ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Silver on call with NBA players today

Did he ask if any of these divas might be willing to donate part of their sit-at-home salaries to the millions of fans who have had their small businesses shut down and are weekly filing for bankruptcy?

I could give a damn about the NBA right now.
And you don’t know who has donated but keep making assumptions because it makes you feel big.

Did he ask if any of these divas might be willing to donate part of their sit-at-home salaries to the millions of fans who have had their small businesses shut down and are weekly filing for bankruptcy?

I could give a damn about the NBA right now.
Of course not. Now loud mouth Lebro twitting how blacks are being hunted down and murdered. All that SOB has ever done is bounce a ball, never had a real job. I hate the NBA. I am going back to baseball.

Reactions: ARF92
This OP in this thread is about the players, is it not? Was the tweet about the players? On the basis of the OP, I addressed the players. I don't think it's lazy to assert that members of the entertainment industry are living outside reality right now; and yes, it was critical; and yes, it was general.

Yet, you swooped in and attempted to create an either/or framework for my comments. I expanded my point when you asked for more. You call that "walking it back." Yet, was it "dumb" and "lazy" that your first point didn't attribute any of the charitable donations owners are giving toward their communities right now? You wrote "the owners" and not "some" of the owners. That's pretty all encompassing. Why did you not give those owners their due credit, Gonzo?

Seems kinda unbalanced to me, if we use your basis for what constitutes an appropriate and fair criticism.

You'd be a lot better off with a "my bad" than a thesis, especially since you didn't answer my question.

I swooped in because your take was weak and beneath someone as smart as you are. Yes, the thread is about the players, but you're plenty smart enough to know the difference in the OP and what you posted.

I've got zero interest in your exhausting semantics game. If you won't own it, don't. I made my point in the very first reply.

gO1UMP93.jpeg

LeBron James helped more people this year than you'll ever help in your life. Stop telling on yourself.

People crying like hurt little girls over LeBron crack me up. Yeah, the dude has helped more people than everyone on this board combined. Married his high school sweetheart. Never had the slightest hint of trouble/scandal. Sure, LeBron has his opinions on things. We all do. It's no big deal, but some people can't handle it.

If they play again this year, I'm gonna laugh at scores in the 50s, oxygen masks on the benches, terrible shooting, and fights just to blow off frustration. Should be fun for a while until they get back in shape. The sneaker sqeeking will be really loud!
You know there is going to be a minimum three-week training camp before the season resumes, right?

You'd be a lot better off with a "my bad" than a thesis, especially since you didn't answer my question.

I swooped in because your take was weak and beneath someone as smart as you are. Yes, the thread is about the players, but you're plenty smart enough to know the difference in the OP and what you posted.

I've got zero interest in your exhausting semantics game. If you won't own it, don't. I made my point in the very first reply.

1. Call someone's point in to question. 2. When they call out the lack of consistency in your own argument - your disregard for generalities on one end ( yours regarding the owners), and your disdain for generalities on the other (mine regarding the players) - label their response methodology "exhausting." 3. Negate the basic fact that the thread was originally about the players, and not the owners.

Got it.

1. Call someone's point in to question. 2. When they call out the lack of consistency in your own argument - your disregard for generalities on one end ( yours regarding the owners), and your disdain for generalities on the other (mine regarding the players) - label their response methodology "exhausting." 3. Negate the basic fact that the thread was originally about the players, and not the owners.

Got it.

Apparently not.

It isn't a disregard for generalities. You didn't speak in general terms. You picked one specific group to target. If you had spoken in generalities I wouldn't have said a thing.

I also didn't say that no owners had. I just said that you should direct your point towards the owners.

Do you see how stupid this is and how it has nothing to do with your original attempt at being cute for likes?

How none of your attempt answers your "I don't give a damn about the NBA" line and how that can't possibly fit in your "we should all help" attempt at walking it back?

Of course you do.

And the original thread was about Silver talking to the players about the league returning. Now it's apparently about LeBron James and black people. Thanks for opening the door and letting them in.

I don't really care for the NBA either but that type of decision of no fans until there is a vaccine could ultimately apply to college basketball too, meaning no one would be at games in Rupp all season, if there is a season. Definitely could see a connection that way between the two.

Why even have games at Rupp if you are not going to have fans? Waste of money. Might as well just have games at practice facilities. It will suck if the no fans thing happens. Not much of an environment to play at without a crowd to cheer and boo. It would be like watching a scrimmage. At least Cal won't have to yell as loud at the players to be heard.

Reactions: ORCAT
If they play with no fans, have the regular broadcast like always, but add a PPV version where we get the full audio from players and coaches.

Donate the proceeds to Covid19 relief.

Make it like League Pass or something. I'd gladly pay $200 for 40 games like that.

Apparently not.

It isn't a disregard for generalities. You didn't speak in general terms. You picked one specific group to target. If you had spoken in generalities I wouldn't have said a thing.

I also didn't say that no owners had. I just said that you should direct your point towards the owners.

Do you see how stupid this is and how it has nothing to do with your original attempt at being cute for likes?

How none of your attempt answers your "I don't give a damn about the NBA" line and how that can't possibly fit in your "we should all help" attempt at walking it back?

Of course you do.

And the original thread was about Silver talking to the players about the league returning. Now it's apparently about LeBron James and black people. Thanks for opening the door and letting them in.

Likewise, did I specifically write that there were no cases of players giving to charity? To that question, the latitude you're extending to your own loose initial comment wasn't extended toward my comment. Why? Because you get to assume my complete view on this issue in addition to knowing your own?

How, specifically, is my comment about how "we should all help" a walk back? I thought it would be clear to anyone that I am making a point about how the NBA's current priority (plans for continuing the season) is out of lockstep with the country's priorities that come with joblessness, macrolevel bankruptcy, and small businesses failing. Thus, there is a connecting point that I still feel was clear - I will give a damn when the NBA's collective priorities encompass the reality of the nation's current priorities.

Yet, I'll make my view more clear so you can have a satisfactory response to go to bed on:

- I don't think the general reality as experienced by professional sports players - or their team owners, or various other elites in the entertainment industry - is remotely similar to the realities of many of the people who are presently losing their jobs. I do think some of them have friends and family who are suffering. I also think some of them are quite charitable. I also think many of them are so out of touch and living in a different reality, that it makes my initial point- although critical and a bit compressed - quite valid.

My comment was written because I do not think their professional priorities are relevant right now. Further, I think the only relevancy those members of the entertainment elite have to the current crisis is one of offering potential benevolence, charity, or ingenuity to help alleviate the current economic crisis - hence my reason for pointing out potential league charity and juxtaposing it against the baseness of the league's stated interests. Is that an imposition of value priorities on my part? Yes, but no more than your initial point about the owners.

That is why I "don't give a damn" about the priorities of NBA. I could also include MLB, NFL, their owners, and numerous others right now, if that helps.

To your last point, all I can write is "not really." I know you favor a degree of heavy censorship on this board (as you constantly advocate for the rest of us "blocking" certain posters who personally annoy you), but part of the progression of any thread - as you well know - is the further development of that topic's potential exponents. That doesn't always mean "hijacking" a thread as much as it often means "extending" one. We see this daily here. As for the association fallacy found at the end of your post - that's not particularly fair. I don't believe in playing a game of telephone and blaming the first guy in line for the failed interpretation by the subsequent people in line. Everyone on this board is responsible for their own comments.

Lastly, I edited this post out of respect for you and your history here. I'm okay with you disagreeing with my perspective toward NBA players, their league, and their league's priorities. I don't think the players are monsters; I just don't think their collective priority list (owners or players) features anything substantive in regards to alleviating the national crisis.

Last edited:
Reactions: catben
Of course not. Now loud mouth Lebro twitting how blacks are being hunted down and murdered.
For someone w his platform and following he never should have said this. I know hes entitled to his opinion but jesus man this is far and away an over exaggeration of what the truth is. Statements like these are more divisive than they are unifying.

The man does give back a TON. So hes used his platform really well for the most part but i hate athletes using it for politics.

On another note why not just leave the first X amount of rows empty to limit exposure for coaches and players, sell X amount of limited ticket at top dollar prices (say 1/4 capacity, or one ticket every 3 seats and skip rows) and use some of the revenue from overpriced tickets to covid relief.

Last edited:
ya’ll this guy works as an asst gym teacher for a Division III college. I’d trust OJ before this guy
Yeah . . . and you’ve made over 5,000 posts on a message board in a little over a year . . . so, if being a keyboard warrior is a resume builder, then you’re absolutely gold.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Apparently not.

Of course you do.

You've got a lot of nerve, in addition to your usual tactic of impersonating a PC officer and prosecuting wrongthink, you're deliberately making racism accusations out of whole cloth from dog whistles.

Aren't you late to a SJW convention or meeting or something?

For someone w his platform and following he never should have said this. I know hes entitled to his opinion but jesus man this is far and away an over exaggeration of what the truth is. Statements like these are more divisive than they are unifying.

The man does give back a TON. So hes used his platform really well for the most part but i hate athletes using it for politics.

On another note why not just leave the first X amount of rows empty to limit exposure for coaches and players, sell X amount of limited ticket at top dollar prices (say 1/4 capacity, or one ticket every 3 seats and skip rows) and use some of the revenue from overpriced tickets to covid relief.
Kind of ironic because just a few months ago LBJ was defending China as hard as he could.

Reactions: YaySports
Yeah . . . and you’ve made over 5,000 posts on a message board in a little over a year . . . so, if being a keyboard warrior is a resume builder, then you’re absolutely gold.

lol, sounds like you need safe space. Teddy bears and Kleenex make you poo poo comfy?

That’s what the almighty Dr. Deep State Fauci said it was in the New England journal of medicine
LOL, no. Thats what Rush Limbaugh said when calling it the common cold and White House Counsel kellyanne Conway said its Covid 19, not covid 1. You can lie and say Fauchi said but they said it on tape. Yall will make up any lie to protect your corrupt leaders.

Why are 66% of NYC residents that have have NOT left home being admitted to the hospital for Covid-19??!!!!!! 18% are from nursing homes.

That means 84% of those in the hospital for Covid-19 have NOT been out in public since "Social Distancing" began. WHY?!!!

This means that what we've done for 2 months is pretty much USELESS!!!

Don't know if this will help you or not but hospitals are calling any illness covid-19 for insurance claims. A patient may have a terminal disease prior to ending up in your local hospital and die. Your hospital will enter that as due to the covid-virus to collect the extra money from the insurance co. Medicaid and Medicare are the most maligned.

So that becomes a whole new lie about the virus.

LOL, no. Thats what Rush Limbaugh said when calling it the common cold and White House Counsel kellyanne Conway said its Covid 19, not covid 1. You can lie and say Fauchi said but they said it on tape. Yall will make up any lie to protect your corrupt leaders.
Okay
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.10...MKU2cJuSrpcc7SCs7kAIjjfDCmXqG_bOjcWd2Li-xXZHs
I’m not a Rush Limbaugh guy and I’m an independent. I’ve done enough research to know of Fauci’s corruption and his ties with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
"This is Covid 19, not Covid 1." Senior White House Counsel and dingbat Kellyanne Conway. One of the people you "just the flu" folks get your talking points from.
Lol okay man. Seems like you’re too wrapped in the politics of this stuff. A lot of this was planned imo. Go watch Event 201. Look up crimson contagion among many other things that I can suggest if you’d like. Turning off the fear mongering operation mockingbird mainstream news is the best thing one can do. These last couple months has really woken a lot of people up and it’s a great thing to see

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatwelder
Lol okay man. Seems like you’re too wrapped in the politics of this stuff. A lot of this was planned imo. Go watch Event 201. Look up crimson contagion among many other things that I can suggest if you’d like. Turning off the fear mongering operation mockingbird mainstream news is the best thing one can do. These last couple months has really woken a lot of people up and it’s a great thing to see
LOL, you talking about someone being too wrapped into politics is rich. All your talking points and conspiracy theories are political and given to you by political figures. You continuously minimizing this is all about politics.

The best thing one can do is use common sense, listen to the experts, and not put politics ahead of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT