ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw that OSU has 25 people hitting the portal after spring practice.

And we have a few scholarships to play with. Remember a lot of kids we target in OH end up getting snatched by OSU at the last minute. It's hard to draw a lot of the Ohio kids off of a OSU offer but this is the part where relationships pay off. Who are some recent losses to OSU.
I know the Glover kid but I think he was already in the portal

Perhaps they were asked to leave, but if the 25 are scholarship players, the exodus sounds too deep.

If I were to try to identify 25 players of our team the least likely to contribute, I would have to include at least 10-15 that I still have hope will develop.

I suspect, once this new regime settles in, the model will be for mid to high developmental guys to go to the lower schools in order to ensure early playing time, so they can develop on the field. The blue chippers will still come straight to college along with lower developmental guys who don't have any expectation of seeing the filed until maybe their 4/5 year, but they'd be happy to be here and collect a small NIL in hopes of getting their shot before they graduate, knowing those previous mid to high developmental guys will be coming in from the smaller schools each year from the portal, as they develop into 2 deep players.

Maybe those are the guys that have been told their NIL money won’t be renewed? Opens up $$$ to bring in a new batch of projects to fill the roster.
Maybe but that still seems like a lot. They had to have graduates. Replacing 40ish people on a college team seems nuts. I don't Bama had that many with how insane their switch went.

I’m not sure which OSU is being referenced but it’s not Ohio State. They lost six players to their roster in the Spring portal.

The transfer portal closed for the final time before the 2024 season when midnight struck Wednesday, and the 15-day post-spring window to enter the portal came and went with Ohio State losing only six backups: Running back Dallan Hayden, wide receiver Kyion Grayes, guard Enokk Vimahi, linebacker Nigel Glover and safeties Ja’Had Carter and Cedrick Hawkins.

-
OSU Retains all Key Players

Ah, OK, 25 total in Dec + April portal windows. That is a lot, but at least it wasn't right after Spring.

I’m not sure which OSU is being referenced but it’s not Ohio State. They lost six players to their roster in the Spring portal.

The transfer portal closed for the final time before the 2024 season when midnight struck Wednesday, and the 15-day post-spring window to enter the portal came and went with Ohio State losing only six backups: Running back Dallan Hayden, wide receiver Kyion Grayes, guard Enokk Vimahi, linebacker Nigel Glover and safeties Ja’Had Carter and Cedrick Hawkins.

-
OSU Retains all Key Players
Kyion Grayes Worth a look at for WR depth?

Kyion Grayes Worth a look at for WR depth?
Looks like he’s going to Cal. If that falls through then it’s hard to say, based on his time at OSU, but I think he’d be worth taking a chance on.

He was highly rated out of high school but saw very little action in two years at OSU. He was injured most of last year and probably wasn’t going to be in the 2-deep this year. OSU is stacked with WR talent and there is likely a lot of potential outside of their 2-deep that just doesn’t get a chance to showcase their talent on game day.

These numbers are hardly ever accurate. Walkons who entered thd portal were counted in UGA's numbers. But I guess it's still a kid hitting the portal, but most likely case is they become a regular student at school they are attending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT