ADVERTISEMENT

Any interest in Trevon Brazile?

Difference between Kentucky and Arkansas is our fan base. They have good fans but not as passionate as our fan base and don't travel as well. Calipari will see that too. Hell our fans have helped cheer our players on and boosted their confidence, hell, in even away games. Arkansas might have decent players but will never be Kentucky.

I don't care if he recruited this team from his couch sitting in his robe . I love how this team is put together !

I guess it depends on your perspective. Probably a 4 seed in the NCAAs.

Shooting and subsequently spacing will be an issue. I'm actually quite high on Fland and Knox too. I think they are better shooters than everyone is giving them credit for.

IMO, the ideal lineup would be Fland Davis Knox Brazile and Ivisic. My guess is that Calipari crams Wagner or Fland in at the 2 a lot. Then Thiero and Richmond get in a lot more than expected at the 3. Thiero is an ideal 4 man in today's CBB, but with Brazile and Ivisic, he will play the 3 mostly. Then Calipari will play Aidoo over Ivisic (like he did with Onyenso).

Reactions: piglet mignon
Kentucky fans are passionate about Arkansas these days.
That is why you are on our board....Well see what happens in Rupp and have fun with officials who hate cal. Nolan Richardson ain't coming back... Cal won a championship at Kentucky so did Tubby, Rick, Joe, and Rupp. Kentucky makes coaches better, I won't see you much come next year I assure you. Who is gonna teach your team to shoot 3s or play defense?

In one of my replies I said that I expect Cal to go on having #1 or #2 recruiting classes most years. After I thought a little more about that statement not really sure. Cal will get some 5 star players from his reputation of getting a lot in the pro's but will not having the Kentucky backing effect him any? Just no way of knowing till the next recruiting cycle.

If anyone thinks Cal worked to put together this team, you haven’t been paying attention. Most of these guys played for him last season. Another one just decided to stay in Fayetteville.

Cal just outbidded everyone for the most coveted portal player. I doubt he even watched film on Davis, he probably just watched who everyone else was after and assumed he would be the best get.

Aidoo, he was very familiar with from going up against UT, so I doubt he spent much time researching what kind of fit he would be.

So, you Hog fans who think Cal is working hard, do not have a clue. He takes what he can get based on his reputation of getting guys to the league.

And if you think him having some older guys now will make a difference, go back and watch the ‘23 team led by reigning NPOY Oscar Tshiebwe with six Seniors in the rotation struggle to get a 6 seed and flame out in the second round. His “we’re young” excuse he uses is just that: an excuse.

I have said it several times on here, the issue with Cal is not the players, it’s not the talent, and it’s not experience, it is the coaching.

But maybe a new job and a change of scenery will light a fire and he will be back to 2010-2015 Cal. That has to be your hope as Hog fans.

And if you guys are satisfied just making the tourney, then you’ll love Cal, because he will likely get you there most years. Here in the Bluegrass we just expect more.
At the end of the day, we don't care. It's our roster and we'll roll with it. I know you want to be right. Maybe you will be. But more than likely Cal and his Hogs have a really good year.

At the end of the day, we don't care. It's our roster and we'll roll with it. I know you want to be right. Maybe you will be. But more than likely Cal and his Hogs have a really good year.
Regular season maybe? Maybe one loss to a mid major team during season. Also ncaa and sec tournament is another story.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on your perspective. Probably a 4 seed in the NCAAs.

Shooting and subsequently spacing will be an issue. I'm actually quite high on Fland and Knox too. I think they are better shooters than everyone is giving them credit for.

IMO, the ideal lineup would be Fland Davis Knox Brazile and Ivisic. My guess is that Calipari crams Wagner or Fland in at the 2 a lot. Then Thiero and Richmond get in a lot more than expected at the 3. Thiero is an ideal 4 man in today's CBB, but with Brazile and Ivisic, he will play the 3 mostly. Then Calipari will play Aidoo over Ivisic (like he did with Onyenso).
your thinking is almost spot on with how I look at this roster .Your ideal lineup I actually posted on another board would be my best offensive lineup .

Based on recent history and your experience, i can't argue. Based on Cals history, it may be the fourth school he's taken to a Final Four.
we got cal off Memphis days, they got him off umass days. Difference is the last 4 years at UMass and Memphis Cal was a pretty good coach and wasn't so stubborn. I think its different with his last 4-5 years here being subpar with all the talent. Maybe I am wrong and he turns it around and Arkanas is a fresh start for him. I sort of doubt it. But who knows...

That’s fair, it’s always a crap shoot, Louisville’s issue is they have a bunch of me first guys that the first sign of adversity will fold. That’s what I like most about what UK has done, I think they went for guys who aren’t Elite per se’ but ideally will buy into the team first approach. I mean who knows how any of them do, that’s what makes it fun.
One thing I forgot to mention is it seems Brazile was plan d for the final spot after missing on Garrison, Demin and Hawkins. If Arkansas got one of those I'd be a little higher on them. Brazile is a fine player but not sure if he's got the same upside he did before his injury and think all the other 4s who were once rumoured with Arkansas are all better players.

Difference between Kentucky and Arkansas is our fan base. They have good fans but not as passionate as our fan base and don't travel as well. Calipari will see that too. Hell our fans have helped cheer our players on and boosted their confidence, hell, in even away games. Arkansas might have decent players but will never be Kentucky.

L
O
L

Watch the video's of Calipari's introduction at AR and Pope's introduction at UK for any that doesn't believe. Or, over the years, listen to or read neutral announcers and writers comments about fans. Or, just compare fans at neutral sight games across the country. Or, just ask someone like Pitino that has been involved first hand. Compassion and number is at the highest level.

we got cal off Memphis days, they got him off umass days. Difference is the last 4 years at UMass and Memphis Cal was a pretty good coach and wasn't so stubborn. I think its different with his last 4-5 years here being subpar with all the talent. Maybe I am wrong and he turns it around and Arkanas is a fresh start for him. I sort of doubt it. But who knows...

1 championship to 8. Cal isn't control of a team that had already had major success. Louisville has more banners than you and they are in our state. Arkansas is usually good at what sport baseball? Don't think it's football...
I LOL'd at your statement. You're just a fan, I'm just a fan. I, nor we, want to be "Like Kentucky". You weren't even born when most of those championships were won.

I respect the tradition and the program, but you're just a fan. No need to put your chest out, Nobody cares.

Watch the video's of Calipari's introduction at AR and Pope's introduction at UK for any that doesn't believe. Or, over the years, listen to or read neutral announcers and writers comments about fans. Or, just compare fans at neutral sight games across the country. Or, just ask someone like Pitino that has been involved first hand. Compassion and number is at the highest level.
Arkansas still would not have had standing room only(Like KY) for the introduction but 8000 people for Cal in the pouring rain Wednesday night on 1 days notice is nothing to sneeze at .They more than likely would have had 12-14,000 if had been on a Saturday . Kentucky fans travel better than anyone in the country there is no denying that . In the SEC the only program travels better than Arkansas would be Kentucky but compared the the rest of the SEC the Hogs represent very well . IMO even though Rupp will always be ranked at the top I would take Bud Walton for crowd intimidation .

Reactions: HamuelLJackson
I LOL'd at your statement. You're just a fan, I'm just a fan. I, nor we, want to be "Like Kentucky". You weren't even born when most of those championships were won.

I respect the tradition and the program, but you're just a fan. No need to put your chest out, Nobody cares.
I seen 3 xmore than Arkansas won. No one cares about shitty Arkansas fans on a kentucky board. You got rid of a massive money obligation for us that I thank you. Now go on to Arkansas' non populated boards and enjoy the way your fans travel outside Arkansas.

People talk because he went to Arkansas when Western Kentucky historically is a better program.

Brazille by the way was on a losing Arkansas team. He might create the same drama he did with yalls past years team and I'll laugh if he does.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I seen 3 xmore than Arkansas won. No one cares about shitty Arkansas fans on a kentucky board. You got rid of a massive money obligation for us that I thank you. Now go on to Arkansas' non populated boards and enjoy the way your fans travel outside Arkansas.

People talk because he went to Arkansas when Western Kentucky historically is a better program.

Brazille by the way was on a losing Arkansas team. He might create the same drama he did with yalls past years team and I'll laugh if he does.

EL

OH

EL

oh yeah ur that troll of a fan. You're not even worth replying too, i forgot. Your life is so miserable you have to go on rival team's message board and troll. Sucks to be you. Next year you won't be back around March time.... haha

oh yeah ur that troll of a fan. You're not even worth replying too, i forgot. Your life is so miserable you have to go on rival team's message board and troll. Sucks to be you. Next year you won't be back around March time.... haha
I've been on this board for twenty plus years. Longer than you. Formerly as JunkyardHog.

I've not trolled you one time. Stop lying.

I was on here during all of the Pelphrey years, Heath years and Mike Anderson years, so pretty sure i'll be back either way. Way to move the goal posts.

Arkansas still would not have had standing room only(Like KY) for the introduction but 8000 people for Cal in the pouring rain Wednesday night on 1 days notice is nothing to sneeze at .They more than likely would have had 12-14,000 if had been on a Saturday . Kentucky fans travel better than anyone in the country there is no denying that . In the SEC the only program travels better than Arkansas would be Kentucky but compared the the rest of the SEC the Hogs represent very well . IMO even though Rupp will always be ranked at the top I would take Bud Walton for crowd intimidation .
Yeah, our crowd intimidation not what it was when Pitino was here. Hoping we get some of that back with the new style of play and new style of running the program coming in.

Reactions: piglet mignon
I've been on this board for twenty plus years. Longer than you. Formerly as JunkyardHog.

I was on here during all of the Pelphrey years, Heath years and Mike Anderson years, so pretty sure i'll be back either way. Way to move the goal posts.
Just get out and go kiss Cal’s dumb ass.

Reactions: 9timeChampion

it’s weird bro…

It’s good that you are content with Cal. If you have low expectations, Cal will meet them and maybe surpass them. If just making the tourney is good enough for Arkansas, then this is a match made in Hog Heaven. You guys have plenty of NIL money, so Cal can buy the talent, so maybe he’ll buy you a Final Four or maybe even a title. With Cal, you need overwhelming talent to win in March. You cannot rely on his in-game coaching to carry you to victory.

Best of luck, I always thought you were a pretty good poster throughout the years. I didn’t realize it was you, at first.

It’s good that you are content with Cal. If you have low expectations, Cal will meet them and maybe surpass them. If just making the tourney is good enough for Arkansas, then this is a match made in Hog Heaven. You guys have plenty of NIL money, so Cal can buy the talent, so maybe he’ll buy you a Final Four or maybe even a title. With Cal, you need overwhelming talent to win in March. You cannot rely on his in-game coaching to carry you to victory.

Best of luck, I always thought you were a pretty good poster throughout the years. I didn’t realize it was you, at first.
Appreciate it. Ended up getting banned after 20 years for finally taking the bait. I try to post fair but when there are so many coming at you calling you a troll it gets tough.

Good luck to the Cats until we play

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT