still go into every game thinking we have a chance to win. Even KU (even though I knew it was going to be a long shot).

All teams lose games. All teams especially lose road games. Rupp did. Hall did. Tubby did. And SHOCKER! So did Rick.

This isn't your daddy's or grandaddy's SEC. More than UK, Arky, UT/UF are good. Especially on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKTOPDOG
Imagine thinking we're immortal and will never face adversity. How arrogant has the fan base gotten?

All teams lose games. All teams especially lose road games. Rupp did. Hall did. Tubby did. And SHOCKER! So did Rick.

This isn't your daddy's or grandaddy's SEC. More than UK, Arky, UT/UF are good. Especially on the road.
Considering I am 68 it was my SEC and we never expected to lose. Also the players are better now but in the 80s and early 2000s wr had LSU, Arkansas. Florida and Kentucky were pretty good. That was 40% of the SEC teams then, now 40% is about 6 teams. On average SEC does not have 6 quality teams.

Considering I am 68 it was my SEC and we never expected to lose. Also the players are better now but in the 80s and early 2000s wr had LSU, Arkansas. Florida and Kentucky were pretty good. That was 40% of the SEC teams then, now 40% is about 6 teams. On average SEC does not have 6 quality teams.
They do now.

UK, UT, Bama, TAMU, AR, AU, Texas, OU, Ole Miss will be good with Beard

This is not a weak conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKTOPDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT