ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Reigelsperger

He just tweeted: After long, long talks with my family..I have decided to re-open my recruitment.. Thank you Stoops and ALL of BBN. #TrustInGodsPlan

See ya later. Not a surprise ..... I hope he enjoys losing at Minnesota
giphy.gif

It's a mutual departure from what I've read, coaches not upset.

He was in place to get Blue hopefully, staff is more than willing to move on.

Leonard Taylor?
Makes sense. UK was the place that they could play together. Alex was not going to get an OSU offer and Blue was sure as hell not going to play at Minnesota. Too bad for all parties that Blue did not hold up his end of the bargain.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
This is a key position. Need to land a good prospect. Alex was an active recruit until just before Blue committed to OSU. Then he seemed to quiet a bit. Wish him well.

Kentucky is currently playing two extremely impressive defensive ends and they are building a history of putting some good defensive end/linebackers in the league. So, you have to imagine that recruits will take notice of that and want to be apart of it. If Alex isn't one of them then so be it.

Kentucky is currently playing two extremely impressive defensive ends and they are building a history of putting some good defensive end/linebackers in the league. So, you have to imagine that recruits will take notice of that and want to be apart of it. If Alex isn't one of them then so be it.

Alex King and Jordon Wright both RS'ing....Paschal is the MAN.

Do we see Boogie maybe moving inside now?

AR wasn't going to see the field for a 3 years.

No hard feelings. Wish him the best. Now let’s go get a better recruit to replace him.
Agreed...with a 5-1 start in our pocket and Alex wanting to look at Minnesota...good for both parties. (If he was as good as Jarren Williams it'd be a different story).

But I'm hoping we can finish with a bang recruiting wise....I'd love to get in on a big time RB, huge tackle on offense and another edge pass rusher to close out this class along with the rest of guys we're coveting.

Alex King and Jordon Wright both RS'ing....Paschal is the MAN.

Do we see Boogie maybe moving inside now?

AR wasn't going to see the field for a 3 years.

I am not sure what kind of an image the staff had for AR. In the 3-4 defense you often have a NT who is over 300 and then you have another DE that is at least 280. That is what we basically have with Carter right now. So, did they want to pump up AR to the 275-280 range or did they want to play him more in that hybrid role that they are giving to Ware/Allen/Paschal?

As for Boogie... not sure. Depends on what Allen or Ware do after this year. If Allen leaves then Boogie takes his spot and we might have Kash Daniel in the middle. Technically Jones could also leave, but he may come back and if so then we have a bit of a problem with Jones and Eli Brown. Still, I think Brown could be rotated with Boogie and they could find room for him. I kind of doubt Daniels will do great in pass coverage, so they may use him and Boogie in the middle so that way they get better coverage in some more obvious passing situations. That would allow most of them to play.

Now, that doesn't answer anything about the new guys that come in. However, everyone usually waits their turn and with high contact positions they might not have to wait long.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Don't count me as being disappointed. I have stated that I didn't think he would see the field for at least 3 years. Denzel Ware, Josh Allen Jordan Wright and Alex King make it tough to see the field. In addition I hope this means we closing in on Chris Oats who is having an absolutely marvelous year. He is 6'4 and has a frame that screams 250.

Last edited:
I am not sure what kind of an image the staff had for AR. In the 3-4 defense you often have a NT who is over 300 and then you have another DE that is at least 280. That is what we basically have with Carter right now. So, did they want to pump up AR to the 275-280 range or did they want to play him more in that hybrid role that they are giving to Ware/Allen/Paschal?

As for Boogie... not sure. Depends on what Allen or Ware do after this year. If Allen leaves then Boogie takes his spot and we might have Kash Daniel in the middle. Technically Jones could also leave, but he may come back and if so then we have a bit of a problem with Jones and Eli Brown. Still, I think Brown could be rotated with Boogie and they could find room for him. I kind of doubt Daniels will do great in pass coverage, so they may use him and Boogie in the middle so that way they get better coverage in some more obvious passing situations. That would allow most of them to play.

Now, that doesn't answer anything about the new guys that come in. However, everyone usually waits their turn and with high contact positions they might not have to wait long.

We have Peters and Square coming in at LB, Hawkins as a DE.

We've not seen this kind of talent and depth at UK since...well forever.

Makes sense. UK was the place that they could play together. Alex was not going to get an OSU offer and Blue was sure as hell not going to play at Minnesota. Too bad for all parties that Blue did not hold up his end of the bargain.
This is unfortunately yet another data point that package deals seldom if ever work out.

Sorry to hear this; good luck to the young man; now let's get somebody as good or better to replace him.

Agreed...with a 5-1 start in our pocket and Alex wanting to look at Minnesota...good for both parties. (If he was as good as Jarren Williams it'd be a different story).

But I'm hoping we can finish with a bang recruiting wise....I'd love to get in on a big time RB, huge tackle on offense and another edge pass rusher to close out this class along with the rest of guys we're coveting.

So, who does Jarren want at that position? (This might be my new question for every new recruit)

He was more valuable when we had a shot at Blue, he seemed so excited about Kentucky, he was a glue guy for this class I hope more don't follow suit.

Anyway, seeing cash is a true sophomore and boogie as redshirt and with all the mike backers that have transferred before the season I would think one of those would is all I’m saying :cheers2:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT