ADVERTISEMENT

A sign of things to come

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
Flipping the season away

I think this is a sign of the times...if you're not in a Big10 or SEC....you'll be getting your recruits and players raided.

1. UNC, Clemson, FSu and Miami...better get into SEC or Big 10 as fast as possible.
2. Notre Dame needs to be shunned by Big 10 and SEC IMO until they relent and join
3. This is why I don't think Sanders at Colorado is such a big deal....most of the bigger kids out west are sticking with UCLA and USC going forward. They'll be dwarfing his NIL soon IMO

Moore was a strange recruiting story to watch all yr. Michigan kid, but seemed early on was turning down the 2 Mich schools for Notre Dame. But then got scared off by the recruitment of thr Carr kid, and chose Oregon. And picked them after USC and UCLA announced they were bolting. Now flipping to UCLA late, who has not been a high level recruiting staff. So is DJU still going to portal there?

Flipping the season away

I think this is a sign of the times...if you're not in a Big10 or SEC....you'll be getting your recruits and players raided.

1. UNC, Clemson, FSu and Miami...better get into SEC or Big 10 as fast as possible.
2. Notre Dame needs to be shunned by Big 10 and SEC IMO until they relent and join
3. This is why I don't think Sanders at Colorado is such a big deal....most of the bigger kids out west are sticking with UCLA and USC going forward. They'll be dwarfing his NIL soon IMO

Unless Sanders pushes Colorado out of the Pac12 to the SEC/BIGTEN

Reactions: K_TIME
Flipping the season away

If you think Sanders will stay at Colorado if he has any measure of success, your crazy. If a better job in one of the power conferences opens up, he will bolt in a heartbeat.

Deion better leave his grillz at home when it gets into late October and November. Don’t wanna shiver and have those messed up.

I think Portal activity will pick up over the next year or so then decline a bit.
During that year or so some team at some level will try and portal their way into the expanded playoff (Not unlike the Yankees did in baseball)

Not to highjack the thread but has anyone heard any rumors coming out of practice/bowl prep. What has Stoops got up his sleeve?

Agreed on ND. They think their shit don't stink. It's about to get real smelly for them and I'm all about it

Pac 12 looking pretty interesting with qbs in 23. Nix back at Oregon, Heisman winner back in USC, 5 star recruit at UCLA, think the Utah guy returns, Prime Time Jr in Colorado, DeLaura at AZ was flat crazy in good & bad way

Pac 12 looking pretty interesting with qbs in 23. Nix back at Oregon, Heisman winner back in USC, 5 star recruit at UCLA, think the Utah guy returns, Prime Time Jr in Colorado, DeLaura at AZ was flat crazy in good & bad way
Not sure the Utah guy returns, excellent QB. Don't forget Penix at Washington and Ward at Washington St, two highlights waiting to happen.

Speaking of PAC 12 QBs...remember Emory Jones, once of UF? He transferred to Arizona St prior to the '22 season, won the QB job then lost it. He's back in the portal now. Really good athlete, very ordinary QB.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Some guy on Finebaum this afternoon said the most desirable ACC addition would be NC. Surprised me, but the reasoning made some sense, good overall athletic programs, would add to footprint. Clemson and FSU don't really add much because a use they don't open up the footprint, but Miami would because their alumni are country wide.

I don't know enough about the geography of Texas to know how the schools are spread out, but it's so big I could see a 3rd Texas team, if it is away from the other 2.

Some guy on Finebaum this afternoon said the most desirable ACC addition would be NC. Surprised me, but the reasoning made some sense, good overall athletic programs, would add to footprint. Clemson and FSU don't really add much because a use they don't open up the footprint, but Miami would because their alumni are country wide.

I don't know enough about the geography of Texas to know how the schools are spread out, but it's so big I could see a 3rd Texas team, if it is away from the other 2.

I thought NC was already in the ACC? What am I missing?

You're exactly right which is why the loser mentality of we can't want more success because of our past has got to go.

We will be one of the 16 best landing spots. All the money, all the prestige, all the marquee opponents ...

Kentucky can and should be eyeing a spot in the 12 team playoffs at least once every 5 years IMO.

That's why I've argued Ncst made more sense than anyone else in the ACC. Larger school with a larger alumni base than UNC.

We got Texas! Don’t need no more of it.

If UT or aTm are playing, the Eyes of Texas are upon them, and the rest matter little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT