ADVERTISEMENT

An imposter at UK's practices?

Talk is it will be hard to keep him off the floor very much. Overall bigger than everyone else, he will be a big key with his improvement.

I never would expect Humphries to average 20 points a game, but if UK can get Andrew bogut like stats out of him than UK would be extremely hard to beat...also there is very few teams in the nation that will be able to handle Kentucky's guards for 40 minutes a game, just think John wall and Russell Westbrook in the same backcourt...

Didn't Cal say that Hump was one of the most asked about by NBA scouts after UK's "Pro Day" last year? The scouts already saw the potential. Now it sounds like he is rounding into it.

Reactions: UKvisitor
I've been saying for several months that a sophomore Humphries will be just as good, if not better, than a freshman Bolden. I was basically laughed off the board by some posters, but oh well. There were some posters that agreed with my opinion, though. I think he will average something like 8 and 6 this year, which will be great for us.

Reactions: Jkwo and _Rooster
I never would expect Humphries to average 20 points a game, but if UK can get Andrew bogut like stats out of him than UK would be extremely hard to beat...also there is very few teams in the nation that will be able to handle Kentucky's guards for 40 minutes a game, just think John wall and Russell Westbrook in the same backcourt...
This is exactly what I've been thinking. Excellent observation, sir.

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
He could be but based on what we know,Bolden is he better player with more potential. He's quicker and more athletic and more skilled. The as he case when he was ranked 40 spots higher than Hump when he was in the same class as well. The good thing is that Hump already has a year under his belt which is a great plus. I'd much rather have Bolden and Hump but having just Hump should be good as well. At worst UK will have another big body who has five fouls and more skilled/condition Hump than he was last season

I've been saying for several months that a sophomore Humphries will be just as good, if not better, than a freshman Bolden. I was basically laughed off the board by some posters, but oh well. There were some posters that agreed with my opinion, though. I think he will average something like 8 and 6 this year, which will be great for us.

One thing that might be motivating Humpries is his knowledge on how costly his blunder in the T&Am game affected the season. He wants to make amends and is working on it. My fav player to watch this up coming season.

He could be but based on what we know,Bolden is he better player with more potential. He's quicker and more athletic and more skilled. The as he case when he was ranked 40 spots higher than Hump when he was in the same class as well. The good thing is that Hump already has a year under his belt which is a great plus. I'd much rather have Bolden and Hump but having just Hump should be good as well. At worst UK will have another big body who has five fouls and more skilled/condition Hump than he was last season
I've just never been that big on Bolden. I've always felt he was overrated.

Idk about bolden and I know I will get slammed, but I always felt hump was better than bolden...hump will be a really good player this year for UK, he tore duke up last year in only his third game in college and he was only 17 years old...people get caught up too much in rankings and hype videos...the college game is a completely different monster and I would of took humps experience this year over bolden anyway, I look for hump and bolden to average about the same stats...

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Idk about bolden and I know I will get slammed, but I always felt hump was better than bolden...hump will be a really good player this year for UK, he tore duke up last year in only his third game in college and he was only 17 years old...people get caught up too much in rankings and hype videos...the college game is a completely different monster and I would of took humps experience this year over bolden anyway, I look for hump and bolden to average about the same stats...
This. Hell, to hear some Duke fans tell it (national board), Bolden's game is on par with Bam's. Sounds good, I reckon. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
Why the comparison with Bolden and Humphries? Two different recruit classes. Humphries will preform better at his position this year than Bolden in CBB. If Duke rides Bolden, feeds him their offense, then maybe not. UK is not going to ride Hump for their offense.

Why the comparison with Bolden and Humphries? Two different recruit classes. Humphries will preform better at his position this year than Bolden in CBB. If Duke rides Bolden, feeds him their offense, then maybe not. UK is not going to ride Hump for their offense.
Because a lot of fellow UK fans thought it was the end of the world when we didn't get Bolden, when we already had Humphries. Contrary to popular belief, but us not getting Bolden wasn't a make or break deal for UK. Dude is overrated. People are gonna realize that this season.

If duke feeds their offense thru Bolden, they won't be competing for any titles.

Because a lot of fellow UK fans thought it was the end of the world when we didn't get Bolden, when we already had Humphries. Contrary to popular belief, but us not getting Bolden wasn't a make or break deal for UK. Dude is overrated. People are gonna realize that this season.

I was in the crowd that wanted Bolden. Not because it was make or break for UK, but because he was another big body. For injury sakes or foul trouble sake, it would have been nice to sign him IMO. But you are right, he is not a make or break player

An imposter at UK's practices?

k7fgwbjtxsn9guz7qnze.jpg

I didn't mean it, anybody want a peanut?
You keep saying tthat word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Last edited:
If Giles comes back from this injury playing like he did before this second knee injury, then he will probably be the best big in the nation, his game reminds me a lot of Garnetts..

Debbie Downer says, if Hump is playing 28 minutes a game it means none of our other bigs besides Bam can play worth a hoot down there. Hump is never going to win any foot races and will be exposed in Cal's switch on the pick defensive style. Soooooo... Debbie says she might take Summer Pilgrim over Hump in this one-on-one

It's not the end of the world if he gets beat on a few pick and rolls...hump will be fine, all he needs to do is rebound, block some shots and hit some jumpers with that shot of his...also I got the feeling that he is motivated by the a@m situation last year...

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT