ADVERTISEMENT

According to Kyle Tucker tweet

I think Bama was worse than we were.

Cal is such a bad coach now. He's just awful.
He would never fully embrace our most potent offensive lineups.

Always trying to give lip service to defense, so we could lose 80-76 and he can act like he did it his way.

Meanwhile, we still aren’t closing out on a corner 3 down 1 with a couple minutes left.

Horrible all around. Sad that we’re still saddled with him.

I'd rather have Scott Rigot as a head coach than this overpaid, underperforming ass clown.
I’d rather have a coach to be named later than cal. Why I was ready to fire his ass and move on. I fully believe we could hire a coach that was ready to prove he belongs for 2 million/year and get better results than we have from cal. Listening to UL coach yesterday about his strategies and beliefs and what has worked for him was night/day difference than listening to cal who has no strategies of which to even speak.

I’d rather have a coach to be named later than cal. Why I was ready to fire his ass and move on. I fully believe we could hire a coach that was ready to prove he belongs for 2 million/year and get better results than we have from cal. Listening to UL coach yesterday about his strategies and beliefs and what has worked for him was night/day difference than listening to cal who has no strategies of which to even speak.
I'd trade Calipari for Louisville coach right now, and even throw in some boot. Calipari has neutered Kentucky. I can't stand to look at him anymore.

I dont know what their pre tournament rankings were, but Bama is currently 104 and Illinois is 84. Both very bad defensive teams who are still playing.
Pretty sure Bama was 115-125 most the year. About 10-20 spots behind us at any given time. If they keep winning in the tournament they’ll break the 90s just by the nature of winning against quality teams.

I dont know what their pre tournament rankings were, but Bama is currently 104 and Illinois is 84. Both very bad defensive teams who are still playing.

Pretty sure Bama was 115-125 most the year. About 10-20 spots behind us at any given time. If they keep winning in the tournament they’ll break the 90s just by the nature of winning against quality teams.
I think Bama was worse than we were.

Cal is such a bad coach now. He's just awful.

Thanks for answering. My question wasn't a defense of Cal's (lack of) coaching, but honestly, those defensive numbers are bit lower than I thought they would be. I kinda thought maybe those teams would be in the 40-60 range.

We had a bunch of guys afraid of missing a shot against Oakland, and our coach didn't bother to tell them they were looking at a zone. On top of that the guy most afraid to shoot was the one giving up all the 3's.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
He would never fully embrace our most potent offensive lineups.

Always trying to give lip service to defense, so we could lose 80-76 and he can act like he did it his way.

Meanwhile, we still aren’t closing out on a corner 3 down 1 with a couple minutes left.

Horrible all around. Sad that we’re still saddled with him.
Bingo.

If you can't stop 'em, may as well go all in to score 100 every game.

But no, we keep playing stupid lineups HOPING we can stop them--when all the evidence in the world says our defense aint it.

I never paid much attention to the "Cal just rolls the ball out" until the past few years when it was obvious his teams were either poorly built, or the talent just couldn't overcome his inept coaching.

Watching the games last night, I noticed when the winning coaches were interviewed you got straight no nonsense answers. Not the hyperbolic nonsense you get with Cal. CANNOT stomach listening that bs anymore.

I never paid much attention to the "Cal just rolls the ball out" until the past few years when it was obvious his teams were either poorly built, or the talent just couldn't overcome his inept coaching.

Watching the games last night, I noticed when the winning coaches were interviewed you got straight no nonsense answers. Not the hyperbolic nonsense you get with Cal. CANNOT stomach listening that bs anymore.

Calipari retired a long time ago. He’s always been a liar and he’s always been narcissistic. He doesn’t care about his players it’s pure BS. He cares about the network of NBA players he’s building for whatever reason he wants it for. Whoever buys this cons BS is either easily duped or just can’t handle the truth of who he really is. I’ve already seen one fan base go through this same show with the guy. Two times in no coincidence.

He doesn’t care about his players it’s pure BS. He cares about the network of NBA players he’s building for whatever
Yeah, I think most see through his shameless virtue signaling shtick. Everyone but the players themselves.

I get the player/coach connection, but the Rondo/Cousins debate was crazy. Cousins really sounded brainwashed.

Only three of the top 10 teams in defensive efficiency are left. Meanwhile, seven of the top 10 offensive teams are still playing, including the top five.
I thought we were a top 5.

Also no one has claimed you have to be top 10 in defense. I have heard any where from top 20 to top 50. But we weren’t close, not even in the top 110.

Reactions: FltDoc
We had a bunch of guys afraid of missing a shot against Oakland, and our coach didn't bother to tell them they were looking at a zone. On top of that the guy most afraid to shoot was the one giving up all the 3's.
Off topic but did you get things worked out about your PTO? Hopefully McDonald’s will do the right thing.

It was either the call in show after the Oakland game or on KSR the next day when a caller brought up the moment he started worrying about CCC and his coaching. It was the 2010 E8 game vs WVU with Wall, Boogie, PPat, etc. WVU played a 1-3-1 zone and CCC had no answer for it. Players had no idea how to play against it or how to attack it.

Yep

It was either the call in show after the Oakland game or on KSR the next day when a caller brought up the moment he started worrying about CCC and his coaching. It was the 2010 E8 game vs WVU with Wall, Boogie, PPat, etc. WVU played a 1-3-1 zone and CCC had no answer for it. Players had no idea how to play against it or how to attack it.
I recall at the time many people being worried even before the game about Kentucky's shooting to handle the zone with that West Virginia team. Of course the 2011 team who was a better shooting team had no problem getting revenge in the tournament and that little short shit PG, forgetting his name cocked off before the 2015 Sweet 16 game and got hosed. Then you have the Oakland debacle but most of our problems this year were completely on the defense.

If Kenny Payne learned all his coaching skill under Calipari, no wonder he only won 12 games in two years.

In college basketball, it's better to have a great offense than defense if you only have one of the two.

Obviously, u want to have both but if u have just one u want it to be offense.

Reactions: RunninRichie
we suck again GIF

If Kenny Payne learned all his coaching skill under Calipari, no wonder he only won 12 games in two years.

Your’re exactly right. And there’s a reason Calipari pushed Louisville to hire him. Does anyone really believe Calipari thought Kenny Payne would be able to handle that job? lol.

Louisville beating Calipari would definitely seal his fate he knows that. Pushing Payne does a few things

1. Keeps Louisville trash
2. Promoted a black guy (DEI) media craze cover
3. Reason 1 bought Calipari a few more years

This program and university now measures itself by beating Louisville and covering the equity box and that’s it. And people need to step outside more, nobody around the country thinks anything about Louisville. Outside of the state they are relatively unknown. The sad thing is to save ourselves, we need some heavy hitting boosters to completely pull out or else. This is the problem with forming a society where we force things like DEI, all it really does is give wealthy elitist an ability to make a lot of money without repercussions and standards. Held accountable by the ghost of equality, It changes nothing else. Just watch the shit show that was Calipari and Barnhart’s press conference. They all but admitted it.

Cal has destroyed UK basketball.

He was always going to. He gets off on burning down villages it’s his personality. He’s had friends that he swindled and sat out just to do it. He loves the feeling it gives. Just like with Robic, I don’t know the personal situation there, but this is a common theme around people who know who he is and have dealt with him. I wouldn’t put it here, but there’s a few things that make me sick to my stomach.

We probably should have never hired him. I know it seemed like the right choice, maybe it was if we recover, but I don’t know anymore. I wanted him in 2006 and I knew he wanted the job at the time. A good friend of mine from Calipari’s former area has close family ties with him. While I was glad at the time, I knew this was not going to end well. It never does with that guy. Calipari is living proof that the worse you are as a human being the further you go.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Bama and Illinois are two teams that have good offenses but lack in defense.

So once again it’s not a defense problem, its a coaching problem

Reactions: dcw62
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT