ADVERTISEMENT

American Sniper movie

BlueBomb

All-American
Apr 3, 2009
I'm sure plenty of posters on this board know this, but I didn't.

Last night I was watching the movie American Sniper (for the second time). It's been years since I first saw it, and I don't remember this. There's a scene when the main character returns to the states and is having a drink in a bar before he goes home to his family.

There's a basketball game playing on TV in the background. At one point you hear the announcer say, "Kentucky up by five. Sparks now has seven. We'll be right back."

This might cause someone to say that WCS was a wide receiver in high school, but I'd never heard it before.

Never noticed that! Could you tell what game it was? Wonder if it was from the 05 season with Sparks/Hayes/Rondo, etc.

That team was 1 more veteran guy away from winning the title IMO.

The young core (Rondo, Morris, Crawford, Ramel Bradley) was excellent alongside Sparks/Hayes/Azubuike but they really needed 1 more veteran guy/shooter (Darius Miller type) and that team was a title team.

Never noticed that! Could you tell what game it was? Wonder if it was from the 05 season with Sparks/Hayes/Rondo, etc.

The young core (Rondo, Morris, Crawford, Ramel Bradley) was excellent alongside Sparks/Hayes/Azubuike but they really needed 1 more veteran guy/shooter (Darius Miller type) and that team was a title team.
Not sure, although I need to go back and listen again.

I don't know about winning a championship but, it certainly was a tough-minded bunch. Fun group to watch play.

We hear that one more guy theme a lot through the present

I'm sure plenty of posters on this board know this, but I didn't.

Last night I was watching the movie American Sniper (for the second time). It's been years since I first saw it, and I don't remember this. There's a scene when the main character returns to the states and is having a drink in a bar before he goes home to his family.

There's a basketball game playing on TV in the background. At one point you hear the announcer say, "Kentucky up by five. Sparks now has seven. We'll be right back."

This might cause someone to say that WCS was a wide receiver in high school, but I'd never heard it before.
Thought it was talked about on here before? Maybe somewhere else but i knew that part was in it.. Not sure what I'm into more,, UK bball or guns.. Say it would be guns as i almost have enough money in it to buy a house..

Reactions: UKrazycat2

Really loved that 2005 team.

Even if UK added one more veteran piece, still don't think they would have gotten by UNC in the Final Four/Championship game. UNC handled the Cats pretty routinely in the regular season, and for those who may or may not remember, UNC got one of best whistles during that tournament that I can remember in recent history. Would have been tough to overcome.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Even if UK added one more veteran piece, still don't think they would have gotten by UNC in the Final Four/Championship game. UNC handled the Cats pretty routinely in the regular season, and for those who may or may not remember, UNC got one of best whistles during that tournament that I can remember in recent history. Would have been tough to overcome.

Was it Higgins on the call?

Last night I was watching the old comedy with Kurt Russell called used cars when they were hijacking the game for their commercial. I heard Kentucky 50 Arkansas 40. That's the first time I ever noticed that.

Very funny movie, especially the part "Now wait just a g*dd*mn minute. What the Hell is this ? Is this a 1977 Mercedes 450 SL for $24,000 ? That's too f@#king high !!" and they blow it up !! I bought this movie on iTunes several years ago. One of my all time favorites !! 🤣🤣🤣

Wow only UNC and Duke gets that kinda whistle. 05 UNC was very good but we were playing very well at the end of the year too.

Oh and did you know Wayne Turner got lost while snowmobiling in Alaska?

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I watched a movie not too long ago. Can't recall the name of it but It was set in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky, based on a true story about a Federal Agent who got too close to an informant, had an affair with her then ended up killing her. It happened back in the 80's I believe. Anyway, there were a number of irregularities in the film though.
There was a scene in the druggies home where they were watching a UK/Auburn game from the 80's. it was in Rupp. I looked it up at the time and the game would have been played in Jan/Feb. But outside, the trees were all still green and they were wearing summer like clothes. Sorry, but the Appalachian Mountain region of Kentucky isn't green and lush and warm in Jan/Feb.

They also kept showing these people meeting up in bars. bigger bars, like saloons, but first they'd pop up on the screen the name of the town where they were at. I was curious so I kept looking up some of these places and there were no bars anywhere near the area, much less much anything else resembling a town. and in 1989, the place was likely dry.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I watched a movie not too long ago. Can't recall the name of it but It was set in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky, based on a true story about a Federal Agent who got too close to an informant, had an affair with her then ended up killing her. It happened back in the 80's I believe. Anyway, there were a number of irregularities in the film though.
There was a scene in the druggies home where they were watching a UK/Auburn game from the 80's. it was in Rupp. I looked it up at the time and the game would have been played in Jan/Feb. But outside, the trees were all still green and they were wearing summer like clothes. Sorry, but the Appalachian Mountain region of Kentucky isn't green and lush and warm in Jan/Feb.

They also kept showing these people meeting up in bars. bigger bars, like saloons, but first they'd pop up on the screen the name of the town where they were at. I was curious so I kept looking up some of these places and there were no bars anywhere near the area, much less much anything else resembling a town. and in 1989, the place was likely dry.
Sounds like the book FBI Killer. A lot of people in Pike County don’t think he actually killed her and was a patsy and was set up by the a well known coal family in Pikeville and the political elite that ran EKY back then.

No bars...just honky-tonks and speakeasy's...

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch

Roadhouse!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT