ADVERTISEMENT

I have a hypothetical question for discussion relating to former players.

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
Let's say that the NCAA said that any player who left the program early to play in the NBA could return to school and complete their eligibility.
  1. Who do you think would be the oldest player that could come back to UK and still dominate?
  2. Who is the oldest player that could get off the bench and contribute?
  3. Who would be the one player that you would pick to come back on this years team?

The answer to my first question is Anthony Davis for me because he is still dominating in the league and would be unstoppable in NCAA basketball.

The second question is John Wall because while he has slowed down he could still play significant minutes and be able to contribute.

My last question is probably Tyrese Maxey because he could play any position on the perimeter. I would have said Davis but he has been so injury prone you may not get him for many games.

Reactions: BlueSince92
1. Dominate is the key word here. AD might be a good pick, but it might go back further.
2. I'm going to say Tony Delk. No doubt he could come off the bench at 50 and contribute imo
3. SGA

That's an interesting hypothetical, Creed. I agree with you as to Davis and Wall. We just didn't have any dominant players for about a decade, prior to Wall, Boogie, and Bledsoe in 2009-10. As for Question No. 3 ... Maxey would be a great pick. I'll also mention SGA, KAT, Devin Booker, and Julius Randle - all fairly recent All-NBA Team guys.

Let's say that the NCAA said that any player who left the program early to play in the NBA could return to school and complete their eligibility.
  1. Who do you think would be the oldest player that could come back to UK and still dominate?
  3. Who would be the one player that you would pick to come back on this years team?

The answer to my first question is Anthony Davis for me because he is still dominating in the league and would be unstoppable in NCAA basketball.

The second question is John Wall because while he has slowed down he could still play significant minutes and be able to contribute.

My last question is probably Tyrese Maxey because he could play any position on the perimeter. I would have said Davis but he has been so injury prone you may not get him for many games.
In all likelihood, it would probably have to be a G league or European player who's salary deficiency would make it appealing to come back.
JMO

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
1. Dominate is the key word here. AD might be a good pick, but it might go back further.
2. I'm going to say Tony Delk. No doubt he could come off the bench at 50 and contribute imo
3. SGA
Aint no way Delk would get ANY seperation against college players right now.

Reactions: MbergCat

Kind of dumb answer to your own question on number 2. Wall is only 33, he’s the oldest player that could contribute off the bench? Cousins, Bledsoe, Miller, Liggins, Meeks and Patterson are all older than Wall. They couldn’t contribute off the bench in college right now!!?? You’re smoking meth.

Kind of dumb answer to your own question on number 2. Wall is only 33, he’s the oldest player that could contribute off the bench? Cousins, Bledsoe, Miller, Liggins, Meeks and Patterson are all older than Wall. They couldn’t contribute off the bench in college right now!!?? You’re smoking meth.
No need to get your panties in a wad just because you disagree. Geez.

I like the question, but I think it should only apply to guys who aren’t in the league or who didn’t spend years in the league making enough money for generations to come to live off of comfortably.

1) Wall. Still average 11 points and 5 rebound in limited minutes two years ago. I think teams were looking at him still this past year to be an extra depth guy, so I assume he still has ability left playing 30 minutes twice a week.

2) I wonder if oldest contributor could be Randolph Morris. Just nature of the position, be big and strong. I bet he could create space against players 20 years younger.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Skill is far superior to youth and talent as we have learned. Delk, at his age, probably has more athleticism left than most 18yr olds. Dude was insanely gifted.

I disagree that he couldn't contribute. Here is a picture of Delk from 2023. This dude could 100% contribute today in college basketball imo.

1024px-20230519_Tony_Delk_at_the_NBA_Draft_Combine.jpg

Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT