ADVERTISEMENT

All you need to do is look at this board to see...

If you are not a Cal worshipper, why do you care? Did I step on your toes?
I was just pointing out that your entire view is based on what other people think which I think is kind of superficial and delusional. That’s all. Continue on

Reactions: Rockfly78
I was just pointing out that your entire view is based on what other people think which I think is kind of superficial and delusional. That’s all. Continue on
The delusion is that I care about what you think. I don't so keep it moving.

With the portal, NIL and we are still Kentucky. Good coaches will lineup to come here. Can be turned around very quick. With the right hire. It will recover.
I still think this is it for Cal. I know most will disagree and that's fine. I think he steps down at seasons end. It will cost UK a lot. But a mutal buyout will be agreed on. Maybe a third or half of what the buyout is.
He will cite burnout. I don't think he goes to Texas or anywhere else for at least a year. I think he takes a year off and somebody will hire him if he wants to coach again.
I'm guessing nearly everyone associated with the program wants him gone. He isn't stupid he knows this.
Why would he or anyone want to stay at a place where they aren't wanted?
Of course it won't come out to the public this way. UK will say we are very sad to see John go but we understand his wishes and fully support his decision.
He will say how he is forever thankful for the opportunity to coach at the greatest school ever. Everything will be a love fest.
I don’t see them lining up to coach here.

No point guard in Fayetteville and up 4 at half while you eating Fritos from your lazy boy tip tappin away about everything that wrong. LOL.

Reactions: FFWhite
No point guard in Fayetteville and up 4 at half while you eating Fritos from your lazy boy tip tappin away about everything that wrong. LOL.
BEATING A 19-11 TEAM BY 4 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Lol John Calipari lowering expectations since 2016.

There’s 75-100K UK fans up and down Broadway. All in blue. Just a festive time.
You honestly think there are that many UK fans in Nashville knowing they won't get in to see the game?
You are insane or high. Possibly both.

100% agree that excitement is down. But why start this just before he game… trying to be the first to complaining in?
Cal should leave… but he coached a hell if a game today
And if you cant get excited for the tournament and get behind YOUR team. That is a YOU problem.

Reactions: Atrain7732
Just a few short years ago this board would have been alive with excitement and discussions about the final UK regular season game. Scroll down the page and check out the thread topics. It's obvious that the past excitement and joy that usually comes with UK basketball is at a very low point. Maybe even missing altogether. This is also indicative of the fan base as a whole.
It's called a malaise and this is where Calipari has brought the program.
Dead program now man. We no longer have high hopes and in college basketball you have to be really good. For a good big following . The NFL off season and draft will be fun to keep up with.

You know, I can't bring myself to refer to him as "Cal" anymore. To me that seems like a friendly endearing nickname you use toward someone you like and enjoy being around. I've been referring to him as just "Calipari" for the past couple years in my posts here and discussion with other fans and friends.
That might be petty on my part but, it's where I am.
Actually that’s exactly what I do
I haven’t referred to him as “Cal” since the St Pete game
You stated the reason beautifully

And even though I am very pleased with the win and by all accounts I’ve read it was a great game by our team, too much has happened for me to refer to him as anything but Calipari. And I do give him the props for that win, FWIW

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
100% agree that excitement is down. But why start this just before he game… trying to be the first to complaining in?
Cal should leave… but he coached a hell if a game today
And if you cant get excited for the tournament and get behind YOUR team. That is a YOU problem.
Perhaps you are right
I’m still in wait and see mode
I really want to get excited for the tournament
Just don’t want to get hopes up

Whoooie....a lotta folks sounding like me...."remember when????"
Society has changed and sport just mirrors that. Some changes are wonderful...integration for example. Some changes such as "me first" ain't so grand.
In total, the players are far superior top to bottom in lineups. More athletic. Bigger and stronger and faster. The game is different though.

The choice boils down to accept what the game is and enjoy it, or fade away and let a new generation take over.

Cal just said “What do you think about me now bitch?” If you can’t enjoy that go watch cheerleading. They win every year.

Agree and I have zero inside information. But I've followed UK for 50 years. Regardless of a lifetime contract. The losses that he is piling up the past 3 years. Won't fly at UK or any top school.
He knows this. I think it just comes down to at his age does he wanna keep coaching at a place where nearly everyone who counts wants him gone.
You would think that would make one miserable . He has made enough for his great grandkids to live well. Money isnt the be all end all. At some point happiness trumps it for most.
Who are the people that "matter" and want Cal gone?

Cal has turned UK into a brothel. Players come here, get what they want, and get the hell out.
Landscape has changed several times since cal has been here (OAD, portal, NIL). If he had ignored all of them and just recruited 4 year players who just loved Kentucky then do you think we would have had more success? I don’t like how things have changed either. I started watching in the 80s so I know how it used to be. That said, to act like cal is responsible for the changes is silly. He just tried to ride the waves. You win some (OAD) and you lose some (a fair amount of games since the initial OAD thing wore off).

I’m very observant. This is not the coveted job it once was.
This is Kentucky basketball. It’s a very coveted job and according to Forbes magazine is the most valuable basketball program in the country. So you’re observation isn’t in the ball park of being true

This is Kentucky basketball. It’s a very coveted job and according to Forbes magazine is the most valuable basketball program in the country. So you’re observation isn’t in the ball park of being true

No doubt it’s a self supporting profit center, but I don’t see how that translates into people (ie guys on these short lists) wanting to come here.

Let’s see. Donovan turned us down twice. Lit Olson turned us down. Jay wright said no. Barnes wouldn’t have come if we reached out. Stevens isn’t coming. These big names aren’t coming. It will likely be someone young, up and coming.
Donovan wanted an NBA job. Lute Olson turned down UK in the mid 80’s, Jay Wright was born and raised in a town that’s really close to Villanova, etc. There are plenty of good coaches that would want this job. When you’re referencing a coach that turned us down 38 years ago, it’s comical.

Donovan wanted an NBA job. Lute Olson turned down UK in the mid 80’s, Jay Wright was born and raised in a town that’s really close to Villanova, etc. There are plenty of good coaches that would want this job. When you’re referencing a coach that turned us down 38 years ago, it’s comical.
Wait and see, I guess. Cal will be here next season. That much we know.

This board is indicative of the fact that not many people use message boards anymore. And the few left that do skew older and angrier. These things are just relics of a bygone era.
I’ve come to this same conclusion. I’d also bet that 80% of the message volume is probably generated by a group of less than 100 people.

Reactions: DCFseattle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT