ADVERTISEMENT

any ul fans still posting over here?

hmt5000

All-American
Aug 29, 2009
just curious if your teams drop into anonymity has caused you to retreat back to your homeboard instead of coming over here and telling us about preparing players for the nfl and competing for national titles? you had a rough couple years after a really good run. how long is this rebuild gonna take? 2 years... or are we looking at a 4 to 5 year rebuild?

now that you are in a p5 conference... do you really think you can rebuild? are you destined for a sub-nc-state level of achievement?

thank you in advance for your response.

Well, I'm still here but I have been here since 2001. :D

IRT your questions I think next year will have an impact on the rebuild time. Do surprisingly well (maybe 6 wins :eek:) and it might knock a year or 2 off the traditional 5 year bottom up rebuild time. I'm tickled to death to be in a P5 conference. The Cards were 8 and 9 game winners in their first 4 years of ACC play and I see no reason they cannot get back to that mark. But, since joining the ACC, in addition to UK, they have been playing other decent to great P5 schools in their 4 OOC games (e.g., AU, ND, PU, AL), ND is a "semi-regular" opponent; IU and MS are on near future schedules.

Peace

IRT your questions I think next year will have an impact on the rebuild time. Do surprisingly well (maybe 6 wins :eek:) and it might knock a year or 2 off the traditional 5 year bottom up rebuild time. I'm tickled to death to be in a P5 conference. The Cards were 8 and 9 game winners in their first 4 years of ACC play and I see no reason they cannot get back to that mark. But, since joining the ACC, in addition to UK, they have been playing other decent to great P5 schools in their 4 OOC games (e.g., AU, ND, PU, AL), ND is a "semi-regular" opponent; IU and MS are on near future schedules.

Peace
how about that "preparing kids for the nfl"? did that just stop or did it have to do with not taking questionable athletes with extreme talent? how did that run drop off the cliff?

I wonder if most UK fans think the record last year is demonstrative of the lack of talent or whether there is more talent than was shown.

I fall in the second camp. I think Bama rocked a team that thought it was competitive and Petrino lost them. I think they have some talent at spots I would want. My guess, as stated before, is they will be competitive on offense. We expect TW to improve. They also had a first year starter at QB who shows flashes, but was a mess at times. Remembering Petrino was his coach, I suspect him to be much better. I like their skill positions. Not sure about their line. Defense has some holes (Petrino’s legacy).

I do not predict a bowl, but 4-5 wins and some close losses would not surprise me.

Reactions: UKspecial38
I think Louisville had plenty of talent last year.Alabama rocked them, but the FSU Game took out their heart....then it turned into a spiral. It seemed a out halfway through it was wait till next year....somewhere....from the players.

This is similar to what happened the last time BP left ...so we wait and see. I like Satterfield and his attitude.
I think Louisville will be a team we don't really want to play in three years.

I think UL was able to build up their program by playing in awful mid major conferences. They had some good players on D because of Charlie Strong's reputation but as soon as those guys graduated and Lamar left we see what they were left with. Not much. And I think reality is hitting them in the face now that they have to play P5 teams week in and week out. UL is finding out life in a P5 conference is not as easy as beating up on the UConn, Temple and Army's of college football every week.

The only time I saw more than bits and pieces of a University Six game last year was the game against us. It looked like the S&C program had either decided to take the year off, or experimented with a high carb, low protein diet. I don't think the Bama game did anything to them except to show that they were a really bad football team. They struggled (and probably should have lost) to a bad WKU team, and for three quarters struggled with Indiana St before pulling away. Bobby Neckbrace's stupidity probably cost them the Free Shoes U game, but Free Shoes was an equally bad team at that point. Honestly, I think it's a really bad roster. I also believe that Bear Brohm took a long look at that roster and game film and decided he wasn't touching that job no matter what. IMO Satterthorpe can turn it around, but they are going to have to be really patient.

I think Petrino is a great offensive mind, but his character or lack seems to carry over to his team's. I really can't remember what happened the first time he left Louisville, but didn't they fall off? It certainly did at Arkansas and the ending of his 2nd run at UofL has left them as one of the worst programs in P5. When he left the Falcons player interviews were not kind to him.

So I think much of the problem UofL is facing is his inability to recruit. They are in the same boat as Army was who hired a successful P5 coach who couldn't right the ship. Comparing the 2, Arky is still trying to rebuild, mend broken relationships with HS and it's been what 6 years? Louisville is facing the dame process, but they only have I power in their division, unlike Arky who was looking at 4 teams in their division that were in playoff contention every year. They can beat their 2-3 cupcakes per year, beat 4-5 of their conference foes, qualify for a Bowl and not look awful, but the reality is they won't be very good. ACC is a 1 team conference right now and that will help Louisville not look as bad as they really are.

I think Petrino is a great offensive mind, but his character or lack seems to carry over to his team's. I really can't remember what happened the first time he left Louisville, but didn't they fall off? It certainly did at Arkansas and the ending of his 2nd run at UofL has left them as one of the worst programs in P5. When he left the Falcons player interviews were not kind to him.

So I think much of the problem UofL is facing is his inability to recruit. They are in the same boat as Army was who hired a successful P5 coach who couldn't right the ship. Comparing the 2, Arky is still trying to rebuild, mend broken relationships with HS and it's been what 6 years? Louisville is facing the dame process, but they only have I power in their division, unlike Arky who was looking at 4 teams in their division that were in playoff contention every year. They can beat their 2-3 cupcakes per year, beat 4-5 of their conference foes, qualify for a Bowl and not look awful, but the reality is they won't be very good. ACC is a 1 team conference right now and that will help Louisville not look as bad as they really are.

Bobby Neckbrace was an excellent offensive football mind. Beyond that, he proved repeatedly that he was a pathologically lying, ethically challenged sack of dung who while adept at taking rosters with good talent and winning, had zero management skills of his own when it came to maintaining a roster and staff, and was in general just an ass hat of a human being that no one wanted to work for and has left every single program he's coached at (with the exception of WKU where he wasn't there long enough to scope out the volleyball team for future personal "assistants") in far worse shape then it was when he started. Under normal circumstances, Neckbrace would have rode Lamar Jackson's coat tails out of town, but but obviously no one except University Six under Turtleneck's guidance was the only place who would touch him. What happened to University Six last year was the result of that, and Scott Satterthorpe has his work cut out for him.

Grumpy if I remember correctly Kragthorpe followed petrino and between being kicked off the team for legal issues and just leaving because of the writing on the wall plus normal graduation UL lost something like 40 players in the transition. Of course that set the table for stupid UL fans to blame Kragthorpe for all failures UL despite the reputation of Pretrino.

bobby petrino hasn't had a good team after 4 yrs of being in one place ever. his 1st stint a u6 he left before yr 4 began, what happened that team had more problems than a trig math book. and they all blamed kragethorp. next up ark, he left before the 4 yr started, what happened, well the carbon copy of u6. and they are still trying to recover fully. now here we are at yr 4 back at u6, and lookie lookie here we are again the same as all the others. now he may be a good offensive coordinator. but that's it, don't give me this crap how great of a head coach he is. every place he landed he was helped a lot by players the previous coach had left in place, then when time for his classes to show up bingo no show

bobby petrino hasn't had a good team after 4 yrs of being in one place ever. his 1st stint a u6 he left before yr 4 began, what happened that team had more problems than a trig math book. and they all blamed kragethorp. next up ark, he left before the 4 yr started, what happened, well the carbon copy of u6. and they are still trying to recover fully. now here we are at yr 4 back at u6, and lookie lookie here we are again the same as all the others. now he may be a good offensive coordinator. but that's it, don't give me this crap how great of a head coach he is. every place he landed he was helped a lot by players the previous coach had left in place, then when time for his classes to show up bingo no show
Well stated but heck you had history on your side! LOL

Reactions: WildcatStu1

Peace
Let me ask you an honest question. Do you seriously believe UL has a realistic chance to win 6 football games in 2019 with the roster that is left? In 2018, you won 2 games. After that, there was an exodus. I realize it is just an ACC schedule, but I realistically see 3-4 wins in your 2019 schedule. Maybe.

Reactions: ShoesSwayedBlue
I think Louisville had plenty of talent last year.Alabama rocked them, but the FSU Game took out their heart....then it turned into a spiral. It seemed a out halfway through it was wait till next year....somewhere....from the players.

This is similar to what happened the last time BP left ...so we wait and see. I like Satterfield and his attitude.
As long as Stoops remains here, UL from this point forward, will be no problem. Their recruiting absolutely sucks right now and they had a ton of transfers.

Key words in your prediction - “in 3 years”. 3 years are a long time. The Satterfield hire is interesting. I am sure Satterfield made a great impression during his interview. He is young, and he has a clean record whereas Petrino represented the opposite proposition in every way. But Satterfield is a gamble as an ACC hire by a school accustomed to bowls. This was a case of a new athletics director on a learning curve, finding his own way. The biggest advantage Satterfield has is that Vince Tyra’s eventually fate in Louisville is linked to Satterfield’s success or failure. That should make Tyra more patient, but it will not be easy when UL’s fans start booing and griping relentlessly. I see 3 or 4 wins in 2019, and I don’t see anything happening so far to suggest Satterfield can recruit at this level. In my mind, that casts doubt on 2020 and 2021. By contrast, Mark Stoops was a strong recruiter from the day he arrived in Lexington. So I am not 100% convinced Satterfield will last 3 years in Louisville. IMO, the chances of that are 50-50. By then, the pressure will be excruciating. They have not forgotten Ron Cooper and Steve Kragthorpe there. That’s how fast it goes bad.

Grumpy if I remember correctly Kragthorpe followed petrino and between being kicked off the team for legal issues and just leaving because of the writing on the wall plus normal graduation UL lost something like 40 players in the transition. Of course that set the table for stupid UL fans to blame Kragthorpe for all failures UL despite the reputation of Pretrino.

Thanks, I we don't play them very often and I wasn't sure who followed and what the results were but I thought they fell off.

As best I can come up with info, he was hated my every member of the Falcon organization. He would meet someone in the hallway and wouldn't acknowledge they were even there. Leaving like a thief in the middle of the night may have been a smart move. Otherwise that neckbrace would look minor to what the Falcons would have
done to him.

But like I said playing a weak conference schedule with a couple cupcakes will help their record, but won't make them better.

This is a side note, only connection is unethical coaches. But Art Briles was hired by a Texas HS to coach football. I think every man, or woman deserves and has a right to make a living, but I think a line has to be drawn somewhere and Art Briles doesn't need to be involved with HS kids.

about the talent question on UL's current team....I follow them pretty closely being from Louisville... and they have some legit players that would start for us. BUT that doesn't include much on the LOS. they have one Olineman(Beckom?) that would start for us. maybe one other but by no means a given. on the Dline maybe one of them would crack the second string . but the rest would be in our third unit at best. and there depth sucks as well.
their top 3 WR's( tutu, Fitz, and another state who's name escapes me while we recruited hard) are all very talented and would be our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th bestreceivers. the RB Hassan is good too but is pretty small and I'd still take Rose and Smoke at this point. they have a couple decent LB's but ours are better. bad depth and well. they have a very good corner and safety that were 4 star guys from Florida and still young.

overall the LOS (especially on D) is a huge gap and may be for quite a while.

Wildcard...how did I do?

UL was so bad last year I don't think they could've stayed on the field with Joker's teams.

I suspect him to be much better. I like their skill positions. Not sure about their line. Defense has some holes (Petrino’s legacy).

It will take years to build both lines into respectable units.

ACC is a 1 team conference right now and that will help Louisville not look as bad as they really are.

True, in comparison to the SEC, and Big Ten, but Card fans are used to “comeback” seasons in the old C-USA and Big East. Teams like Virginia, BC, Pitt, Va. Tech and NC State might struggle to a 3-5 or 4-4 outcome in the SEC, but are far more formidable than the paper tigers the Cards built gaudy records against from 2000-2015.

I think Satterfield can get it done, but 9 win seasons are not 3 years away: maybe in 5 seasons he can get ‘em there.

about the talent question on UL's current team....I follow them pretty closely being from Louisville... and they have some legit players that would start for us. BUT that doesn't include much on the LOS. they have one Olineman(Beckom?) that would start for us. maybe one other but by no means a given. on the Dline maybe one of them would crack the second string . but the rest would be in our third unit at best. and there depth sucks as well.
their top 3 WR's( tutu, Fitz, and another state who's name escapes me while we recruited hard) are all very talented and would be our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th bestreceivers. the RB Hassan is good too but is pretty small and I'd still take Rose and Smoke at this point. they have a couple decent LB's but ours are better. bad depth and well. they have a very good corner and safety that were 4 star guys from Florida and still young.

overall the LOS (especially on D) is a huge gap and may be for quite a while.

Wildcard...how did I do?
Not speaking for Wildcard but you did okay Pike. The team is a mystery and there are definitely gaps. How's this for a head-scratcher. Athlon named 6 Cards to the preseason All ACC Team.

Offense: Mekhi Becton, Cole Bentley, Dez Fitzpatrick, Hassan Hall
Defense: Rodjay Burns, Dorian Etheridge

Some interesting commentary. I'll try to respond to some things...

how about that "preparing kids for the nfl"? did that just stop or did it have to do with not taking questionable athletes with extreme talent? how did that run drop off the cliff?
Not really sure what you are asking??? Yes, ex-CCS brought in some good players that were not HS super recruits. But all of his time here was before the ACC step up. Ex-CBP's recruiting history has always featured offense (especially QB and WR) over defense. The 6 win drop off from 2017 to 2018 was puzzling.

I wonder if most UK fans think the record last year is demonstrative of the lack of talent or whether there is more talent than was shown.

I fall in the second camp. I think Bama rocked a team that thought it was competitive and Petrino lost them. I think they have some talent at spots I would want. My guess, as stated before, is they will be competitive on offense. We expect TW to improve. They also had a first year starter at QB who shows flashes, but was a mess at times. Remembering Petrino was his coach, I suspect him to be much better. I like their skill positions. Not sure about their line. Defense has some holes (Petrino’s legacy).

I do not predict a bowl, but 4-5 wins and some close losses would not surprise me.
Another one of those many, many times when you and I are on the same page. [laughing]

You have hit on what I believe is the 64 whatever dollar question about the 2019 Cardinal team. I'm not really into recruiting rankings other than in the most general sense. It is fairly easy to see the top 15 or 20 (usually the same teams every year) but after that it gets kinda dicey. One 4* player may separate a high 20 from a high 30 class ranking. Looking at Rivals Rankings between 2015 and 2018 the UK recruiting classes averaged #30. UofL classes averaged #32. How much difference is that? FWIW, the series is 2-2 over the past 4 years. I'll wait until the season gets underway but a 6 win season would likely require wins against VA, 'Cuse and BC at home plus WF on the road. Right now I cannot say that is impossible but it is iffy.

He enjoys coming here to make a backhanded comment on UK or to tell us how bad UK's passing game really is...
No, I put that in the context of the thread discussion. But if I have misunderstood the effectiveness of the UK passing game the past 2 or 3 years, please correct me.
[winking]

Let me ask you an honest question. Do you seriously believe UL has a realistic chance to win 6 football games in 2019 with the roster that is left? In 2018, you won 2 games. After that, there was an exodus. I realize it is just an ACC schedule, but I realistically see 3-4 wins in your 2019 schedule. Maybe.
See earlier thoughts on schedule and win opportunities. Regarding transfers some almost always happen with a coaching change that brings a new style of play but bigger numbers are almost always linked to culture changes not football changes,. If I counted correctly the "exodus" is 13 players. FWIW, only 4 of those transfers have found a new home and only 2 at "big" schools (FSU and FL). In addition to those 2 there are really only 2 others that I am sorry to see leave. In total I see 1 guy that would have been a starter (LB Greenard) and maybe 3 guys that could have started or contributed significantly IF they bough in to the new culture.

And some general comments...

Thanks and comps to those that had good things to say about Satterfield. FWIW, Brohm was probably my personal #1 pick but the salary thing got totally out of hand. Brohm's new deal (thanks to UofL interest) puts him in Top 10; pretty damn good for his resumé

Satterfield is obviously taking a BIG step up from Appy State but, in the end, the game is the same everywhere...the difference is about what you have to work with. FWIW, everything I have seen/heard/read (mostly heard and read; we saw nothing in "spring" :D) Satterfield plays the game the same way Stoops does - run the ball and play great defense. Quite different from ex-CBP. We'll see how it goes.

As far as ex-CBP goes Grumpy pretty well outlined his strengths (offensive mind) and weaknesses (recruiting other than QBs and WRs). He was simply hard to get along with and basically had no personality. IOW, he was a hard guy to work for. There were some rumors about his personal life last year that may well have contributed to his apparent "lack of interest" in football last year. Nonetheless, he was probably my personal #2 pick for his second term (realistic options, not who's who in coaching) but probably paid too much at the time. It will be an interesting side note to see if and where he resurfaces in football.
Not bad work Pike, 'Hack and a few others. [cheers]

Peace

True, in comparison to the SEC, and Big Ten, but Card fans are used to “comeback” seasons in the old C-USA and Big East. Teams like Virginia, BC, Pitt, Va. Tech and NC State might struggle to a 3-5 or 4-4 outcome in the SEC, but are far more formidable than the paper tigers the Cards built gaudy records against from 2000-2015.

I think Satterfield can get it done, but 9 win seasons are not 3 years away: maybe in 5 seasons he can get ‘em there.

I don't know much about Satterfield, but I don't think his road to recovery is near as difficult as Stoops faced and he got 10 wins in 6 years. Louisville has a recent Heisman winner, won 9-10 games recently, has the benefit of FSU trying to avoid being a disaster. I think he could field a 7-5, 8-4 type team that would be a 3-4 win team in either division of the SEC right now. The West has 3, maybe 4 teams with a reasonable shot at winning the West, not favotites, but 25% chance, and the East has near the same, less than 5% anyone wins Louisville's division other than Clemson. Just my opinion, not absolute facts.

Just my opinion, not absolute facts.

Prognostication is never easy nor set in stone.

My longer timeline for Satterfield is based upon the fact that Louisville over 4 of the last 5 recruiting cycles has averaged around 32nd; the ‘19 Class ended up in the 80’s; since NSD, they’ve lost some good kids in the exodus; and a little begrudging respect for the ACC, which I believe is consistently the second or third toughest conference in the land.

Virginia spanked South Carolina in the Belk Bowl, 28-0.

The ACC is top heavy with Clemson, but I just think Card fans are setting themselves up for a hard fall if they think 9 win seasons are coming back in three years. As WildCard has pointed out, Louisville’s schedule has and will include some quality OOC foes, including Notre Dame.

Kentucky is on a run, that looks legit. U of L plays Clemson every year. Virginia is building, and has at least a two year head-start.

I’m just saying that if 9-4 was the best they’ve pitched in P5 competition with a Heisman winner and with Kentucky down a notch, I have a hard time seeing 9-4 for at least a full cycle/4-5 years.

Louisville has never won 10 games, including their bowl, since moving to P5 football.
I haven't paid close attention them honestly. I thought they had a 10 win season under Strong but then I am not sure if they were P5 under him, even now they are not very interesting.

I don't think they will be world beaters or better than UK, I just think their path to a 9 or 10 win season is much easier than Stoops was when he came to UK. You have to remember how bowl games go. Maybe not you, but several here said the aftermath of the UGA game cost UK the UT game. Disappointment happens, I certainly don't think the better team won the UT/UK game. Carolina played Clemson better than anyone other than A&M, I am sure that lingered over to the bowl game. We were disappointed in losing to Bama and missing the playoffs , didn't play our best in our bowl, plus our AA DB and frosh AA NT were out.

Bowl games have always been determined by which team shows up wanting to win and now by who decides to sit out the bowl. UF is now feeling like superman because they beat a Michigan team that had multiple players sit out their bowl game.

Reactions: The-Hack
UF is now feeling like superman because they beat a Michigan team that had multiple players sit out their bowl game.

Yeah, like 6 Michigan players sat.

Altogether, yes, Satterfield has an easier road as the ACC is not the SEC.

Still, Petrino and Lamar were pretty special from 2015-2017, and 9 wins was their ceiling, playing ACC ball.

The big seasons under Charlie, 2012 and 2013 came in the Big East, and then the American conferences. Those seasons, they played the likes of EKU, Rutgers, Temple, Cincinnati, UConn, FIU, Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, Pitt, Kentucky (twice), North Carolina (once) and capped off both seasons with bowl wins, 2012 over Miami and 2013/14 over Florida.

Last edited:

Not really sure what you are asking??? Yes, ex-CCS brought in some good players that were not HS super recruits. But all of his time here was before the ACC step up. Ex-CBP's recruiting history has always featured offense (especially QB and WR) over defense. The 6 win drop off from 2017 to 2018 was puzzling.

Another one of those many, many times when you and I are on the same page. [laughing]

You have hit on what I believe is the 64 whatever dollar question about the 2019 Cardinal team. I'm not really into recruiting rankings other than in the most general sense. It is fairly easy to see the top 15 or 20 (usually the same teams every year) but after that it gets kinda dicey. One 4* player may separate a high 20 from a high 30 class ranking. Looking at Rivals Rankings between 2015 and 2018 the UK recruiting classes averaged #30. UofL classes averaged #32. How much difference is that? FWIW, the series is 2-2 over the past 4 years. I'll wait until the season gets underway but a 6 win season would likely require wins against VA, 'Cuse and BC at home plus WF on the road. Right now I cannot say that is impossible but it is iffy.

No, I put that in the context of the thread discussion. But if I have misunderstood the effectiveness of the UK passing game the past 2 or 3 years, please correct me.
[winking]

See earlier thoughts on schedule and win opportunities. Regarding transfers some almost always happen with a coaching change that brings a new style of play but bigger numbers are almost always linked to culture changes not football changes,. If I counted correctly the "exodus" is 13 players. FWIW, only 4 of those transfers have found a new home and only 2 at "big" schools (FSU and FL). In addition to those 2 there are really only 2 others that I am sorry to see leave. In total I see 1 guy that would have been a starter (LB Greenard) and maybe 3 guys that could have started or contributed significantly IF they bough in to the new culture.

Thanks and comps to those that had good things to say about Satterfield. FWIW, Brohm was probably my personal #1 pick but the salary thing got totally out of hand. Brohm's new deal (thanks to UofL interest) puts him in Top 10; pretty damn good for his resumé

Satterfield is obviously taking a BIG step up from Appy State but, in the end, the game is the same everywhere...the difference is about what you have to work with. FWIW, everything I have seen/heard/read (mostly heard and read; we saw nothing in "spring" :D) Satterfield plays the game the same way Stoops does - run the ball and play great defense. Quite different from ex-CBP. We'll see how it goes.

As far as ex-CBP goes Grumpy pretty well outlined his strengths (offensive mind) and weaknesses (recruiting other than QBs and WRs). He was simply hard to get along with and basically had no personality. IOW, he was a hard guy to work for. There were some rumors about his personal life last year that may well have contributed to his apparent "lack of interest" in football last year. Nonetheless, he was probably my personal #2 pick for his second term (realistic options, not who's who in coaching) but probably paid too much at the time. It will be an interesting side note to see if and where he resurfaces in football.

Peace
Your hoping for wins against 3 teams that beat UofL by like 100 points combined. Petrino has shown he can coach so if your team stunk that bad I gotta believe it's a talent issue more than coaching until they show something otherwise.

Yeah, like 6 Michigan players sat.

Altogether, yes, Satterfield has an easier road as the ACC is not the SEC.

Still, Petrino and Lamar were pretty special from 2015-2017, and 9 wins was their ceiling, playing ACC ball.

The big seasons under Charlie, 2012 and 2013 came in the Big East, and then the American conferences. Those seasons, they played the likes of EKU, Rutgers, Temple, Cincinnati, UConn, FIU, Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, Pitt, Kentucky (twice), North Carolina (once) and capped off both seasons with bowl wins, 2012 over Miami and 2013/14 over Florida.

Too many years and coaches for me to keep up with.

Wasn't just 6 Mich players that sit, it was 6 of their best. They were a shell of the team that tOSU embarrassed. UF is rebuilding their OL and are desperately trying to get a couple of grad transfers, they return 1 guy with some experience. Frank's is a typical Mullen QB, big, fast and sub par passer who has to get on the edge to open the passing window. Keep him in the pocket and force him to make reads and throw into tight windows and he is a train wreck.

Reactions: The-Hack
I don't know how well Satterfield does... Don't really care...
BUT.... hard to compare the future with the past because Pitrino sure seems to have thrown in the towel last year. I'd think the new and improved UofL Athletics Dept. and Pitrino just didn't mesh but don't know? A new Sheriff in town!

There might be some booing of Satterfield but it'll be hard to hear... If they don't win but 3-4 games there won't be enough people at the game to make any noise....

Pull out seats and put some polls in... be my $$$ making suggestion to generate fan support. I'm not getting that feeling, here in DCity.

I dont feel there is any chance Satterfield is still around in 5 years. It seems like he was hired to clean up the Petrino mess, recruit a roster full of decent hard working kids, purge out all the Petrino thugs and pave the way for Brohm to return in 3-4 years and assume the throne.

I dont feel there is any chance Satterfield is still around in 5 years. It seems like he was hired to clean up the Petrino mess, recruit a roster full of decent hard working kids, purge out all the Petrino thugs and pave the way for Brohm to return in 3-4 years and assume the throne.
well said... and i agree... they've paid BIG money for a coach before and will find the money to do it again.

[winking]

Peace
Wc, want context on UK's passing game? How about 17 for 23(73%) for 261 and 3 TDs in a 56-10 UK win? Remember that game?

Could be right, in 5 years Purdue will have figured out all O and no D isn't the way to gain ground in the Big How Many and will be itchy to dump Brohm.

Reactions: JDHoss
Too many years and coaches for me to keep up with.

Wasn't just 6 Mich players that sit, it was 6 of their best. They were a shell of the team that tOSU embarrassed. UF is rebuilding their OL and are desperately trying to get a couple of grad transfers, they return 1 guy with some experience. Frank's is a typical Mullen QB, big, fast and sub par passer who has to get on the edge to open the passing window. Keep him in the pocket and force him to make reads and throw into tight windows and he is a train wreck.
Your criticism of Feleipe Franks’ passing game is strange. UGA offered Feleipe a scholarship when he was a 4 star prospect out of Crawfordville, Fla. in the 2017 class. In 2018, Feleipe was a true soph working with a new coach. We took advantage of his inexperience in Coach Mullen’s system when we beat them down there. By the time Fla. beat Fla. St. in Nov. and Mich. in the Peach Bowl in Dec., Feleipe was standing in the pocket and throwing bullets. He is a big framed passer with a great arm. He only needs maturation and more familiarity with how Coach Mullen wants him to run his offense. We should see that in 2019, and I have some concerns about defending against his arm with four new DBs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT