ADVERTISEMENT

Another recruit switches and is headed to Kentucky

Not a headliner but I’m excited. Kid is borderline 4 star ranked top 25 athlete in nation per Rivals. Haddix with big praise on the kid also.
I’m not trying to squash your joy. Wish I had phrased that differently. I want to find a thoughtful way of saying:

in moments like this we are establishing future win-loss floors and ceilings with the possibility of variance to do 1-2 wins better or worse. We need to keep that in mind when UK goes 6-6 with a tough schedule in three years.

And more recent,Ladd McConkey was about 5'10" and maybe 155 when he signed at UGA. If a kid can run routes and catch the ball regardless of size he can play anywhere including the SEC. Ladd was a 5.5 3* with 1 P5 offer, UGA.
Yep. Remember Trindon Holliday at LSU? Dude was 5-5, 162 & dominated the SEC & then went on to play in the NFL. It’s not necessarily common for guys that small to have the ball in their hands, but, there have been a few outliers who had very successful careers in the NFL &/or college.

Like others have mentioned, Wan’Dale is a recent example for UK. I’ve seen MQ play & he definitely has the skill to excel in the SEC, IMO, as long as his body can take the punishment. But, that’s always the rub with smaller guys. Personally, I think he’ll be an impact player, here.

And more recent,Ladd McConkey was about 5'10" and maybe 155 when he signed at UGA. If a kid can run routes and catch the ball regardless of size he can play anywhere including the SEC. Ladd was a 5.5 3* with 1 P5 offer, UGA.
Right! The on,y time you should concerned with size is QB and some line positions. Obviously there are exceptions everywhere. If you are skilled you can play anywhere. Obvysize helps but if you can ball, you can ball,

Yep. Remember Trindon Holliday at LSU? Dude was 5-5, 162 & dominated the SEC & then went on to play in the NFL. It’s not necessarily common for guys that small to have the ball in their hands, but, there have been a few outliers who had very successful careers in the NFL &/or college.

Like others have mentioned, Wan’Dale is a recent example for UK. I’ve seen MQ play & he definitely has the skill to excel in the SEC, IMO, as long as his body can take the punishment. But, that’s always the rub with smaller guys. Personally, I think he’ll be an impact player, here.
I don’t remember Wandale’s weight but he was a thick dude. He even played some RB for Nebraska. Hopefully MQ kills it here but he’s not built like Wandale.

Corbin is no pushover in high school football. MQ has dominated Corbin. Few players do that. Just wait and see. The kid is simply a player and a winner. Im thrilled to see him coming to UK.
Totally agree. I personally saw Quisenberry give one of the Smith twins from Corbin a piggy-back ride in to the end zone during the playoffs last year. Smith twin had no chance on that play. Quisenberry is thicker than he looks.

For context, the play I mentioned occurs around the 3:43 mark in the video.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT