ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Davis Contract Thoughts:

BigBlueSean

All-SEC
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2013
Yes, the dude is about to get paid like 5yr/145 million but to be honest, If I am him, I'm not for sure I sign it. The Pelicans will pick up his 4th year next year. If New Orleans can pay that, so can just about anywhere else in the NBA with the new media contract elevating the salary cap space. I don't think the pieces are right for that team, including the coach. I know AD has a great relationship with him but I mean what is there that makes you think the Pelicans are going to get back into the playoffs and do anything next year? They don't have a good draft pick, there are no FA to go get, if you pay AD that much you wont have much to do anything else with and it took a last second 40 foot buzzer beater for them to beat OKC out for the 8 spot in the west....an OKC team who didn't have Ibaka or Durant.

It essentially comes down to is it about money or does winning play a part. If I am him, I wouldn't sign it and evaluate the Pelicans on how next year goes. Chances are after next year if the NYC, Boston, LA and Chicago could get into a bidding war that makes that 5 year/ 145 million look like nothing. And he could get out of the West or go to a team in the Lakers that can put pieces together fast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News