ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's Timing in this is all you need to know about Cal.

Yes. The more I think about it. Mitch already has his guy and this was all to save face for all involved. We didn't fire a HOF coach that brought us back from a shathole place, we don't pay the buyout and Cal doesn't get fired from this job, putting him in a much better position with other schools.

If I'm right, it was actually very well played by Mitch. It just couldn't possibly all work out this well for all parties, by coincidence could it?
I agree. This is the best way the scenario could have played out for all...short of it happening a few years ago.

I don't think Mitch will get enough credit for the way this was handled. Also, he's not just operating on his own. He has people to help him with stuff like this. It was handled really well.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Timing is everything. I agree.

Dan Hurley is the #1 target no matter what happens. His AD left to Arizona State I believe. He was planning to renegotiate his contract after this year. The timing to get Hurley is now. If Cal left during the Elite 8, that would put UK at a bind for the coaching lists.

The timing here means we have a higher chance to get Hurley or Oats.

Hurley has stated over and over he is happy at UConn. Oats is the more realistic option

Yes. The more I think about it... Mitch already has his guy and this was all to save face for all involved. We didn't fire a HOF coach that brought us back from a shathole place, we don't pay the buyout and Cal doesn't get fired from this job, putting him in a much better position with other schools.

If I'm right, it was actually very well played by Mitch. It just couldn't possibly all work out this well for all parties, by coincidence could it?
I'm just worried about him (Mitch) hiring Drew. Talk about a thud.

Reactions: seccats04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT