ADVERTISEMENT

Aerosmith is retiring from the road

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Tyler's voice is evidently shot beyond recovery.

Once billed as America's Rolling Stones, I never saw the resemblance, musically anyway. Tyler has a better voice perhaps, but Jagger has more nuance (or did) and variation. Like Stones guitar work better although it may not be technically as proficient. Aerosmith music has no subtlety to me. Charlie Watts style gave The Stones a bit of swing to their music that Aerosmith's music lacks, imo.

Stones musically are infinitely more to my taste. Can't say there are more than a couple of Aerosmith songs I can truthfully say I like. The 'roll' part of Aerosmith never clicked for me. Never had an underlying swing to their music. I've seen live performances on TV and concert movies but they didn't really impress me on stage. Tyler's mannerisms seem forced too often, like he's going through the motions to meet audience expectations.

They deserve their place in RnR history, just never liked much of their music. I know their fans are disappointed they have to hang it up.

I bought Toys In The Attic the week it came out. Loved it but I was only 15. No interest since.

I think they’re supremely overrated. I will never forgive them for WALK THIS WAY…horrid abomination of music. They all got rich, so good for them. Yuck tho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT