ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Reeves

UKFAN4L

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
It was great to see him receive player of the game on his birthday with 4:00 + minutes to go in regulation. 9 minutes later, Tre Mitchell easily was the player of the game.
Sorry if has been discussed, but was Cal trying to prove a point and win with the young bucks while Reeves was on the bench? Was Reeves the one getting scorched and got benched? I just couldn’t figure out why Antonio was sitting down.

Everyone was getting torched on D. Especially Mitchell.

Wagner was the only one that could come close to staying in front of his man.

It was especially cool watching our guys brick FTs while our best FT shooter was on the bench.
Good post! I love it. It is especially cool to watch us brick those FTs and get ppls blood pressure running high 😂 while our man sits silently on the bench. It makes it so much more fun and exciting when it's done this way.

Reactions: Jamal Mercer
I dont understand why Reeves wasn't in either for FT shooting if nothing else. He's not a great defender but no one else was last night either.

Here is the crazy thing...Cal had Reeves at the scorers table waiting to come in for a couple of minutes. UK was down to one timeout, so I get not wasting one to get Reeves in the game. However, UK had only three team fouls, so they could have easily have fouled to stop play and get Reeves in the game.

Instead...

He PULLED REEVES BACK after Theiro missed two free throws prior to a jump ball with 1:20 left. I am guessing Cal wanted Thiero in the game after making a steal during the previous possession.

Then St Joes goes down and hits a miracle three to take the lead....at that point, Cal finally puts Reeves back into the game at the 35 second mark, after sitting since the under 4 timeout.

UK scored a grand total of two points during that stretch.

Make it make sense.

I loved the way Reeves played against Saint Joe's, seeing a couple shots before trying his hand from three and several nice assists.

Reactions: dl51344 and Aike
Reeves has his place on this team, but he has always struggled defensively, and he tends to play hero ball late. He isn’t really a set up his teammates kind of guy.

There’s still 20+ minutes in the middle of the game for a guy like that. He and Dillingham can both score in flurries and help put games out of reach early.

Reactions: crestcat
He could have a really good year if he blends in. Won't have the same role as last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT