ADVERTISEMENT

Any interest in Trevon Brazile?

Why are you so upset talking basketball? Seriously, why is having normal human interaction so hard? I’m not trying to teach you the Hog call, I’m not posting “we’re gonna beat you by a hundred” and whatever. Like I’d understand if I were trolling and being an asshole, but I’ve literally done none of that, what exactly is the issue?
I’ve been over here for 25ish years. Formerly as JYH. There are a lot of good posters over here and good people. But there are a ton that read what they want to read and create a false narrative.

Doesn’t matter if you’re here to talk hoops with a passionate fanbase. There are some that make things up based on how they want you to be. Defensive and it’s their only reply because they just can’t have a normal discussion or friendly debate.

Reactions: piglet mignon
7 of the 9 are showing on draft boards, 6 for 25, 1 for 26.

Personally, I’m not concerned with how they compare to UK Classes of the past.

We have some older guys that are proven and it will depend how they gel.

None of us knows how this is gonna play out. All we have is what’s on paper
Yeah, Cal always had two older guys here also for the last several years. As far as draft boards I could see Davis and Fland stirring some interest. If a pro team is seriously interested in any of the others, at this point, I would be surprised. Big Z is about as skilled for a guy that size you will see. But the problem with him last season was the crappy coaching he got. A good coach could really get a lot out of a guy like that. We have had numerous players like Knox and Richmond and the type of players they are, under Cal, it will be slow going for them IMO. They may surprise, but generally speaking, would not expect a whole lot from them from the consistent standpoint. They will have good games here and there is my prediction.

Yeah, Cal always had two older guys here also for the last several years. As far as draft boards I could see Davis and Fland stirring some interest. If a pro team is seriously interested in any of the others, at this point, I would be surprised. Big Z is about as skilled for a guy that size you will see. But the problem with him last season was the crappy coaching he got. A good coach could really get a lot out of a guy like that. We have had numerous players like Knox and Richmond and the type of players they are, under Cal, it will be slow going for them IMO. They may surprise, but generally speaking, would not expect a whole lot from them from the consistent standpoint. They will have good games here and there is my prediction.
That’s fair.

We have no idea where we end up. If we get to a Final Four, most will be happy

Why are you so upset talking basketball? Seriously, why is having normal human interaction so hard? I’m not trying to teach you the Hog call, I’m not posting “we’re gonna beat you by a hundred” and whatever. Like I’d understand if I were trolling and being an asshole, but I’ve literally done none of that, what exactly is the issue?
Hey guys, guys, listen to me. Did y’all hear what I said, wasn’t it funny…huh, wasn’t it? Mom…mom…mom let me tell you what I told everybody, it was so funny…

Spoiler: It’s not though…
Typical passive aggressive troll. You come here acting like a jerk and then when called out try to play the victim. Go away nobody likes you or wants you here.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
There are 26 super talented players in the NBA right now that played for Cal at Kentucky.
The season results do not match the talent level.

Arkansas’ roster would be one of the weakest of the 15 Cal had here. He built this team with leftovers from last season and arguably the weakest recruiting class in his time at UK

I realize this may seem like the greatest team in Arkansas history but you have to realize that Cal did not win with NBA all-star teams.
If this is the worst Roster Cal would have had at Kentucky what would your current roster rank ? LOL

7 of the 9 are showing on draft boards, 6 for 25, 1 for 26.

Personally, I’m not concerned with how they compare to UK Classes of the past.

We have some older guys that are proven and it will depend how they gel.

None of us knows how this is gonna play out. All we have is what’s on paper
And what's on paper looks a lot better than what Kentucky has on paper

Reactions: HamuelLJackson
Typical passive aggressive troll. You come here acting like a jerk and then when called out try to play the victim. Go away nobody likes you or wants you here.
Make it a pay board and that will solve most of the influx of Hog fans . RR owners probably likes the extra traffic

Davis was not an NBA draft pick this year and I can’t see how another season at Arkansas under Cal is going to change that. Cal recruits NBA players, he doesn’t make them.
I like Ivisic, but he is a major defensive liability and looks lost at times.
Richmond and Knox are not as good as the typical Cal Freshmen.

And what's on paper looks a lot better than what Kentucky has on paper
If Cal was still coach here I would 100% want Pope's roster for him. The number of older, experienced and tougher players is what you have to have now. I like every single player that Pope has brought in. They are all very talented and also they are all individual parts that will make a good TEAM. Everything is covered well and is a nice blend of experience and youth. And I doubt Cal has had a team that has the amount of shooters and really good offensive players like this one has. I doubt Cal has had the number of top defenders this team has on one team.

Will just have to see how it goes with learning the system and meshing the players. Cal mostly tries to get all the top 5 stars he can, regardless of position, plus a couple of transfers. Does not worry so much of recruiting to make the team the best team possible. Just gathers all the 5 stars he can and tries to make them fit the best he can.

If Cal was still coach here I would 100% want Pope's roster for him. The number of older, experienced and tougher players is what you have to have now. I like every single player that Pope has brought in. They are all very talented and also they are all individual parts that will make a good TEAM. Everything is covered well and is a nice blend of experience and youth. And I doubt Cal has had a team that has the amount of shooters and really good offensive players like this one has. I doubt Cal has had the number of top defenders this team has on one team.

Will just have to see how it goes with learning the system and meshing the players. Cal mostly tries to get all the top 5 stars he can, regardless of position, plus a couple of transfers. Does not worry so much of recruiting to make the team the best team possible. Just gathers all the 5 stars he can and tries to make them fit the best he can.
Maybe you haven't heard but Cal only signed 3 Freshman and filled out the roster with the #1 Portal class .

And Kevin Young just blew away Pope's recruiting at BYU after the big selling point was that BYU was at a disadvantage in recruiting . Maybe that wasn't so true after all .
Well, Young did get the first round foreign player and another good player. Not sure that is 'blowing away.' But it looks like he could do a real good job there.

Well, Young did get the first round foreign player and another good player. Not sure that is 'blowing away.' But it looks like he could do a real good job there.
23 class showed unranked for some reason . His 2022 class was Overall Ranked 167 , 2021 class 151 . Youngs class is ranked 54 .

Pope's current overall class is ranked 27
Cal's current overall class is ranked 3

When I have I been a jerk? I have minimally reacted to several posts like yours where you’ve been a jerk to me, but even of those Inlet the vast majority go. I haven’t gone out of my way to a jerk to anybody.

Reactions: HamuelLJackson
23 class showed unranked for some reason . His 2022 class was Overall Ranked 167 , 2021 class 151 . Youngs class is ranked 54 .

How many #1 ranked classes did he have here that he couldn't win with? His shortcomings occur between the lines and cant be quantified or ranked but makes them no less glaring and obvious. We didn't hang banners for recruiting class ranking, maybe yall will.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
I haven't witnessed anyone glossing over Duquesne. Serious question though did you hate Calipari before April?
I have hated ,been jealous of and respected Cal and his teams all the way back to his days at Memphis . I would say UMASS but at that stretch of the late 80's through mid 90's Arkansas was the winningest program in the country and even though they kicked our tails in 1995 we still went on to play for a championship .

The times Arkansas was able to beat Kentucky always made it a little more special cause Cal was the coach .
Another thing is Kentucky teams just looked different under Cal and i was envious of that cause that's what I wanted my Razorbacks to look like . Hell when Kentucky got knocked out early in the tournament the last few years that always made my day even though you knew Kentucky was the better team and sometimes crazy things happen in the tournament .

with all that said . Cal is now the Hogfather and I am ecstatic .

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
When I have I been a jerk? I have minimally reacted to several posts like yours where you’ve been a jerk to me, but even of those Inlet the vast majority go. I haven’t gone out of my way to a jerk to anybody.
I know you aren't that stupid but good job on the part 2 of trollism of playing the victim.

BYU would've been really good this year with Pope. Returning Hall, Knell, Robinson, Waterman, and Traore. With Saunders, Atiki, Baker, and Chandler coming off the bench. They were top 15 on a couple pre-season lists, which is much higher than they are now.

Kevin Young has brought in Keita (8.3 PPG at Utah), Mag (9.1 PPG at Rutgers) and Demin, the supposedly elite player from Russia. I say supposedly because we don't know how these guys translate to college. Some times you get a Furphy, who was still not elite CCB player, and sometimes you get a Buyuktuncel or Mara or Ivisic.

Look at the same headlines for top international players from a year ago:

Mara and Buyuktuncel could very well be one-and-done types. Mack is getting a ton of hype based on his play from the summer. Vide and Fibleuil are two of Europe's most highly-touted prospects for their age. (3.5-4.5-1.9-1.0 PPG respectively)

Ivisic had been mocked as a potential second round flyer before he was able to see the court for the 'Cats. (5.5 PPG)

Top international basketball prospect Motiejus Krivas has committed to Arizona. 7-foot-2 center from Lithuania is considered one of the most promising European prospects committing to the college route in the class of 2023. (5.4 PPG)

Well after saying you want to talk 'basketball', you've made many posts taking jabs at something a UK fan posts, or about how you are being treated here....then there is the ONE post about basketball.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
How many #1 ranked classes did he have here that he couldn't win with? His shortcomings occur between the lines and cant be quantified or ranked but makes them no less glaring and obvious. We didn't hang banners for recruiting class ranking, maybe yall will.
Cal WON every year except 2020/2021 season . Fortunately enough for Arkansas that wasn't good enough for Kentucky . Strange things can happen in the tournament . The last 5 years Kansas has only made it out of the first weekend once but that one time they won it all .

Cal WON every year except 2020/2021 season . Fortunately enough for Arkansas that wasn't good enough for Kentucky . Strange things can happen in the tournament . The last 5 years Kansas has only made it out of the first weekend once but that one time they won it all .
When we talk about "wins," we mean in the tournaments, bringing home hardware, and hanging banners, those are the expectations here, again, yours are understandably lower.

When we talk about "wins," we mean in the tournaments, bringing home hardware, and hanging banners, those are the expectations here, again, yours are understandably lower.
Oh i know what you meant . That's also why i pointed out Bill Self couldn't get out of the first weekend 4 out of the last 5 years but the one time he did he won a championship .

I find it so comical that Cat fans they keep pointing to the tournament as standard but hired a coach who also just got bounced in the first round by a lesser seed .

I expect Cal to continue getting his 5 stars and #1 or #2 recruiting rankings most years. Almost all those guys want to go pro after one year. Pope so far seems to put a high emphasis on shooting/scoring ability. Cal never did that here. Our three freshmen are guys that Cal would not really want but all three are high level shooters/scorers. Even though they are 4 stars I would much rather have them as a 5 star that is not fundamentally sound in terms of shooting/scoring or IQ level.

You will just have to see for yourself the next few years. Cal is different than any other coach. His priority is getting 5 stars to the pro's as quick as possible. He does not really recruit for a system, just a recruiting ranking as his priority. He does not adapt and refuses to. He will get out coached at times, even with 5-7 five stars on his roster. If he doesn't change, which I think he doesn't from what he has said, you will eventually get tired of him.

Reactions: piglet mignon
Oh i know what you meant . That's also why i pointed out Bill Self couldn't get out of the first weekend 4 out of the last 5 years but the one time he did he won a championship .

I find it so comical that Cat fans they keep pointing to the tournament as standard but hired a coach who also just got bounced in the first round by a lesser seed .
That’s why he’s your problem now, lack of performance. Good luck

3 returners Wag, Thiero, Z
3 Transfers Brazille, Davis Adoo
3 Top 25 Fresh Richmond, Fland, Knox

Just what we wanted Cal to do and what he never done at KY.
We shall see how it works out. Not sure how anyone could not see why we would not be exited about it.

I expect Cal to continue getting his 5 stars and #1 or #2 recruiting rankings most years. Almost all those guys want to go pro after one year. Pope so far seems to put a high emphasis on shooting/scoring ability. Cal never did that here. Our three freshmen are guys that Cal would not really want but all three are high level shooters/scorers. Even though they are 4 stars I would much rather have them as a 5 star that is not fundamentally sound in terms of shooting/scoring or IQ level.

You will just have to see for yourself the next few years. Cal is different than any other coach. His priority is getting 5 stars to the pro's as quick as possible. He does not really recruit for a system, just a recruiting ranking as his priority. He does not adapt and refuses to. He will get out coached at times, even with 5-7 five stars on his roster. If he doesn't change, which I think he doesn't from what he has said, you will eventually get tired of him.
He has said that model doesn't work anymore but we will have to wait and see if this year was an anomaly or he truly plans on filling out the roster every year like this . He has said recently that 5-7 frosh isn't going to work in todays college basketball and only plans on bringing in 3 every year . Like you said we will have to find out for ourselves . I appreciate you having a strong opinion without being so condescending .

It's not just a lack of tournament success. He struggles to beat good teams with a pulse as well. His record over the last few years against top 25 teams has been abysmal. We've also lost quite frequently to teams who had no business beating us, and at HOME. He's been terrible on every metric except for recruiting classes. That's all he's good at these days. But hey, at least you all might be number 1 in something for once. That's a big deal for you guys, congrats!

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT