ADVERTISEMENT

UFs QB Mertz done

Lagway has real deal talent and potential. Still raw…still in boom n bust cycle of his development like most freshman with raw ability.

Will be very interesting to see how he plays down the home stretch. He may play just good enough to squeeze out a few wins and save Napier. Not solely because Gator brass will be happy with .500, but if Lagway looks good he may give Napier just enough leverage to say “hey you can pay my buyout and I’m taking Lagway with me…or you can spend some of that money in the portal to surround this kid with some talent”

Or Gators will totally hit the shits, but lagway’s potential will probably be enough to get Napier a role at a top end program in need of a QB.

DYK the Vandy stadium is the oldest in the South, over 100 years old? It was built at a time when Vandy was THE major Southern football power. They're supposedly spending tens of millions of dollars upgrading, we'll see how that goes.
They're investing in their program and it's showing. You would think they would be able to come up with a competitive amount of NIL money considering where they are and the fact they have a ton of big money donors to the school. Convincing them to pony up for football is all they need to do.

One year we played there they had a concert/carnival on the field the Thursday before our game, Nick Chubb got a cleat caught in a rut they didn't try to fix and blew up his knee.

Not true. At all. That was 2015. He got hit by one defender which turned him around and he was hit by the 2nd defender as his leg was extended behind him.

He is big and fast, about 6'3" 240. UF fans have been calling for him to start since the 1st game. They haven't lit the scoreboard up with him, but bigtime arm and quick release, and a true frosh.
Grumpy he looks good to me. I would much rather have Mertz in the pocket game managing than this large athletic person. we have had Floridas number of late. they have their stuff together now, and I feel a loss coming on- hope im wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT