ADVERTISEMENT

Analyst provides latest insight on Bamba, Diallo and other UK .

Hmmm....who else on this forum has said this

“You just don’t know with Mo,” Daniels said. “He’s not doing interviews. He’s not talking. So it’s hard to know his process. He won’t even say publicly that he’s at two schools, but I think that’s where things are.

It’s just hard to predict, because we don’t know his thought process.”

I am hoping and praying we get both. It's nice to know diallo has 9 day s to make a decision but bamba seems like he may wait till the first day of fall classes before he makes a decision. I didn't know that smart coached him on another team.

Reactions: oldlewisville99
If Mo Bamba chooses Texas over UK then he must LOVE Shaka smart. How you pass on playing on the number 1 team with your friends and starting at C on a team that has consistently gotten players into the NBA for 10 win Texas, would truly be a head scratcher.

Hmmm....who else on this forum has said this

“You just don’t know with Mo,” Daniels said. “He’s not doing interviews. He’s not talking. So it’s hard to know his process. He won’t even say publicly that he’s at two schools, but I think that’s where things are.

It’s just hard to predict, because we don’t know his thought process.”

Me, I said it! I'm the greatest basketball recruiting mind in the world!!!! ...no I'm not...and no I didn't say it. But I like big butts and big boobs!

If Mo Bamba chooses Texas over UK then he must LOVE Shaka smart. How you pass on playing on the number 1 team starting at C on a team that has consistently gotten players into the NBA for 10 win Texas, would truly be a head scratcher.

I go back to the lines in Tombstone..."I have lots of friends"...."I don't"....

I stated the above to state; How good of a friend Smart must be for Texas to even be considered a stopping point for Bamba.

If the above is true it is telling how much Bamba has not researched Coach Cal...

If he has researched and knows Cal and Smart equally as well and still cannot make a decision then there is an issue with perks or....smarts...

Reactions: Brando Mac and Jkwo
If Mo Bamba chooses Texas over UK then he must LOVE Shaka smart. How you pass on playing on the number 1 team with your friends and starting at C on a team that has consistently gotten players into the NBA for 10 win Texas, would truly be a head scratcher.

Smart got Allen into a good draft situation.

There are no comparisons between the two programs. I'm just saying if the kid likes Smart that much then I could see where he would think, "I'll go help a coach, whom I really like, get his program to the next level, then declare for the draft after next year."

I'm not saying that's a good decision. But, I could understand the logic if that's what he decides to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: howercat

There are no comparison between the two programs. I'm just saying if the kid likes Smart that much then I could see where he would think, "I'll go help a coach, whom I really like, get his program to the next level, then declare for the draft after next year."

I'm not saying that's a good decision. But, I could understand the logic if that's what he decides to do.
Shaka is going to die slowly in UT. I'll be more than surprised if Mo goes there. Don't forget Jarrett allen wanted to commit to UK

There are no comparison between the two programs. I'm just saying if the kid likes Smart that much then I could see where he would think, "I'll go help a coach, whom I really like, get his program to the next level, then declare for the draft after next year."

I guess, the adage a suckers born every minute comes to mind. I love everybody as Jerry Clower used to state but I'll be dog gone if I let my family do with a lot less to help out an acquaintance... Though it is his decision and we shall see...

Huh? Really?

lol that's why it's not going to happen.

This is so typical. He loves Shaka so he'll keep him in the running to appease Texas and give them some press.

When it's down to business, Bamba will be at UK.

From a timing standpoint, if Bamba chooses UK, you would think he would want to do in time to also register for summer classes considering his reputation to be high on academics. IMO his announcement will come sooner than later.

If Allen wanted to commit to UK, why didn't he? Refresh my memory.
Apparently, cal went all in for bolden sonit kind of pissed him off. When bolden went elsewhere cal tried getting back in with him but it was too late. He would of been that one piece that could of won it all this yr. meanwhile, bolden who also could of helped sat at the end of dukes bench with chase jeter.

I have said all along, Bamba is a different kind of kid and recruit. Thinks outside the box you might say.

I am hoping and praying we get both. It's nice to know diallo has 9 day s to make a decision but bamba seems like he may wait till the first day of fall classes before he makes a decision. I didn't know that smart coached him on another team.
I'm not Cal, so I can't say that he should just *move on* from the drama. Everybody wants Bamba. I'm moving on, though. At some point you've said all that you can say to a recruit. Like Cal says, UK isn't for everybody. And that does NOT mean just talent-wise.

I say Thornwell that late would be a steal .
I really like thornwell. Hell I couldn't hate on the kid when we played him during the regular season. He's a very good leader. I don't think he will be an nba all star, but he will be a solid player for a few years in the nba

If Allen wanted to commit to UK, why didn't he? Refresh my memory.
Apparently, cal went all in for bolden sonit kind of pissed him off. When bolden went elsewhere cal tried getting back in with him but it was too late. He would of been that one piece that could of won it all this yr. meanwhile, bolden who also could of helped sat at the end of dukes bench with chase jeter.
This ^ :100points:

I saw that but numbers in his situation had to come if he just played. When the draft happens i will be anxious to see the result. Not saying he's not good but I will wait to see the result.
I hear that, but I'll bet dollars to donughts that he goes before bam. Not a slight on bam, allens just better

Yeah. Jarrett Allen was either one of the biggest of the VERY FEW Cal misses... or K completely RUINED Bolden. I think it was more about Allen just being the real deal and Bolden being over rated.

Teas might actually win more than 12 games and be a serious contender in the nit if that happens. Look at Missouri
Diallo, Johnson, Bamba. We don't have to get em all, but we can't miss them all. Where did I hear that before?

Kind of makes me trust what he says though, most people "insiders" at least try and make something up to look good.

lol that's true.

Tho at that point if I'm Evan I would have just said I don't know anything and ended the interview lol

Preacher is the king of linking useless articles. Keep doing your thing PT

PT links good stuff. It is a very good service to this site. It takes a lot of time finding those links and then posting them. Many before him did that too. It wears on you after a while and then someone else will take over. I for one an thankful for PT. I can wade through them and pick the good ones a lot easier here than search the internet in places I'd never look anyway. Thanks should be in order, not ridicule. Be Good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT