ADVERTISEMENT

Any interest in Trevon Brazile?

Your nba projections must come from high school ratings just like Cal did for yewrs

This time last year you’d rate a Bradshaw, Ugo , Edwards, Wagner etc as all first rounder nba players with Ugo as a probable nba prospect as well….and we see how well those guys turned out in one year

Wagner….after what we saw how csn he be anymore of legit nba chance to nba then any one of hundreds of 6’2 guards in college?

Knox/Richmond….you have one as future nba and the other wjrh legit chance….bases on what exactly? They are glorified athletes with questionable skills for basketball
Knox/Richmond: based on the same raw skills soup ingredients that guys like Livingston, Boston, Diallo, etc. have brought to the table.

Richmond is probably a multiyear college guy. Same for Knox. But I think both of them play in the NBA someday, even if it's just to serve a cup of coffee like Hagans.

If you genuinely believe this accurately reflects what Arkansas’ roster amounts to, you’re setting yourself up for a long season brother.
Oh I get it.

Arkansas has a ton of talent (they do) and your fanbase is already salivating at all the future NBA players who are coming there. Brazile staying is huge (on paper). Wagner coming is huge (on paper). You've got Davis coming in, a top 3 portal transfer. Also huge news. Fland is a potential top 20 pick. Z is a potential top 20 pick.

You guys appear loaded for bear.

But if you think any of those accolades or a roster filled with NBA potential somehow spells success for Arkansas, you haven't been paying attention.

The last four years, UK has had:

* Four top 6 RSCI ranked freshmen (Wagner, Boston, Edwards, Bradshaw).
* At least 14 future NBA players (Sarr, Boston, Jackson, Clarke, Livingston, Toppin, Wallace, Oscar, Edwards, Sheppard, Dillingham, Big Z, Ty Ty Washington, Reeves). That doesn't even include Bradshaw (RSCI top 4), Wagner (RSCI top 6), Grady, Brooks, Mitchell, Thiero, etc.
* Three lottery picks (Wallace, Sheppard, Dillingham).
* One national player of the year (Oscar for two seasons).
* Multiple high-level veteran transfers (Grady, Reeves, Oscar, Sarr, Mintz, Toppin, Mitchell, Wheeler).
* A team that had four future NBA players that only won 9 games total (2021).
* A team that had two lottery picks that lost in the first round (2024).
* A team that had the returning national player of the year, another guy who was a lottery pick, and no less than two other NBA players that lost in the 2nd round.

All of that talent has earned UK one single tournament win.

One.

So I can't blame you for salivating at the talent that Calipari has already assembled; but you still don't get it. We had Devin Booker and Karl Towns in 2015 and barely squeaked through a decent but not dominant Notre Dame team in the Elite Eight, only to fall short in the Final Four against a Wisconsin team with no true future NBA stars.

We were absolutely loaded in 2010 and 2017 as well. We had a future top 2 NBA player in 2018 who was surrounded by no less than 6 other future NBA guys, and they lost to a KSU team without one pro. The list goes on and on and on.

So start creating that mental title in your head (I used to do the same thing). It ain't happening, and it's not because you guys won't have the talent. It has everything to do with the fact that you have one of the worst Xs and Os basketball minds in high level basketball history - this guy (who is walking off the court after this year's first round loss)...

i

Last edited:
Oh I get it.

Arkansas has a ton of talent (they do) and your fanbase is already salivating at all the future NBA players who are coming there. Brazile staying is huge (on paper). Wagner coming is huge (on paper). You've got Davis coming in, a top 3 portal transfer. Also huge news. Fland is a potential top 20 pick. Z is a potential top 20 pick.

But if you think any of those accolades or a roster filled with NBA potential somehow spells success for Arkansas, you haven't been paying attention.

* At least 14 future NBA players (Sarr, Boston, Jackson, Clarke, Livingston, Toppin, Wallace, Oscar, Edwards, Sheppard, Dillingham, Big Z, Ty Ty Washington, Reeves). That doesn't even include Bradshaw (RSCI top 4), Wagner (RSCI top 6), Grady, Brooks, Mitchell, Thiero, etc.
* Multiple high-level veteran transfers (Grady, Reeves, Oscar, Sarr, Mintz, Toppin, Mitchell, Wheeler).
* A team that had the returning national player of the year, another guy who was a lottery pick, and no less than two other NBA players that lost in the 2nd round.

One.

So I can't blame you for salivating at the talent that Calipari has already assembled; but you still don't get it. We had Devin Booker and Karl Towns in 2015 and barely squeaked through a decent but not dominant Notre Dame team in the Elite Eight, only to fall short in the Final Four against a Wisconsin team with no true future NBA stars.

We were absolutely loaded in 2010 and 2017 as well. We had a future top 2 NBA player in 2018 who was surrounded by no less than 6 other future NBA guys, and they lost to a KSU team without one pro. The list goes on and on and on.

So start creating that mental title in your head (I used to do the same thing). It ain't happening, and it's not because you guys won't have the talent. It has everything to do with the fact that you have one of the worst Xs and Os basketball minds in high level basketball history - this guy (who is walking off the court after this year's first round loss)...

i
You're absolutely correct, sir. Some people blame the rooferie on 2015 & 2017 losses but you can't blame refs is just part of it. Very well said 👏

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
You're absolutely correct, sir. Some people blame the rooferie on 2015 & 2017 losses but you can't blame refs is just part of it. Very well said 👏
I can blame the refs for those, so yes you can

Oh I get it.

One.

i
The last 4 seasons before Dan Hurley won his first national championship he had zero NCAA Tournament games. You gotta live the logic of dumb raftard simpletons.

Using their logic I’m looking for to a 30 point win over Arkansas.

The last 4 seasons before Dan Hurley won his first national championship he had zero NCAA Tournament games. You gotta live the logic of dumb raftard simpletons.

What are you talking about and who are you addressing?

Reactions: CELTICAT
You didn’t see me quote you? I laughing at how simpleminded y’all are with your last 4 years BS.
Your thinking here exposes you as being rather imbecilic on this subject (no surprise considering you created another account just to troll the message board).

We have a 15 year sample size. 15 years. 10 NBA All-Stars (not counting Murray). Three #1 picks. 25 top twenty picks. 1 title.

Now go off and create another account.

This moron says we have a 15 year sample size but uses a 4 year period. This is how simple minded raftards are. 4 Final Fours and a title in 15 years tops 99% of coaches and certainly doesn’t mean a coach is in capable of winning. Take your God Bruce Pearl entire career for instance. Claiming Arkansas isn’t gonna be good because of the last four years is dumb af no matter how you slice it.

I guess you can say post segregation Rupp was garbage because his last 15 years were worse than Cal’s. You would never say that though because you don’t have an agenda when it comes to Rupp.
Account #404573947

• Love
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Oh man, raftard with no real life friends mad because his message board buddy got called on his stupidity.

Son of Saul used to be a good poster but in the last 4 years he’s turned into pure trash.
Okay, LB. Go scurry back to your basement dwelling and create another account. We get it. You're a special wittle snowflake and smarter than the rest of us.

The difference between how Pope put together his roster and Cal put together his is like night and day.

Cal got the best possible raw talent, while Pope went after guys who fit his system.

Pope actually went after guys that fit based on analytics. He did his research to see who would be the best options.

Meanwhile, Cal just took the pieces that fell into his lap.
You're smarter than this. This team is phenomenal on paper and none of these dudes landed in his lap.

Gonna be a fun year for both teams.

This moron says we have a 15 year sample size but uses a 4 year period. This is how simple minded raftards are. 4 Final Fours and a title in 15 years tops 99% of coaches and certainly doesn’t mean a coach is in capable of winning. Take your God Bruce Pearl entire career for instance. Claiming Arkansas isn’t gonna be good because of the last four years is dumb af no matter how you slice it.

I guess you can say post segregation Rupp was garbage because his last 15 years were worse than Cal’s. You would never say that though because you don’t have an agenda when it comes to Rupp.
Yeah I mean as an Arkansas fan we get it, Dave Van Horn has lost in regionals or supers 3 out of the last 4 years with one of the most talented rosters in college baseball after being top 10 in the regular season. It happens, but doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach. The tournament is a crapshoot most of the time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
You're smarter than this. This team is phenomenal on paper and none of these dudes landed in his lap.

Gonna be a fun year for both teams.
I like it when Razorback fans, while only having gotten used to Calipari for 8 weeks, condescendingly lecture UK fans, who have witnessed Calipari in real-time for 15 years. It's as if you guys are suddenly experts on all-things Cal. It's both hilarious and criminally arrogant of your fan base.

You guys have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Cal. You sound like the guy who just wed the town whore but suddenly wants to white knight her reputation by telling the rest of the town that her 75+ men sexual body count is really closer to 50 and that she's just been "misunderstood."

Need a shooter/scorer more than Brazile.
We have Carr and Almonor at the 4. We do not need another shooter/scorer at the 4. We need a rebounder and defender who can also finish with physicality. That's describes Brazille perfectly. He's not coming here though. Wherever he goes he will get a big check and lots of minutes. That's not happening here.

Cal's clown circus roster:
1. Gay guy who helped destroy Arkansas' team last year.
2. Me-first shooting guard in Wagner who can't shoot but thinks he's a point guard.
3. *Karter* (Thanks, Leadbelly!) Knox, who will demand minutes at the 3 but will actually be playing behind Fland and Davis.
4. Adou Thiero, who expects to start but will actually be playing behind Brazile.
5. Three ball-dominant guards who will all expect shots and touches.

What could possibly go wrong?
I think they have a pretty good roster. Depth at point may be a weakness.
You beat up on Wagner quite a bit but really, I will have to see us play a few games before I can believe that we have an obvious better guard than Wagner.
The SEC is the best it has ever been. imo

I like it when Razorback fans, while only having gotten used to Calipari for 8 weeks, condescendingly lecture UK fans, who have witnessed Calipari in real-time for 15 years. It's as if you guys are suddenly experts on all-things Cal. It's both hilarious and criminally arrogant of your fan base.

You guys have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Cal. You sound like the guy who just wed the town whore but suddenly wants to white knight her reputation by telling the rest of the town that her 75+ men sexual body count is really closer to 50 and that she's just been "misunderstood."
You're some kind of special. There was nothing condescending about my reply. You're creating a narrative that is not there. Arkansas' class is very good. It's transfer heavy. This is new territory because at UK Cal didn't do it this way.

Keep on polevaulting over mouse turds. I'm not here to argue with you. I know you think you're some kind of big shot on this board so carry on and have at it.

Arkansas will be just fine next year and deep down you know it.

Woo Pig Sooie

Reactions: piglet mignon
We have Carr and Almonor at the 4. We do not need another shooter/scorer at the 4. We need a rebounder and defender who can also finish with physicality. That's describes Brazille perfectly. He's not coming here though. Wherever he goes he will get a big check and lots of minutes. That's not happening here.
Brazile is back at AR isn't he?

We get it, you have much more knowledge of the Calipari system than we do. I'm sure you were very high on your team last year when they were the AP preseason #14 team in the country.
So you’re saying you don’t like the roster? Dont think they’ll be successful, or what?

I said none of what you said…so I want to make sure I understand your position.

We get it @JAPierce_2 you are a hog fan and now all of a sudden you love the man you hated just a few short months ago. I am not sure why you don't go defend him to your own fans because nobody here cares about you, your hogs or your coach.

Reactions: CELTICAT
9 really talented dudes, not sure what’s not to like?
There are 26 super talented players in the NBA right now that played for Cal at Kentucky.
The season results do not match the talent level.

Arkansas’ roster would be one of the weakest of the 15 Cal had here. He built this team with leftovers from last season and arguably the weakest recruiting class in his time at UK

I realize this may seem like the greatest team in Arkansas history but you have to realize that Cal did not win with NBA all-star teams.

How pathetic of a life you must live. You have nothing to do but come on this board and troll. And then once everyone figures out to ignore you, you actually take the time to create a new account and start all over again. This isn't normal behavior man. There's something really wrong when you have a constant need for attention, even if it's negative. I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
9 really talented dudes, not sure what’s not to like?
I see two sure fires in Davis and Fland. I see four OK players that will be off and on in Aidoo, Big Z, Wagner and Thiero. I see two question marks with Knox and Richmond. It usually takes Cal all season to get guys like this going and sometimes they don't. I see one player, Brazile, that did as little as possible last season. Rim protection and lack of deep shooters are two things that seem to stand out as issues.

I see two sure fires in Davis and Fland. I see four OK players that will be off and on in Aidoo, Big Z, Wagner and Thiero. I see two question marks with Knox and Richmond. It usually takes Cal all season to get guys like this going and sometimes they don't. I see one player, Brazile, that did as little as possible last season. Rim protection and lack of deep shooters are two things that seem to stand out as issues.
7 of the 9 are showing on draft boards, 6 for 25, 1 for 26.

Personally, I’m not concerned with how they compare to UK Classes of the past.

We have some older guys that are proven and it will depend how they gel.

None of us knows how this is gonna play out. All we have is what’s on paper

How pathetic of a life you must live. You have nothing to do but come on this board and troll. And then once everyone figures out to ignore you, you actually take the time to create a new account and start all over again. This isn't normal behavior man. There's something really wrong when you have a constant need for attention, even if it's negative. I feel sorry for you.
It's Leadbelly.

He's our resident sociopath.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Shooting could be an issue for sure, that’s fair. Brazile was a bag of crap last year, that’s also fair. I think we will shoot it well enough. That’s one thing Brazile actually can do, he is a pretty decent spot up shooter. Other than that he was awful last year. I think DJ can shoot it better than he showed, Davis is a very respectable shooter, Knox has shot it really well on the circuit, so I think we’ll be fine, but y’all will shoot it better no question about that.

We get it @JAPierce_2 you are a hog fan and now all of a sudden you love the man you hated just a few short months ago. I am not sure why you don't go defend him to your own fans because nobody here cares about you, your hogs or your coach.
Why are you so upset talking basketball? Seriously, why is having normal human interaction so hard? I’m not trying to teach you the Hog call, I’m not posting “we’re gonna beat you by a hundred” and whatever. Like I’d understand if I were trolling and being an asshole, but I’ve literally done none of that, what exactly is the issue?

There are 26 super talented players in the NBA right now that played for Cal at Kentucky.
The season results do not match the talent level.

Arkansas’ roster would be one of the weakest of the 15 Cal had here. He built this team with leftovers from last season and arguably the weakest recruiting class in his time at UK

I realize this may seem like the greatest team in Arkansas history but you have to realize that Cal did not win with NBA all-star teams.
Ok…fair enough, you’re entitled to your opinion. I guess that’s what makes it fun, we shall see how it unfolds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT