ADVERTISEMENT

Analyzing SEC total win projections. UK 'too low'

Good chance at 5-0 start and 6-1 after Missouri. We have to avenge the vandy fiasco from last year in nashville and beat the gators again. From there it gets tougher to predict sustained success. History tells me we lose at msu and probably lose to tn and Alabama.

At south Carolina will be interesting and Louisville should be a win.

7.5 may have been a better over/under given the schedule but some unknowns so idk.

It's odd that pretty much every team is expected to be .500 or better. That seems unlikely, imo. I know there are plenty of scheduled 'wins' but that's not always the case as most SEC teams play at least one pretty decent OOC opponent. Hard for all 14 teams to have 6 or more wins one would think.

I don’t get the predictions for South Carolina. There is not 6 wins on their schedule

I don't have much faith in Beamer as a coach, more a cheerleader. But they eliminated 2 teams from the playoffs in 22. Yes they caught some breaks, but they beT some good teams in 22.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
They have a tough schedule, they don’t beat UNC, Georgia, Tenn, MSU, Texas A&M, Clemson or Kentucky. I just don’t see where there are 7 wins. Plus, Beamer is the coach

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Missou at 9.5 too low is laughable, they will not win over 6 or 7 games if that... Way too high for them...lol...

GBB

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
They have a tough schedule, they don’t beat UNC, Georgia, Tenn, MSU, Texas A&M, Clemson or Kentucky. I just don’t see where there are 7 wins. Plus, Beamer is the coach

I know they caught some breaks, but they beat 4 of those teams last season, beat UGA in Athens. They are a better program than MSU, don't see how you can be certain that is 7 losses for them. I think UNC, MSU and ATM will be wins for them.

Reactions: JasonRDunn

They beat us in Lexington. Big mistake assuming we are a lock to beat them on the road. It will be a tough game.

I do admire your willingness to take a stand and that is a possibility for all of us. I just think they get bowl eligible, they do have one of the top returning QBs in the SEC, only behind the LSU and Aekansas QBs.

From a gambling perspective it's noteworthy that these lines were posted before a lot of the portal transfers were in place. IMO Kentucky increased it's w/l potential somewhat by filling out the O-line gaps, and adding some nice depth in several spots so the "over" looks pretty attractive.

I don't follow Florida but it's really hard to believe with the talent that team has that they can't win 6 in their sleep.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
From a gambling perspective it's noteworthy that these lines were posted before a lot of the portal transfers were in place. IMO Kentucky increased it's w/l potential somewhat by filling out the O-line gaps, and adding some nice depth in several spots so the "over" looks pretty attractive.

I don't follow Florida but it's really hard to believe with the talent that team has that they can't win 6 in their sleep.

I know what you are saying regarding talent, but their out of conference isn’t all too easy…

Utah
Florida State
McNeese
Charlotte

So, with 2 likely losses out of conference, that means they would need to go 4-4 in conference.

Their SEC West opponents are at LSU and home vs Arkansas. I don’t see them winning those.

So, they may win 6, but I don’t think it will be an easy road for them.

They have some talented RB, but they feel their WR and TE are below par, plus they are not thrilled with the Wisconsin transfer. They could very well beat us, but I think their talent level is as low as it has been in 40+ years.

10 games would be insane with the schedule ahead. I think worst case is 5-7 (would probably mean that Leary was injured) and best case is 9-3.

I know what you are saying regarding talent, but their out of conference isn’t all too easy…

Utah
Florida State
McNeese
Charlotte

So, with 2 likely losses out of conference, that means they would need to go 4-4 in conference.

Their SEC West opponents are at LSU and home vs Arkansas. I don’t see them winning those.

So, they may win 6, but I don’t think it will be an easy road for them.

I agree with this. I think UF is in BIG trouble this year. 2 OOC losses. @UK, @USC, @LSU, UGA in Jax. UT at home.

I'll give them vandy and Mizzou at home, but I think they will struggle.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I agree with this. I think UF is in BIG trouble this year. 2 OOC losses. @UK, @USC, @LSU, UGA in Jax. UT at home.

I'll give them vandy and Mizzou at home, but I think they will struggle.

I agree I think UF will be over achieving by getting bowl eligible. But last year they just out atheleted Utah last year to get a win and could very well do it again this year. But Utah is a crucial game for them and one I think they have to win to get to 6 this year. Think they lose at least 3 and possibly a 4th in the East, to LSU and FSU ooc.

It's odd that pretty much every team is expected to be .500 or better. That seems unlikely, imo. I know there are plenty of scheduled 'wins' but that's not always the case as most SEC teams play at least one pretty decent OOC opponent. Hard for all 14 teams to have 6 or more wins one would think.
In 2021, 13 out of 14 had 6 wins. That graphic basically says 12 of the 14. That’s not impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT