ADVERTISEMENT

Analyst provides latest insight on Bamba, Diallo and other UK .

Bamba, "Hmm, maybe Smart will name a building after me or something. Just wait it out and see how desperate he gets. Plus, definitely wouldn't have to put out so much for him during practice."
Or, "I am just so confused on whether to be THE man at Texas or practice and play with pro's that will take some of the spot light off me."
Or, "Smart knows me from playing for him and he will let me play any way I want. I can have bigger stats. I know the defensive pressure will be much more because of less skilled players around me but I will get to shoot more and not have to worry about team play near as much. I can worry about learning to play team ball in two years."
Or???????

There is no way a player of his calibre would forego playing for a team with close friends on a loaded roster that would just crush the competition. It would be an historic team with off-the-charts results.

Apparently, cal went all in for bolden sonit kind of pissed him off. When bolden went elsewhere cal tried getting back in with him but it was too late. He would of been that one piece that could of won it all this yr. meanwhile, bolden who also could of helped sat at the end of dukes bench with chase jeter.
The Allen story as I remember it. Was it was Bam committing that cost us Alan initially. We backed off as Allen was being touted as long athletic shot blocker who wanted to play the 4. So when Bam committed in Nov we backed off and Cal focused on getting his targets for the 5 spot in bolden. At that time we still had Lee coming back. When Bolden Waffled at the end of the season. We tried to get back in but it was to late. Still think Capel had Bolden slow play UK on purpose. You put Allen on this year's team we win it all. Even Higgins couldn't beat us if we have added a rim protector to the mix. It's ok Capel messed with the Bull I think he is getting the horns now.

There is no way a player of his calibre would forego playing for a team with close friends on a loaded roster that would just crush the competition. It would be an historic team with off-the-charts results.
We basically said the same thing about Wiggins.

I would very much like to see the young man play forUK but if not Texas would he a great place for him to go. No chance of being a title contender there.

Bamba, "Hmm, maybe Smart will name a building after me or something. Just wait it out and see how desperate he gets. Plus, definitely wouldn't have to put out so much for him during practice."
Or, "I am just so confused on whether to be THE man at Texas or practice and play with pro's that will take some of the spot light off me."
Or, "Smart knows me from playing for him and he will let me play any way I want. I can have bigger stats. I know the defensive pressure will be much more because of less skilled players around me but I will get to shoot more and not have to worry about team play near as much. I can worry about learning to play team ball in two years."
Or???????

Too much statement for a player who has yet to make a decision and hasn't tipped his hand, and also from an analyst who hasn't a clue.

If Allen wanted to commit to UK, why didn't he? Refresh my memory.

Basically the same reason Cam Johnson didn't: Bolden was Cal's main target & held him off, just like Knox was a higher priority for Cal than Johnson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT