ADVERTISEMENT

Another recruit flips and is headed to Kentucky

When was the last time a kid that size did not work at UK?
TV Williams, Travis Tisdale, Brandon White, Jordan Anthony, just a few that came to mind.

Yes there are certainly exceptions like Wandale Robinson, but generally guys that are 5’8” and 170 pounds have a hard time in high-level cfb.

Reactions: K_TIME
Totally agree. I personally saw Quisenberry give one of the Smith twins from Corbin a piggy-back ride in to the end zone during the playoffs last year. Smith twin had no chance on that play. Quisenberry is thicker than he looks.

For context, the play I mentioned occurs around the 3:43 mark in the video.
That game was elite high school football.

Corbin is no pushover in high school football. MQ has dominated Corbin. Few players do that. Just wait and see. The kid is simply a player and a winner. Im thrilled to see him coming to UK.
Dominating Corbin High School and SEC teams are a little bit different task. Hope the kid balls out here, but using Corbin as a measuring stick is not the best example he will be.
Personally, I like having a quick scat back type RB/WR combo. Not everyone can be 6-2 210. Does not mean they can't excel at the next level at all.

The best example I can compare him to (Not a Cat) but KaVontae Turpin who plays for Dallas. Dude looks about 5-4 140 lbs. He is listed at 5-9 153 lbs. No way he is 5-9.

Reactions: The-Hack
Dominating Corbin High School and SEC teams are a little bit different task. Hope the kid balls out here, but using Corbin as a measuring stick is not the best example he will be.
Personally, I like having a quick scat back type RB/WR combo. Not everyone can be 6-2 210. Does not mean they can't excel at the next level at all.
You missed the point and then put words in my mouth. Boyle was the best team in the state. Corbin was 2nd. Yes, it matters that he was able to dominate Corbin. However, I never said he would dominate in the SEC. I do think he will be a valuable player on the team though.

Reactions: The-Hack
Funny, you left out the part of my post where I complimented him and even said not all WR's can be 6-2 210 ???? I simply said because he dominated Corbin does not = SEC success. You kind of did the same thing, put words in my post. Go back and read ALL of my post, do not hand pick parts.

Funny, you left out the part of my post where I complimented him and even said not all WR's can be 6-2 210 ???? I simply said because he dominated Corbin does not = SEC success. You kind of did the same thing, put words in my post. Go back and read ALL of my post, do not hand pick parts.
I put no words in your mouth. I saw what you said, I simply didn't respond to that. See things as you wish.

I never said anything bad about the player or Corbin. Dominating Corbin you said was important, I said it wasn't. Dominating Corbin does not mean he will be dominate in the SEC was my only point. See things as you wish. You said it was important, I differ in opinion. But for record, Corbin is not the juggernaut on defense you are making them out to be.

He dominated a top 20 in the nation (at the time) team this year in all phases of the game. Rushing, receiving, passing, defending and returning. He's a finalist for a national player of the year. If he were taller, he would have 1 or 2 more recruiting stars even with the same stats he has. He's taken home MVP of several big D1 college summer camps.

He's a star. Just suffers from being a little short.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT