ADVERTISEMENT

A. Torres 1st of many Cal apologies coming soon …Where are yours CBS ? Field of 68 ? Matt Jones lol

Somehow Tre Mitchell makes this mess a “good roster”?! Mitchell averaged a whopping 11 points last season and has never sniffed All Big 12 accolades. Reese + Mitchell + 8 freshmen + burned out head coach smells like continued disappointment to me. Reasonable minds can differ.

It is in disarray if you consider the fact that we haven‘t even won the SEC regular season since 2020, or the tournament since 2018. We can‘t expect to win the big games, we get canned by peacocks, we let football schools show us how to play basketball. That‘s not the KY I know.
unbelievable that the ccc lovers now want to claim everything is just perfect in Lexington. Their hero signed a couple more high school kids, which may be able to help in the future, if they stay that long. Reeves returned because he basically had no other choice and he gets a decent player at the expense of someone else's misfortune. That really is having everything under control and a plan. Never mind mentioning the facts above, or the worst record in UK history, the loss of the all time wins lead or the horrendous record against top teams. He is still the same arrogant used car salesman that makes fun of the UK tradition, fans, and worries about nothing except the NBA draft Maybe, he should win some games before he is crowned the savior of the program instead of the one that destroyed the program

Pump the brakes and wait to see some results before you celebrate. We got lucky and filled out the roster pretty nicely. Yet to be seen what we do with it. None of these guys have any substantial game time playing together, and most of them have never played college ball. And we are still thin at the 4/5. We could be anything from a 10+ loss team sweating out a tournament bid to a 30-3 juggernaut.

Cal knew Bob Huggins was gonna get a DUI and get fired. If you ask me, we should give him a raise for that forethought. Just my opinion.
GD nobody is saying Cal knew Huggy would get a DUI. Give it a rest. Nobody with a brain would remotely believe that so quit insinuating people do. They are saying that we where gifted an opportunity by it, and Cal closed in and signed him. BUT, having said that, if Mitchell would not have become available, there was other options. Chose to believe that or not, I have a feeling I know which.

Reactions: davtay and JST390-2
GD nobody is saying Cal knew Huggy would get a DUI. Give it a rest. Nobody with a brain would remotely believe that so quit insinuating people do. They are saying that we where gifted an opportunity by it, and Cal closed in and signed him. BUT, having said that, if Mitchell would not have become available, there was other options. Chose to believe that or not, I have a feeling I know which.
Who are these other options you speak of? The portal has been picked clean.

Has it now ? And was it before Mitchell became available ? I said we would sign a couple guys 3 weeks ago. Same people posted "no good players left." But there was. Maybe not YOUR choice, but there was and guess what, may still be.

He got it done …I give credit where it’s due …looking forward to next season much more now …let’s see what happens
He got lucky in several ways. If you think it was skill that WVU had a DUI change course then not sure what to tell you.

Reactions: kyjeff1
This is dumb. He added a couple of players. So what? Results on the court are what matters.

He got lucky in several ways. If you think it was skill that WVU had a DUI change course then not sure what to tell you.
Guess you skipped right over my post explaining the situation. But you did so that you can keep beating your same drum over and over. Peat and repeat. Negative is negative does. Move onto a different topic to discuss. You have worn this one slick ass out. Not pointing at you only, several keep doing it. I got it, Cal struggled in the off season. But it is what people do in the face of adversity is important. He got gifted and went and got it. He was working several players nobody knows about, don't believe all the internet, Cal doesn't disclose who he is after. We dont know if he had a player he was talking g to before the Mitchell opportunity came. But in his defense, kind of hard to land several talented portal guys with the talent coming in. Believe or it know, unlike you, even the veteran guys knows what's up and these guys can flat out play.

Some upper class guys simply just aren't going to risk losing playing time or shots to 5 star studs. They understand these guys are elite and didn't just luck Into their lofty status. They have faced the best of the best and starred at every level. You can't say "well yes, high school, aau, blah blah blah." They have also faced international players and performed well. You really think they haven't played games against older guys ? Don't fool yourself. Now will all 4 be all sec ? No. But we don't need them to. I will go into it with an open mind, kind of excited to see all of the elite talent again. People bitched when we got the 15-25 ranked guys, well here you go. Throw in a couple vets and couple returning hopefully improved players and let's ride. Until I have reason to doubt, I will go in open minded and look at the potential that this team CAN be very very good. Try it, it's less stressful.

Come on y’all …just about every noteworthy media site in the US was bashing Cal and this program …he rallied plain and simple …you and or we may hate Cal for what has happened to the program the last few years …but I really don’t think you guys here that really love the program were happy about it …was depressing for us all …at least now we have hope
You're right, of course, However it worked out and whatever luck or good fortune was involved, somehow, by the skin of his teeth, Cal managed to pull this thing together. Count me among the ones who didn't think it was going to happen this time. It seemed to me the losses were too great and nobody wanted to play here. And yes, it was depressing. I was just staying away until the dust settled and it looked as bad as it could get. I was thinking this was Cal's end at UK. And it may still be if he doesn't have better results next season. But he does deserve credit, even if we can agree it never should have been as bleak as it was.

And he won't be getting any apologies from anyone, not from any national pundits and certainly not from anyone on this board. I think even he would have to admit it looked VERY bad. I really don't blame the pundits for having UK practically dead and buried. I'm a huge UK fan and that is what I was thinking. I just didn't post about it because it was being well covered here.

You're right, of course, However it worked out and whatever luck or good fortune was involved, somehow, by the skin of his teeth, Cal managed to pull this thing together. Count me among the ones who didn't think it was going to happen this time. It seemed to me the losses were too great and nobody wanted to play here. And yes, it was depressing. I was just staying away until the dust settled and it looked as bad as it could get. I was thinking this was Cal's end at UK. And it may still be if he doesn't have better results next season. But he does deserve credit, even if we can agree it never should have been as bleak as it was.

And he won't be getting any apologies from anyone, not from any national pundits and certainly not from anyone on this board. I think even he would have to admit it looked VERY bad. I really don't blame the pundits for having UK practically dead and buried. I'm a huge UK fan and that is what I was thinking. I just didn't post about it because it was being well covered here.
Good post as always IL …I’ve been wondering where you’ve been haven’t seen you around …was actually thinking of starting thread asking what happened to you lol …yeah people on the board don’t have to apologize …let’em rant lol …but I’d love for Cal and the Wildcats to show the national guys he’s back ! …After loads of criticism towards him and the entire program …and since we’re not top 15 ranked there’ll be less pressure …love being the chaser !!! …especially with a bunch of young guys with something to prove

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Wheeler ranked in CBS as top 25 in the portal and one f the top pt guards who was in the portal. Higher than UNC's Love.
He couldn’t shoot, defend, or rebound, he was never UK caliber. The bigger issue is, Cal didn’t figure that out after year 1, he needed to see it again.

unbelievable that the ccc lovers now want to claim everything is just perfect in Lexington. Their hero signed a couple more high school kids, which may be able to help in the future, if they stay that long. Reeves returned because he basically had no other choice and he gets a decent player at the expense of someone else's misfortune. That really is having everything under control and a plan. Never mind mentioning the facts above, or the worst record in UK history, the loss of the all time wins lead or the horrendous record against top teams. He is still the same arrogant used car salesman that makes fun of the UK tradition, fans, and worries about nothing except the NBA draft Maybe, he should win some games before he is crowned the savior of the program instead of the one that destroyed the program
Notice every year there is a new batch of CCC lovers?

They are casual fans that move on to whatever video game world they are a part of once they realize that UK basketball isn’t really that big of a deal to them.

We'll have a completely new batch of Cal lovers next year telling us we are ridiculous for crushing Cal, because 5 years of not making it to the sweet 16 isn’t all that bad, you know, b'cause he has all those final 4's and stuff.

Huh? Then why are you guys telling the BBN and the media that they owe Cal an apology?

Has it now ? And was it before Mitchell became available ? I said we would sign a couple guys 3 weeks ago. Same people posted "no good players left." But there was. Maybe not YOUR choice, but there was and guess what, may still be.
And there it is. More ignorance from you. Are you expecting another coach to get a DUI? Obvioudly you do, or you wouldn't be challenging the fact that the portal us picked clean. Don't deny it, you said "has it now?" And was it before Mitchell became available?"

The answer is YES. Yes, it was picked clean. Cal got incredibly lucky that Huggins did something to get fired. How can you be so oblivious?

Reactions: seccats04
Some upper class guys simply just aren't going to risk losing playing time or shots to 5 star studs. They understand these guys are elite and didn't just luck Into their lofty status. They have faced the best of the best and starred at every level. You can't say "well yes, high school, aau, blah blah blah." They have also faced international players and performed well. You really think they haven't played games against older guys ? Don't fool yourself. Now will all 4 be all sec ? No. But we don't need them to. I will go into it with an open mind, kind of excited to see all of the elite talent again. People bitched when we got the 15-25 ranked guys, well here you go. Throw in a couple vets and couple returning hopefully improved players and let's ride. Until I have reason to doubt, I will go in open minded and look at the potential that this team CAN be very very good. Try it, it's less stressful.
Who are all these 5* guys at the center position at UK? Who are these 7' five star studs that are scaring everyone off? I'll wait.

Just more excuses from CCC's fanclub.

What are you smoking? Let me make this very clear for you:

CAL DID NOTHING

I can’t believe how any rational adult can think Cal deserves any credit for Huggy getting a dui and getting fired. The only way this line of logic works is if you think Cal orchestrated or knew Huggy was going to get a dui and get fired.

So either you encourage and support our coach in some elaborate conspiracy theory or you think he is an honest to God psychic. And what’s more, if it was the former, it blows my mind that you’d be ok and happy knowing our coach tries to get his friends to drink and drive.

I don’t understand you or those who think like you. At all.
Plus, even tho he doesn't want to call it a "collective" La Familia sure looks/sounds like a "collective" to me!!

Here you are again narcissist. I never said anybody owed him shit. I said he had a opportunity gifted to him and he closed the deal. Oh I did say we would field team that can compete, in the END. We are not done just yet playa, better get all your negative energy built up, you are gonna need it, lol. Bottom line is , no matter WHAT Cal does or signs, your negative hating ass will be right along going against it and calling out every poster then crying foul. Like a little bitch on the playground who talks shit then gets smacked down and goes and cries "he atta ked me, I'm a victim."
Who are all these 5* guys at the center position at UK? Who are these 7' five star studs that are scaring everyone off? I'll wait.

Just more excuses from CCC's fanclub.
Dude just get off my nuts and chasing me around. There are guys STILL reaching out to UK. But you don't want to believe it even if your daddy told you it's true. You got it bad playa. Seek help. Narcissist need help, get it. 10 threads you have chased around and quoted me, in just 2 days lol.5 rhe last hour. I. Just responding to you, why I don't know. So don't say I am quoting you.

Here you are again narcissist. I never said anybody owed him shit. I said he had a opportunity gifted to him and he closed the deal. Oh I did say we would field team that can compete, in the END. We are not done just yet playa, better get all your negative energy built up, you are gonna need it, lol. Bottom line is , no matter WHAT Cal does or signs, your negative hating ass will be right along going against it and calling out every poster then crying foul. Like a little bitch on the playground who talks shit then gets smacked down and goes and cries "he atta ked me, I'm a victim."

Dude just get off my nuts and chasing me around. There are guys STILL reaching out to UK. But you don't want to believe it even if your daddy told you it's true. You got it bad playa. Seek help. Narcissist need help, get it. 10 threads you have chased around and quoted me, in just 2 days lol.5 rhe last hour. I. Just responding to you, why I don't know. So don't say I am quoting you.
You’re too easy. Your takes are that of a kid that just became a fan yesterday. You’re completely ignoring the flames that are buring the entire house that you’re sitting in.

Cal ain’t winning shit. He will never learn. He thought he could Joe-Cool his way through this summer and just show up and snag whoever he wanted and guess what, now he’s in full panic mode, because he screwed up again.

He’s going to have another 15/16 roster and he's going to lose and lose often.

Like all the other Cal fans before you, you will disappear once you see you were wrong.

Me, I'm just having fun at your expense, because you're the new Charlie Brown of the board. Lucy (Cal) is going to pull that football every time, but you will still keep coming back for more. Wise up man.

8th quote in the last hour. Damn Stan your my #1FAN.

Ky narcissist, I was a UK fan when you was still shitting yellow. You don't know jack shit. All yofoDO is attack with Cal hate and then cry everyone is attacking you. Go back to the lab, get some new material, then MAYBE try again.

Guess you skipped right over my post explaining the situation. But you did so that you can keep beating your same drum over and over. Peat and repeat. Negative is negative does. Move onto a different topic to discuss. You have worn this one slick ass out. Not pointing at you only, several keep doing it. I got it, Cal struggled in the off season. But it is what people do in the face of adversity is important. He got gifted and went and got it. He was working several players nobody knows about, don't believe all the internet, Cal doesn't disclose who he is after. We dont know if he had a player he was talking g to before the Mitchell opportunity came. But in his defense, kind of hard to land several talented portal guys with the talent coming in. Believe or it know, unlike you, even the veteran guys knows what's up and these guys can flat out play.
Maybe you need to step away from the computer. You don’t like me ignore me. I won’t cry, but don’t come on to a forum crying that others say something you don’t like. Ok snowflake ? He didn’t work for his accomplishments in the way you described, for the most part he had a disastrous offseason. He got lucky the stars aligned and his friend lost his career.

8th quote in the last hour. Damn Stan your my #1FAN.

Ky narcissist, I was a UK fan when you was still shitting yellow. You don't know jack shit. All yofoDO is attack with Cal hate and then cry everyone is attacking you. Go back to the lab, get some new material, then MAYBE try again.
Don't you dare come on here in December and try to tell us all that the players were all overrated. I know you Cal lovers are going to do just that, because you do it every year.

I suspect you will just disappear like the last waves of CCC fanboys have though.

You’re a Cal fan, not a UK fan. No true UK fan protects this NBA loving pos the way you are.

9th post.

No I will not say they are / was overrated. I call it like I see it. UK fan 1st playa, been fan since you was still shitting yellow. DGAF what happens to Cal after he leaves here, just like I didn't before he got here. Nice try though Narcissist. Any more of my post you want to quote so I can smack you around a little more ? Any grown man who addresses the coach of his supposed favorite team with lame, childish nicknames can't and will not be taken seriously. You post and act like a 12 year old, no wonder your ass get reamed on here daily. I just look at it as taking out the trash. Funny thing is, YOU come to the good news threads, I don't go to the cesspool ones. Wonder why ? Agenda agenda agendas. Go back to the lab, come back, I will be glad to keep owning your Narcissist ass.

Has Couch Cal apologized for 1 NCAA Tourney win and being owned in the $EC for the past several years?

Hope the NBA whiz kid assistant knows some in bounds plays and match up zone, to help stymie the hemorrhaging of the pick and roll...

CCC's in-game coaching/adjustments are an effing joke.

9th post.

No I will not say they are / was overrated. I call it like I see it. UK fan 1st playa, been fan since you was still shitting yellow. DGAF what happens to Cal after he leaves here, just like I didn't before he got here. Nice try though Narcissist. Any more of my post you want to quote so I can smack you around a little more ? Any grown man who addresses the coach of his supposed favorite team with lame, childish nicknames can't and will not be taken seriously. You post and act like a 12 year old, no wonder your ass get reamed on here daily. I just look at it as taking out the trash. Funny thing is, YOU come to the good news threads, I don't go to the cesspool ones. Wonder why ? Agenda agenda agendas. Go back to the lab, come back, I will be glad to keep owning your Narcissist ass.
😂
It's funny that you think you're smacking ANYBODY around. You’re a joke.

So you're an old man that uses the word "playa"? That shit was cool in the 90's, but I bet it's a big hit in the retirement village.

How many times a day do you play checkers in there… "playa"?

😂
It's funny that you think you're smacking ANYBODY around. You’re a joke.

So you're an old man that uses the word "playa"? That shit was cool in the 90's, but I bet it's a big hit in the retirement village.

How many times a day do you play checkers in there… "playa"?
Stop it, you are further making yourself look a fool. Not retired, wish I was doh. Look here playa, cool words never go out of style, besides if was around before the 90s. But funny co.ing from. Grown up using 8th grade nicknames for our coach. Damn pimp, you are making this way too easy. 10th post you quoted and counting TODAY. Like the one guy said, take the L and move on. I'm living in your head rent free, keep quoting me and I will keep responding 💯 .

well they have sucked me in again. getting excited about the season
but i will save my apologies till the end of the season

UK needed competence. Not stars. There are usually plenty of competent players around, and the players Calipari has recruited look to be quite a bit better than merely competent. I know this place usually wants a 2nd platoon but that's not going to happen in the days of NIL.

Stop it, you are further making yourself look a fool. Not retired, wish I was doh. Look here playa, cool words never go out of style, besides if was around before the 90s. But funny co.ing from. Grown up using 8th grade nicknames for our coach. Damn pimp, you are making this way too easy. 10th post you quoted and counting TODAY. Like the one guy said, take the L and move on. I'm living in your head rent free, keep quoting me and I will keep responding 💯 .
Damn man, that retirement home has a real gem living amongst them. You’re a real "pimp" "playa". Keep posting, I needed a good laugh.

Yep, Cal planned on Reeves not being able to get the credits he needed to transfer and Huggins getting a DUI. Love when a plan works out!

What are you smoking? Let me make this very clear for you:

CAL DID NOTHING

I can’t believe how any rational adult can think Cal deserves any credit for Huggy getting a dui and getting fired. The only way this line of logic works is if you think Cal orchestrated or knew Huggy was going to get a dui and get fired.

So either you encourage and support our coach in some elaborate conspiracy theory or you think he is an honest to God psychic. And what’s more, if it was the former, it blows my mind that you’d be ok and happy knowing our coach tries to get his friends to drink and drive.

I don’t understand you or those who think like you. At all.
come on man he still got the kid here, who gets credit for that. I give Cal credit for changing his nil approach.

come on man he still got the kid here, who gets credit for that. I give Cal credit for changing his nil approach.
So we're down to patting him on the back for changing his mind? The guy makes 9 million a year to make sure this shit doesn’t happen at UK.

• Love
Reactions: seccats04
It’s because cal said we eat first and cal said he can land anyone he wanted. We got in on some recruits I’ll give credit to cal there but the game has changed and the real game changers are in the portal. In the portal we are last. We haven’t won anything yet. We are have a bottom 20 roster. That is failure at UK. Nothing changed. He landed what Mitchell, and 2 more freshman bodies who will probably never pan out. The guy makes almost twice of the next highest paid coach.
There are six coaches that make more than 1/2 of what Cal makes. Tom Izzo makes 67% of what Cal makes. What has he done? I get it, you want him gone. I still think he can coach. You don't. Can't we as UK fans just come together and support this extremely talented team and hope they are successful instead of just complaining all of the time? Or are you just happy being miserable and complaining instead of supporting your team?

So we're down to patting him on the back for changing his mind? The guy makes 9 million a year to make sure this shit doesn’t happen at UK.
your right,so yes we are down to that. Tre could of been a miss.Cal got it done

Cal has done a piss poor job at UK over the past 3 or 4 years. There isn't any way around that. Hopefully this team will be better than what we have seen in that timespan. I don't believe he can get back to where he was during his first 5 or 6 years
We are marking time till the next coach arrives. NIL, agents and the portal have changed college basketball. Coaching has changedK, Roy and others have gotten out Cal should do the same.

His ego is probably telling him that he can tame this new form of college basketball but I doubt that is the case. He has one last ride with this group ,if he can land Cyril, maybe he has a bit of glory before his time ends here.

There are six coaches that make more than 1/2 of what Cal makes. Tom Izzo makes 67% of what Cal makes. What has he done? I get it, you want him gone. I still think he can coach. You don't. Can't we as UK fans just come together and support this extremely talented team and hope they are successful instead of just complaining all of the time? Or are you just happy being miserable and complaining instead of supporting your team?
It’s not time yet. People are letting cal off the hook like nothing has been botched. Cal completely blew it when building this roster and has been taking it on the chin for years now. The criticism is warranted. We are between seasons right now. We don’t even know if the roster is finalized. I think you and others are quick to move on but that doesn’t happen until practice begins. No this year the heat will be on cal. It’s time to win big or time for cal to split.

I give Huggy the credit. If Huggy never drank and drove Cal wouldn’t have gotten him. Cal got this guy by accident, this doesn’t prove anything.

It’s like when you guess a multiple choice question correct. Yeah you got credit for getting it right, but it wasn’t because you knew what the answer was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT