ADVERTISEMENT

Adou to Arkansas

How can you so easily see it now when he didn't occur last season? Those two options were fully available to him and he chose not to do. Cal will never do anything close to admitting that he was wrong.
I can see Calipari doing that in an attempt to play an old-school big lineup because that is the way he has played at UK and the way he still wants to play. He’ll then try to sell it as an NBA “positionless” thing.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Several posters on this board overrated Adou IMO. At best, he's a fringe NBA prospect. Maybe he realized that and decided to optimize his NIL $$ with the University of Tyson.
I think you are spot on. It has to be about the NIL dollars because he certainly can't believe that Cal has the ability to develop him into an NBA prospect riding the bench.

lol, going back to play for the same system his dad constantly complained about
I admit that I am not in the know about many things but the only place that I heard about problems with Adou and Cal, Adous' father and Cal, was on this site.

Cal will make him come off the bench, why wouldn’t he go to a school where he would’ve started?

This is the nonsense that makes me chuckle

While healthy, adou started every game this year.

The revisionist history of those afflicted with CDS is incomprehensible.

There was clearly something else going on here. I don't know if it was a UK problem.. but it sure seems the issues between Cal and Adou (and in general, the rest of the team) have been overblown.

Adou isn't going to Arkansas if he had any problems with Cal. Full stop.

Could the NIL issues have maybe NOT been Cal's fault?
Nope, Cal is the one who pushed every single large donor away from him. They didn’t stop giving to UK because they all the sudden weren’t fans anymore. His act was old.

None of Cals players care about UK after like 2017 I think. Haven’t seen many. Maybe like Reeves, Reed, and Oscar. Most of em seem to be Calipari U guys.
How can you tell? Do you just pick out the ones you like and say they are about UK? Or do you have a mathematical equation that you use?

PG - Boogie Fland
SGp Johnell Davis (their only shooter)
SF - Richmond/Knox
PF - Theiro
C - Aidoo/Ivisic

I think it's inevitable DJ Wagner is coming on board....adn they'll add another PF (could be Burks for all we know)

Coached by genius of Cal, Payne, Chin, Chuck Martin adn good old Brad.

So lets take a look.

1. No offensive mind on that coaching staff
2. Not a ton of spacing
3. Have no idea why Big Z goes there to be recruited over
4. Freshman will be showcased over you

Good luck with that....we've been there done that many times.
Another great lineup on paper that will lose 10 games because of the issues you laid out. That’s assuming Davis isn’t trying to get a 2nd round guarantee right now. Man I hope he does, that would be sweet karma.

easy..........$ talks & Tyson must have plenty.
guess I'll be buying their competitors as all this NIL $ will make the cost rise
I don’t think I’ve ever bought Tyson branded chicken before. I’m sure they sell or package for other brands I’m not aware of but I shop at Aldi and get other brands or Kroger brand stuff.

This thread is gold. The sheep have been fed tons of s$it from their local media.

Trouble understanding how the best recruiter ever in college basketball is about to land the best transfer portal class in the country. How can that happen? Cal only recruits 5 stars and can't build a roster with transfers. Well, he only signed three HS 5 stars and the rest top level portal guys.

How could Thiero have done this? Maybe all the made up excuses your media guys told you were not accurate? Don't be sheep.

How many excuses for missing transfers are you believing right now? Transfer X wanted to come but he was told he would have to compete for minutes (that's always a good one that every homer media guy regurgitates to keep the sheep happy about losing out on a commit.) Didn't qualify academically? Other school offered a big bag? Staff did their research and found some character issues. That's one of my favs because of course your coaches are only bringing in the highest quality players! Go across every message board in the country and the media guys feed the same bulls$it to their sheep. Sheep don't want to hear our new coach is boring AF and can't recruit.

You still think it's about the fans and the school. It's about the coach. Good luck with your no name coach and all the 3 star level transfers. You got none of the top transfers or HS players on campus for visits under Coach No Name and the ones that you did said not interested.
I seriously can’t wait for you all to lose 10 games and win nothing. It’s coming, you just don’t know it.

Reactions: ukfan041
I don’t think I’ve ever bought Tyson branded chicken before. I’m sure they sell or package for other brands I’m not aware of but I shop at Aldi and get other brands or Kroger brand stuff.

They do sell retail, but also supply a lot of restaurants. So even if you didn’t buy a bag, you’ve had it for sure. There’s only like 3 large chicken producers anyway, and they’re one of them.

Just because Adou is Arky's gain it really does not mean he is our loss. Cal saw talent in the 3*/4* the Combo Guard out of HS, had the family connection, and then literally watched him grow into a SF/PF. He has skills, just a bad camp that inflates his worth in his own head. He will actually do better in a more traditional offense (assuming that is what the BradCal "Earned Note Given" O will be) vs. Welch's.

He played the field and realized his services were not as $ought after as his pop thought they would be. Good (not great) get for Arky. Will be fun seeing those boys come into Rupp against men of Kentucky. Seriously, best of luck Adou!

Would not be shocked to see Onyenso end up calling the hogs (yuck) if things do not go all hat well at the G League Elite Camp.

Remember, the more '24-'25 Arky resembles the '22-'23 & '23-'24 Cats the better for us!

The butthurt in this thread will certainly give the FET thread at Hogville.net some nice material!
I hope UGo goes there, they can be the new 21 feet of suck.

• Haha
Reactions: TX-Wildcat
They do sell retail, but also supply a lot of restaurants. So even if you didn’t buy a bag, you’ve had it for sure. There’s only like 3 large chicken producers anyway, and they’re one of them.
I figured so, like most everything else. They don’t become that rich with a lot of competition.

Yea, only cus you've signed like 8 players. Your average player rating is about 20th.
Ok and… what’s your point? You do recall last year we had the best guards in college basketball with many of the same guys you all just signed. So what makes you think that they will do better than lose 10 games, finish 2-4 in the SEC with 2 first round losses? I’d like to hear this. This without nearly the shooting we had, nobody is Dillingham or Sheppard on that team now, and the guy who made the offense is gone. Replaced with Brad Calipari. Please explain this to us since we obviously have no clue how Calipari coaches or recruits.

Look, whether UK fans like it or not Cal always assembled a talented roster here and he will assemble a talented roster at Arky. The question was always how the pieces fit together and how they were coached. He won't be playing mostly freshmen next year so maybe they'll look better coached but with Cal you never know. Will he play the right players in the right combinations? Davis can score but Cal is liable to put him on the floor with 4 guys that can't shoot. I'm glad Arkansas is now the one that has to worry about whether or not the talent is enough to overcome the coaching.

How can you tell? Do you just pick out the ones you like and say they are about UK? Or do you have a mathematical equation that you use?
I can tell by their comments after Cal left, and how many bailed to go with him right away. Obviously I don’t know all of them, but the vast majority were here for him and nothing else.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
I think his team looks pretty strong . I am guessing it will only get better.
Okay well why don’t you just go buy you a nice Arkansas jersey and find out. It seems like you like Cal more than UK anyway. You don’t think our rosters looked similar the last 5 years? Over the course of his tenure? What happened the last 10 years? Not as strong as you think or because he has to actually try to coach too?

With all due respect, it seems like some (many?) are a bit torn up about Adou, and can’t seem to move on from him.

This thread is right at 200 posts and I don’t understand why.

He’s gone, and won’t be back. Ever!

Reactions: WeWant9
Back spasms or not, when a game is on the line Adou will be on the bench so some Freshman he has can brick shots.
In the year of putting people on blast who are fake and lying.....Adou had back spasms like I have the talent of Michael Jordan. That was total BS. Worst part was at least SELL it like you are injured and don't be leaping and going up/down from the bench to cheer when you apparently are so battered you can't compete. It's just embarrassing the levels of chaos that were going on behind the scenes with this program for far too long. Adou was a nice player but his Dad is insane and Cal is just a cuckold at this point to anything/anyone who can make his job easier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT