ADVERTISEMENT

Adou to Arkansas

And you are on a Kentucky board trying to prove to us that you guys are so great, what does that tell ya?. You're portal rank is 2 spots above Kentucky lol Typical Arkansas trash
Yea, only cus you've signed like 8 players. Your average player rating is about 20th.

This one is so weird to me. He and his dad were clearly unhappy, he entered the portal before Cal left UK, everyone thought he was headed to UNC or Pitt and now he ends up at Arkansas.

Strange situation.
I think it’s as simple as Arkansas needs quality bodies and they don’t seem to be getting many so Kal probably offered a ton more money than UNC or Pitt. He’s got a lot of work to do before he can even consider the nba so he probably took the sure money. Although it’s funny espn says he’s a projected first round pick next year on the ticker. 😂

He was not a fit. We loved him and he will always be a Cat but simply he didn’t shoot it well enough.

Go Cats!

This thread is gold. The sheep have been fed tons of s$it from their local media.

Trouble understanding how the best recruiter ever in college basketball is about to land the best transfer portal class in the country. How can that happen? Cal only recruits 5 stars and can't build a roster with transfers. Well, he only signed three HS 5 stars and the rest top level portal guys.

How could Thiero have done this? Maybe all the made up excuses your media guys told you were not accurate? Don't be sheep.

How many excuses for missing transfers are you believing right now? Transfer X wanted to come but he was told he would have to compete for minutes (that's always a good one that every homer media guy regurgitates to keep the sheep happy about losing out on a commit.) Didn't qualify academically? Other school offered a big bag? Staff did their research and found some character issues. That's one of my favs because of course your coaches are only bringing in the highest quality players! Go across every message board in the country and the media guys feed the same bulls$it to their sheep. Sheep don't want to hear our new coach is boring AF and can't recruit.

You still think it's about the fans and the school. It's about the coach. Good luck with your no name coach and all the 3 star level transfers. You got none of the top transfers or HS players on campus for visits under Coach No Name and the ones that you did said not interested.
What school are you a fan of?

I think it’s as simple as Arkansas needs quality bodies and they don’t seem to be getting many so Kal probably offered a ton more money than UNC or Pitt. He’s got a lot of work to do before he can even consider the nba so he probably took the sure money. Although it’s funny espn says he’s a projected first round pick next year on the ticker. 😂
I believe DJ, Bradshaw, and Edwards were projected first round picks? Where are they now? Edwards will be lucky to get a second round call.

This thread is gold. The sheep have been fed tons of s$it from their local media.

Trouble understanding how the best recruiter ever in college basketball is about to land the best transfer portal class in the country. How can that happen? Cal only recruits 5 stars and can't build a roster with transfers. Well, he only signed three HS 5 stars and the rest top level portal guys.

How could Thiero have done this? Maybe all the made up excuses your media guys told you were not accurate? Don't be sheep.

How many excuses for missing transfers are you believing right now? Transfer X wanted to come but he was told he would have to compete for minutes (that's always a good one that every homer media guy regurgitates to keep the sheep happy about losing out on a commit.) Didn't qualify academically? Other school offered a big bag? Staff did their research and found some character issues. That's one of my favs because of course your coaches are only bringing in the highest quality players! Go across every message board in the country and the media guys feed the same bulls$it to their sheep. Sheep don't want to hear our new coach is boring AF and can't recruit.

You still think it's about the fans and the school. It's about the coach. Good luck with your no name coach and all the 3 star level transfers. You got none of the top transfers or HS players on campus for visits under Coach No Name and the ones that you did said not interested.
Yeah it only took your Cal offering to give insane amounts of cash to get guys to go to Arkanasass and even then he is having a pretty big failure rate retaining who he was assured to almost getting at UK. He lost Smith to Ricky, JQ, Wagner so far etc. such a sure thing if he wants the recruit huh?

Can’t fix stupid.
It is obvious that UNC nor Pitt were willing to pay him much, so his only option was to crawl back to daddy cal. Cal will certainly punish him next season for hitting the portal while Cal was still at Kentucky.

Reactions: Warf2012
It is obvious that UNC nor Pitt were willing to pay him much, so his only option was to crawl back to daddy cal. Cal will certainly punish him next season for hitting the portal while Cal was still at Kentucky.
Cal University, where draft night and cash is King.

Yeah it only took your Cal offering to give insane amounts of cash to get guys to go to Arkanasass and even then he is having a pretty big failure rate retaining who he was assured to almost getting at UK. He lost Smith to Ricky, JQ, Wagner so far etc. such a sure thing if he wants the recruit huh?
It doesn't matter who Arkansas signs as long as Hal is still coaching them.

Reactions: Warf2012
UNC Coach was like YO I went all the way to Lexington and bought you a steak dinner come on Adou 😆
the aviator steak GIF

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
It's rich to see folks come out of the woodwork talking about excuses when that's all they've been able to make since joining the SEC. Their winningest coach of all time doesn't even have a .380 winning percentage against the program with the greatest tradition of all time. What's that excuse? Their fan following was supposed to be something to see - but we're still trying to see them in CATlanta, CATSville or any other place outside of Arkansas they play. What's the excuse for not being able to find Hog fans at any venue UK plays? They have desperately tried to be relevant since 1994. What's the excuse?

Cal became the greatest recruiter while of all time while at UK. Heck, he said himself - "I came here because I can recruit the best of the best. This has been a dream of mine." That was in 2009 because he could sell the biggest brand in the sport. Didn't hear any of that last month. What's that excuse?

Cal did really good things for a while here. It was past time for him to move on. He even says it. Finally. But remember - you're getting a coach that gave UK its worst five year run in modern history - and you're happy. [laughing] Laugh at our "no name coach" all you want. The brand and the program make the coach. We've got five different national title winning coaches to prove the point...

You still think it's about the fans and the school. It's about the coach. Good luck with your no name coach and all the 3 star level transfers. You got none of the top transfers or HS players on campus for visits under Coach No Name and the ones that you did said not interested. Red
Enjoy Cal for now , Pig-Sooie, you’ll be having the same complaints we had the last 5 years of Cal’s tenure. The man is stubborn, he will not change if it means admitting he’s wrong and the fanbase is right.

Last edited:
Always appreciated Adou's effort. Not the best player, but a strong, fearless player. It's a money decision, along with being a "Cal" legacy. But Cal's ending up with several players from last years team minus Reeves, Sheppard,and Dilly. AND Edwards. I'd say all 4 will be drafted. That's a huge minus from last year's team that lost 11 games. 3 of them are pretty much irreplaceable. Although Davis is a big pickup. But I'm not seeing a juggernaut atm. We'll see.

Reactions: TX-Wildcat
And you are on a Kentucky board trying to prove to us that you guys are so great, what does that tell ya?. You're portal rank is 2 spots above Kentucky lol Typical Arkansas trash
They cant help it. They know the shitstorm is gonna happen but they can't help it, they have to try to convince themselves that it's all going to be okay.
That cloud you see approaching Hogtown left Lexington the second he did.

Definitely wish we could have retained at least one player from last year. Guessing, as others have said, DJ joins him this week.

Otherwise, I think we would be wise to prepare for Arkansas being very good next year with a rejuvenated Cal. Could we be better and beat them? Sure. But I’m not going to act like Arkansas and Cal won’t be a major threat next year. I wish them well and hope we beat the heck out of them in both the regular season and postseason.

Hope the guy succeeds. He always gave it all.
The Cal/ Arkansas/ Dad things...

These guys have a 3 letter dream...NBA.
Whether we liked the end results as a college or not, John Calipari has put more guys in some level of pro ball than anybody. Doesn't mean I like it, doesn't mean any fan likes it. It is what it is. Nobody ever went broke selling snake oil.
Just hope some of these kids don't see shattered dreams too quick.

Good luck to all of em.
It's not what the Kentucky brand is about going forward.

Ignore this idiot.

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

Obvious who this is based on the thread, but if we got a rising Jr. transfer with these stats most here would be yawning over the depth add. His motor is constant and he will play well when Cal plays him. Good role-player get for Porky, but not necessarily a loss for UK.

Reactions: catben
I think you have a large enough sample size of Hal's work to know he isn't going to do a flipping thing with either player. They will ride the bench behind players Kal has made promises to.
Oh, I can definitely see Calipari trying to play Big Z at PF and Theiro at SF (not ahead of Knox, of course).

Definitely wish we could have retained at least one player from last year. Guessing, as others have said, DJ joins him this week.

Otherwise, I think we would be wise to prepare for Arkansas being very good next year with a rejuvenated Cal. Could we be better and beat them? Sure. But I’m not going to act like Arkansas and Cal won’t be a major threat next year. I wish them well and hope we beat the heck out of them in both the regular season and postseason.
Would have loved to keep any of Shep/Adou/Big Z. Get to see how they’d do under a real coach. Oh well

Oh, I can definitely see Calipari trying to play Big Z at PF and Theiro at SF (not ahead of Knox, of course).
How can you so easily see it now when he didn't do it last season? Those two options were fully available to him and he chose not to do. Cal will never do anything close to admitting that he was wrong.

Last edited:
UConn won back to back with a bunch of 4 and 3 stars .
A team of 4 and 3 star players that is well coached and runs a system will beat Calsboys. We are witness to it. We have seen it happen.
No in game adjustments, no scouting, no plan at all...just throw the ball out and go make a play.
Thank goodness he's gone. Let him roll around with the swine. He's their problem now.

Only two players I really wanted back where Adou and Z. Both players loved by the fanbase and cal given a hard time over their use and Lack thereof. Watching both to go play for him at a competing SEC school makes me lose a bit of respect for them both. Sad actually.

Reactions: susan2361
I liked Ivisic, too. But I got tired of watching a player his size get pushed around under the basket. That is not going to change

Solid rotational piece. His best basketball is definitely in front of him. How much better can he be than he is now though is the question.

Several posters on this board overrated Adou IMO. At best, he's a fringe NBA prospect. Maybe he realized that and decided to optimize his NIL $$ with the University of Tyson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT