ADVERTISEMENT

Any baseball card collectors here?

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023
I can't believe I did it, but I just bought a hobby box of 2024 Topps Heritage off the Fanatics site. I'm liking the 1970's looks of the cards. I'm really only interested in Topps because there are so many brands and versions of each brand out there. Rather than try and complete a set, I'm thinking of just buying one box of each year going backwards. The mid 1980's Topps stuff and older gets really expensive.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
I collect MLB Topps cards (thousands of them from the 60s to present time) and these days Bowman prospects cards now a brand under Topps. In the 2000s, Topps did some vintage Opechee cards that looked really cool. Also, NBA, NFL, WWE, UFC, College Basketball/Football and NASCAR cards. I like Prestige's NFL card and love the Panini Prizm & Donruss Optic cards.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I collect MLB Topps cards (thousands of them from the 60s to present time) and these days Bowman prospects cards now a brand under Topps. In the 2000s, Topps did some vintage Opechee cards that looked really cool. Also, NBA, NFL, WWE, UFC, College Basketball/Football and NASCAR cards. I like Prestige's NFL card and love the Panini Prizm & Donruss Optic cards.
I remember having some NFL cards back in the early 1990's. I loved St Louis Rams helmets!

Last edited:
Yep, still a collector. Agree on the re-do designs, very cool. Check out Amazon too. 2023 Topps Archives are very cool; mix of designs. Fun to open; you can grab a hobby box for $27 right now.

I mostly collect individual cards now. Like to grab what I can in auctions, etc. Especially still chasing the very olds ones....50's, 60's and before. Have started to send some in for grading.

A buddy of mine told me about a live auction site called Whatnot. They do live auctions for individual cards. Pretty cool but I have to shut the app and walk away or I'd buy everything, lol.

Yep, still a collector. Agree on the re-do designs, very cool. Check out Amazon too. 2023 Topps Archives are very cool; mix of designs. Fun to open; you can grab a hobby box for $27 right now.

I mostly collect individual cards now. Like to grab what I can in auctions, etc. Especially still chasing the very olds ones....50's, 60's and before. Have started to send some in for grading.

A buddy of mine told me about a live auction site called Whatnot. They do live auctions for individual cards. Pretty cool but I have to shut the app and walk away or I'd buy everything, lol.
You know, I really miss the gum they used to stick in the packs. I know it destroyed cards. If my memory serves me correctly, I may have mentioned on here before that I bought an unopened box of 86 Topps off BB exchange.com, and actually stuck one of the pieces of him in mouth. Nauseatingly chalky!

• Love
Reactions: HagginHall1999
Former. I have mountains of worthless cardboard from 1987-94 in my parents’ basement. Steroid era + over produced = most of it ain’t worth shit.

My most valuable card is the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie. I bought a 1991 Fleer complete set in 1991 for $30. It’s worth $16 today. Lol.

You know, I really miss the gum they used to stick in the packs. I know it destroyed cards. If my memory serves me correctly, I may have mentioned on here before that I bought an unopened box of 86 Topps off BB exchange.com, and actually stuck one of the pieces of him in mouth. Nauseatingly chalky!

I have a bunch of Topps unopened packs from 1981 I think...they have a game you could play on them. I've sold maybe 15 packs at $4-$6 a piece. Fun to open. Com with the gum, lol.

I don't buy the new stuff very often. Too expensive for my taste. I do like Heritage, though, and pick up a pack of those every blue moon.

I've bought some vintage stuff off e-bay. I have a pretty good Reds collection dating back to 1971 (almost all Topps from my birth to about 2010).

I used to be a huge collector until the world found out that supply exceeded demand by a large margin. A box of cards back in the day was 36 packs at 15 cards per pack. I don't believe it's anywhere close to that now but then again I haven't bought a pack of cards in ages. I have a shoebox full of some good cards in hard plastic screwdowns and a Rickey Henderson and Dave Winfield binder of cards as they were my favorite players growing up. The hobby tilted away from making it fun for kids and catered to those looking to make a buck.

I have a bunch of Topps unopened packs from 1981 I think...they have a game you could play on them. I've sold maybe 15 packs at $4-$6 a piece. Fun to open. Com with the gum, lol.
I liked those 81 Topps with the little team hats on the cards. I think my favorite set of cards was the 84 Donruss set that had the Don Mattingly rookie in it. Those Diamond King cards were pretty cool from that set.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT