ADVERTISEMENT

Any win at crappy Odom, is good

fla.cat

Junior
May 23, 2002
Having attended over 30 games of Uk vs UF at the Odom, a pitiful venue may I add, it is next to Vandy the absolute toughest place to secure a win. We have gone in there favorites many times. Limped out with a loss, with great teams. The experts know how tough it is to play there, and ESPN and Vegas picked us to lose today.
I am thankful for A GREAT win, that will pay dividends during selection in March.
We out scored them by 50 in the second half when it counted on an opponents floor…..that is awesome.

Having attended over 30 games of Uk vs UF at the Odom, a pitiful venue may I add, it is next to Vandy the absolute toughest place to secure a win. We have gone in there favorites many times. Limped out with a loss, with great teams. The experts know how tough it is to play there, and ESPN and Vegas picked us to lose today.
I am thankful for A GREAT win, that will pay dividends during selection in March.
We out scored them by 50 in the second half when it counted on an opponents floor…..that is awesome.
A win is a win baby, especially on the road in conference.

Reactions: docholiday51
well said, I concur.

Very well done.

I hope to see more enjoyable road wins at tough venues. Miserable gym is, indeed, right up there. Historically, Tennessee and Vandy have been the most difficult road venues to win at for Kentucky. Florida is another nightmarish place. I'm always very happy to see our boys come away from those places with wins.

Reactions: michaeluk26
O dome is a tough place to play. Gators are a good well coached team. This team is growing up.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Outscored Flurida by 50?

That means UK was either down an whole bunch or UK should have blown them out.

Maybe you meant we put 50 up in the second half vs the 37 in the first half.

Outscored them by 50 in the second half?
IMG-7972.jpg

O-Dome puts the fans right on top of the players. That place has to feel like the basketball version of claustrophobia. I feel like there should be some regulation against it. The two places that I would imagine are just miserable places to play when it comes to the home crowd are the ODome and Assembly Hall, or at least places UK has played in frequently.

oconnell_2014_contrib.png

Now that's how you do a student section. They have one entire side of the court (not to mention several other areas). That is substantially better than putting students on just one end of the court. Could do it one better and be like Duke, which has big student sections on at least one sideline AND behind a basket.

Any road win in conf play is great. You’re not supposed to win road games very often. They’re hard. Think about it. How often do we think a road team will beat us Rupp? Almost never!

Sports are simple some times. If you defend your home court and win a road game here and there. You will have a good season.

Big win for the Cats, an uphill battle all day long. Now we go home and take advantage of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT