ADVERTISEMENT

Another recruit switches and is headed to Kentucky

He's listed an inch taller than Wandale and two inches taller than Craig Yeast. But having seen him in person, his listing might be inflated a bit.

But there's no doubt he's a player.

I don’t get celebrating flipping a WVU commit one year, and three years later being mad that UK doesn’t compete for the SECE.

I don’t get celebrating flipping a WVU commit one year, and three years later being mad that UK doesn’t compete for the SECE.
Not a headliner but I’m excited. Kid is borderline 4 star ranked top 25 athlete in nation per Rivals. Haddix with big praise on the kid also.

Reactions: Girthang
Not a headliner but I’m excited. Kid is borderline 4 star ranked top 25 athlete in nation per Rivals. Haddix with big praise on the kid also.
I’m not trying to squash your joy. Wish I had phrased that differently. I want to find a thoughtful way of saying:

in moments like this we are establishing future win-loss floors and ceilings with the possibility of variance to do 1-2 wins better or worse. We need to keep that in mind when UK goes 6-6 with a tough schedule in three years.

I guess Neal brown told him he is coming back here next year to be offensive coordinator when Sumrall comes back next year to be head coach.

And more recent,Ladd McConkey was about 5'10" and maybe 155 when he signed at UGA. If a kid can run routes and catch the ball regardless of size he can play anywhere including the SEC. Ladd was a 5.5 3* with 1 P5 offer, UGA.
Yep. Remember Trindon Holliday at LSU? Dude was 5-5, 162 & dominated the SEC & then went on to play in the NFL. It’s not necessarily common for guys that small to have the ball in their hands, but, there have been a few outliers who had very successful careers in the NFL &/or college.

Like others have mentioned, Wan’Dale is a recent example for UK. I’ve seen MQ play & he definitely has the skill to excel in the SEC, IMO, as long as his body can take the punishment. But, that’s always the rub with smaller guys. Personally, I think he’ll be an impact player, here.

Reactions: Girthang
Craig Yeast
Derek Abney
Brad Pyatt
Dicky Lyons Jr

None of these guys were their listed height at Kentucky. None within 2 inches of 6ft. No way DLJ was even 5-11.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT