ADVERTISEMENT

Add Teague to the list

When Cal retires they will regret saying that shit
Nah. Most weren’t all in with UK. Cal is silently asking for them to endorse him. This is why they are doing it. Trying to make UK look bad. Plus NBA or former NBA guys make it look like the more “elite” players are with Cal. That shit will wear out soon.

Plus, they would feel some sort of guilt for not doing it because Cal probably makes them feel like they owe him something.

Each one of these players that come out with crap like this is gone to me.
This right here loved these players when they played for us but man when they come out and say stupid crap like this. They’re gone to me too we just have time for crap like this right now. I mean haven’t they been watching the same crap we have since 2019… Cal basically retired on the job after being handed that lucrative lifetime contract. Cal got LAZY…..

My thoughts too.

I understand these guys have love for Calipari. That makes sense. But they’re being ignorant about it all.
I echo that. I listened to the clip and think it was just a case of appreciating Cal more than wanting to throw shade. But between him and Boogie, not sure why it's so hard to resist the put down while doing so.

Honestly, he said it best himself during the lockout scrimmages:

"WE IS KENTUCKY, WE GIVE NO F***'s".

It's not only about Cal. We'll be fine.

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodXx
The delusion is crazy lol. You just hired Mark Pope. 🤣🤣🤣

No one cares about titles won when there were only 8 teams in the tourney. Win one game against Holy Cross and you're in the final 4 lol.

Kids care about modern accomplishments. Hiring Mark Pope should tell you all you need to know about your place in today's college basketball. Before you try to tell me who Tennessee is as a bball program, trust me I already know; we don't even care about basketball and we have a better program right now. The problem with yall is your denial with where UKs program is in today's landscape. Mark Pope🤣🤣. The rest of cbb is laughing. Even if he could be good down the road you will run him out of town after 2 years of mediocrity bc of unrealistic expectations (bc by God were Kentucky! 🤣).
That has to be the funniest thing I’ve read lately
Bless your heart

Run along little one and let the adults talk
You can come back when Tennessee makes it past the elite 8, mmmkay?
Hell Barnes couldn’t win a title with Kevin freaking Durant

Each one of these players that come out with crap like this is gone to me.
As others have suggested, i dont blame the players — this attitude was cultivated from recruiting day 1 — and was there for all to see who could see it — its just that many of us didnt want to believe what we were seeing and hearing…

And the fans who were telling us about it, were marginalized and attacked as not “true UK fans”

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
This is not meant to be reactionary and isn't even on point, but Teague is somewhat of an example of Calipari's OAD problem. UK brought a freshman Teague in as the only PG on the roster. No competition. Teague was a good freshman basketball player, but he wasn't good enough as a freshman to be the starting PG at UK. He got better by the end, but during that season he was generally the weak spot on that team.

UK should have had an experienced PG in place, and Teague should have helped man the position off the bench. Was it just poor planning or was it intentional to spotlight freshmen OAD for the draft? After all these years it seems clear that it was the latter. Yeah, it's hard to argue with a championship, and he was obviously good enough to get the job done in concert with the other guys. But I still say he wasn't good enough to be handed the starting PG spot at UK - maybe Memphis or other places, but not UK. And that kind of roster building could have cost UK the only title Calipari had AND I believe did cost UK championships thereafter.
Agreed x 100

Reactions: G-PIP
They will come around. Young. Don’t like their guy gone just like kids getting a new step dad.
Once they meet CMP they will accept him.

Reactions: Bluegrassking
It's obvious Cal never preached to our players the importance of UK legacy and history.

Yet another reason I'm glad he's gone.
And the crazy azz thing is that it wouldnt have required much effort from Kal to teach a lil’ respect and gratitude from the players regarding UK’s traditions, and fan loyalties…

A totally self-inflicted, unnecessary wound…

Last edited:
It's obvious Cal never preached to our players the importance of UK legacy and history.

Yet another reason I'm glad he's gone.

Absolutely. It used to drive me nuts but I knew he’d do this. When he left Memphis many of my friends were totally caught off guard that he had the Memphis players all pumping Kentucky. Calipari is a pos. He doesn’t care about anything but himself and never has. One of my good friends played for Calipari and has reached out several times. Calipari will not contact him and there is no reason for it other than he didn’t make it in the NBA. He regrets picking Calipari over several SEC programs today.

Calipari doesn’t care about any of these players. They are a means to an end, but he’s a master manipulator and marketer. Many of these players will find out soon that he used them up and there’s nothing else to it. They think he cares because he doesn’t hold them back from going pro that’s his method. But even that was a recruiting tool.

Nobody, NOBODY, that knows who Calipari really is likes the guy. But many of his players can’t read past a 4th grade level and thus, he’s able to do this.

Just look at the alumni fan revolt Memphis did when the president wanted to bring him back. This is why.

No one cares about titles won when there were only 8 teams in the tourney. Win one game against Holy Cross and you're in the final 4 lol.

Kids care about modern accomplishments. Hiring Mark Pope should tell you all you need to know about your place in today's college basketball. Before you try to tell me who Tennessee is as a bball program, trust me I already know; we don't even care about basketball and we have a better program right now. The problem with yall is your denial with where UKs program is in today's landscape. Mark Pope🤣🤣. The rest of cbb is laughing. Even if he could be good down the road you will run him out of town after 2 years of mediocrity bc of unrealistic expectations (bc by God were Kentucky! 🤣).
What has the Vols done in football lately? Have they even been in the playoffs? I know Tennessee fans think they are one of the top programs for football but they aren’t. As far as basketball the only banners you have is for girl’s basketball.

Even John Wall, who is mature, and has voiced his support for UK post-Cal, say things like “the championshipSSSSSS Cal won”. Of course, Cal also says he won “championshipSSS”.

The legend of Cal is so much bigger than the reality of Cal, which will ultimately be summed up as a coach who did less with more talent. He won 1 single championship in 15 years at UK.

Still celebrating here, too, Blazer ! ! !
My first year at school was 96 and I partied and celebrated with these guys and I can tell you Pope has championship DNA pumping through his veins. When Pitino said I'll help and still sees him as his son/player you know it's ON.
Pope still remembers all of those sets your body doesn't forget something you have done thousands of times, and he will still listen carefully to the advice of coach p, and he still calls him Coach when they talk.
Again this is untouchables blood. That's alien monster DNA you know what that team did to its victims o dear......

Reactions: FltDoc
I'm not entirely sure why anyone is shocked by these guys taking their coaches side in this stuff. He put them first and made them millionaires, of course they're going to be loyal to him

Agree. It is similar with Mashburn. How often do you see him around program? But he had his son off and playing with baby Pitino.

I do find it funny that League said he didn't know about UK...lol, calling BS on that...he grew up in Indy.

Reactions: coachcombs57
Even John Wall, who is mature, and has voiced his support for UK post-Cal, say things like “the championshipSSSSSS Cal won”. Of course, Cal also says he won “championshipSSS”.

The legend of Cal is so much bigger than the reality of Cal, which will ultimately be summed up as a coach who did less with more talent. He won 1 single championship in 15 years at UK.

Yes the legend of Calipari is one thing, the reality of Calipari is another.

This is not meant to be reactionary and isn't even on point, but Teague is somewhat of an example of Calipari's OAD problem. UK brought a freshman Teague in as the only PG on the roster. No competition. Teague was a good freshman basketball player, but he wasn't good enough as a freshman to be the starting PG at UK. He got better by the end, but during that season he was generally the weak spot on that team.

UK should have had an experienced PG in place, and Teague should have helped man the position off the bench. Was it just poor planning or was it intentional to spotlight freshmen OAD for the draft? After all these years it seems clear that it was the latter. Yeah, it's hard to argue with a championship, and he was obviously good enough to get the job done in concert with the other guys. But I still say he wasn't good enough to be handed the starting PG spot at UK - maybe Memphis or other places, but not UK. And that kind of roster building could have cost UK the only title Calipari had AND I believe did cost UK championships thereafter.
Spot on. And let’s not forget, without an NBA lockout, Calipari has ZERO titles at UK. Also he doesn’t have any without a SENIOR Darius Miller. People used to argue this “but without his players” and yea we all get that. It doesn’t change the fact that if it were not for the fact he was gifted a senior Darius Miller, who he probably wouldn not have had if he had been the guy in charge when Miller came in, there is no 2012 championship.

Calipari’s lone title in history came because of a senior he didn’t recruit and an NBA lockout outside of his control. Meaning if Calipari had HIS WAY his entire tenure, he’s known as a total bush and probably the worst coach in modern history. And I know that reality eats at him today.

Spot on. And let’s not forget, without an NBA lockout, Calipari has ZERO titles at UK. Also he doesn’t have any without a SENIOR Darius Miller. People used to argue this “but without his players” and yea we all get that. It doesn’t change the fact that if it were not for the fact he was gifted a senior Darius Miller, who he probably wouldn not have had if he had been the guy in charge when Miller came in, there is no 2012 championship.

Calipari’s lone title in history came because of a senior he didn’t recruit and an NBA lockout outside of his control. Meaning if Calipari had HIS WAY his entire tenure, he’s known as a total bush and probably the worst coach in modern history. And I know that reality eats at him today.
10000000000000000000000000000000% CORRECT!!!!!!
It takes someone who has very carefully observed analyzed and understood this entire thing to understand these facts, Iv said this too!!!!!!!
It's really not his title he will NEVER be that lucky again.

Reactions: RaginRondo
10000000000000000000000000000000% CORRECT!!!!!!
It takes someone who has very carefully observed analyzed and understood this entire thing to understand these facts, Iv said this too!!!!!!!
It's really not his title he will NEVER be that lucky again.

I want him to make sure and look at the banner in the rafters, and the color of that ring on his finger, and remember the fact that he’s selling a KENTUCKY TITLE to all of his Arkansas recruits.

Without UK the guy is nothing.

• Love
Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96

People forget about Miller... but he had veins full of ice... just at the right times....

Spot on,... without Miller UK would have had several more losses, a different path to the Final Four, and who knows the ultimate outcome, but I suspect no Title....

I want him to make sure and look at the banner in the rafters, and the color of that ring on his finger, and remember the fact that he’s selling a KENTUCKY TITLE to all of his Arkansas recruits.

He thinks he's selling a "method"; i.e. kids first, living out their dreams.... and somehow backing into "success"...

His definition of success, and UK's were miles apart. Maybe not for Arkansas ??

Anyone who is waiting for one of Kentucky's former players, who played under Calipari, to throw Cal under the bus in favor of the university is not thinking clearly. It's not gonna happen. Remember what they were taught from day 1... "It's all about you getting to the NBA, and as soon as you get the chance, you must get out of Kentucky." He never taught them to have allegiance to the University of Kentucky. Their allegiance is to Cal and to themselves.

You just cannot argue the FACT he never would have won that title without Darius Miller and he also never would have recruited him or even developed him if he had.
That team had the exact ingredient none of his other teams have. No matter how many freshmen you try.

Reactions: FltDoc
I don't stress about this. They are just sticking up for their old coach. Some of them will come around and they aren't going to be hanging out at Arkansas. They're Cats and always will be. After a few years they'll be poping up as the 'Y' at home games and everything will be forgotten.

At the time we needed Cal. So the question is did UK need Cal more, or did Cal need UK more?
UK was more successful without Cal from early 90’s-2009, than he was. Now if we can do the same from now until he retires, thst will just further confirm the truth.

What did John Calipari do for Marquis Teague's career? He pushed Teague through here after only 1 year when Teague wasn't even close to being NBA ready. And now no one ever hears the name Marquis Teague anymore. Same with Daniel Orton, James Young, Archie Goodwin, ect .ect.

Reactions: MbergCat
Just let them be borderline retarded. Not gonna bash former players, especially those that actually won a title.

I'm not entirely sure why anyone is shocked by these guys taking their coaches side in this stuff. He put them first and made them millionaires, of course they're going to be loyal to him
It done thing to support your coach, it’s another to drag the school you played for and act like that coach made it. This isn’t Memphis.

Reactions: catben
Teague has always had an interesting mindset . He’s said that he wishes he went to another school where he could score more even though he won a title here .

I don’t hate any of these players but they act like UK ball started during the Billy Gillispie era
Then Teague is just a moron. Like I said when we have a 2012 reunion we should only invite the players who don’t talk crap and appreciated their time here. Teague can go to an Arkansas game for all I care.

Reactions: shaudyshaud

I know right! Tennessee can’t even claim their old titles. Oh wait they don’t have any… ahahaha. Now go back to your little meth head trailer park while the adults talk. You can now go about your usual business thinking that your Football team matters only to go 6-6 again. Guess Kentucky means more because will we finish ahead of you again even though you all care and have such an elite program.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT