ADVERTISEMENT

A losing SEC record, let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
37d3376cc7b20ea4b46d319bb9a6bfc3.png

Reactions: bkr5
This. It's honestly very petty. If you didn't have concerns when this team was losing four straight you're either blind or a liar. We now have a good shot at a FF and some posters would rather dig up dirt and play who has a bigger fancard than enjoy the ride. Get over yourselves.
Completely disagree. Being concerned and throwing out flames are totally different.

Reactions: BlueChuck
This. It's honestly very petty. If you didn't have concerns when this team was losing four straight you're either blind or a liar. We now have a good shot at a FF and some posters would rather dig up dirt and play who has a bigger fancard than enjoy the ride. Get over yourselves.

Some fans take it to far and deserve to be called out. Not sure of the motives of the poster who "dug" this thread up but I can tell you this, if someone doesn't want their posts used against them then they need to start proof reading before hitting send. Better yet, step away from the keyboard for a while. Otherwise your emotions make you look really bad.

It's the main reason I stay off these boards for a day or so after a loss. Writing a post from that place is never a good idea.

Reactions: irishcat1965
Completely disagree. Being concerned and throwing out flames are totally different.
True, but actually going back to dig up old threads from a four game losing streak is pretty pathetic, IMO. We're in the middle of a tournament run, and folks are worried about old posts?? I say grow up. But to each their own I guess, just ain't how I roll.

You seem defensive.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
True, but actually going back to dig up old threads from a four game losing streak is pretty pathetic, IMO. We're in the middle of a tournament run, and folks are worried about old posts?? I say grow up. But to each their own I guess, just ain't how I roll.
I would argue the grow up preaching should be directed at the flame throwers at the time they made their statements. Because Cal has done the same thing every year except 2013 when Noel got hurt. I think it is hilarious seeing some of these hot takes from the usual suspects.

Someone who is truly concerned about a fan base being divided doesn’t start off a post calling other fans pathetic. Or use an idiotic term like “pumper” as a means to dismiss the opinions of a large portion of the fan base.

And none of what was said in this post originally was correct at the time. It was just as inaccurate then as it is now. Hindsight merely sheds additional light on the fact that many of those posts were irrational overreactions driven by a sense of entitlement.

Your use of the word "Pumper" made me smile! Not sure why, but it did. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I understand why folks would be emotional (often irrational) after a loss or during a bad losing streak. Why dig up an emotional post from months ago? But I also say, if
you post it, you own it.
I agree with everything you said. There are several great posters who make emotional posts. But there others who are too obvious in their rants. Who, oddly, disappear when things start to turn around. Bottomline is if you get upset owning what you say, don’t say it.

I understand why folks would be emotional (often irrational) after a loss or during a bad losing streak. Why dig up an emotional post from months ago? But I also say, if
you post it, you own it.
Because many of those people fail to admit that they were wrong. Which you can see right here in this thread. Many of them completely vanish when things are going well. There are some who are clearly just knee-jerk, without the emotional control to restrain their worst impulses, but at least you get the sense that they are rooting for UK to win.

Some of the others? Not so sure about that. They hate Cal, they hate how he runs the program, and they're more interested in seeing that viewpoint validated than in seeing UK succeed. And I don't see why other fans should cut people like that any slack at all.

Reactions: 78Gooses
I had to hit show ignore content to see it all, most of them are already on ignore and I’m not surprised at all.
Funny I had to do the same LOL Looking forward to blocking them again, the NA NA's on here should go watch the Wenyen Gabriel video. I love the kids Cal brings in. Xception join me in ignoring them once more.

Reactions: Xception
Here is a news flash, perhaps the naysayers aren't really UK fans at all. Some individuals on here know they can evoke an emotional response from certain individuals. When called upon it they get angry/defensive about what was posted in the pass and even justify it. make yourself and everyone around you better by removing your toxic self from said message boards. I've fallen for it several yes ago, ignore is free!!!

Some fans take it to far and deserve to be called out. Not sure of the motives of the poster who "dug" this thread up but I can tell you this, if someone doesn't want their posts used against them then they need to start proof reading before hitting send. Better yet, step away from the keyboard for a while. Otherwise your emotions make you look really bad.

It's the main reason I stay off these boards for a day or so after a loss. Writing a post from that place is never a good idea.
Amen to cooling off before posting. That "send" button can wreak havoc and you can never undo it, especially on this board. The only problem is; when I wait until the next day, I never post. Obviously, due to my low post count; but I've been on this board for a long time, and the cooling off period is THE reason I rarely post.

Uh, we had a losing SEC record at one time. This team has come along way since then. Being a “I told you so”poster gives some pleasure and self-worth, as if they are never wrong,

Last edited:
Reactions: JFCats22
"Having concerns" =/= trashing the coach and team and predicting the NIT

You and your fellow travelers were essentially guaranteeing the NIT, so the Sweet 16 JUSTIFIES an "I told you so"

I'm not quoted in a single one of these threads.

Just because I don't think beating Davidson and buffalo is something that the greatest fan base should eat each other over doesn't mean I posted anything in any of these threads you imbecile.

Let's at least beat Kansas State and Nevada before announcing ourselves champions and sayin nana nana booboo..

You fricken petulant child. Don't even know who the hell you're talking to or about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Because many of those people fail to admit that they were wrong. Which you can see right here in this thread. Many of them completely vanish when things are going well. There are some who are clearly just knee-jerk, without the emotional control to restrain their worst impulses, but at least you get the sense that they are rooting for UK to win.

Some of the others? Not so sure about that. They hate Cal, they hate how he runs the program, and they're more interested in seeing that viewpoint validated than in seeing UK succeed. And I don't see why other fans should cut people like that any slack at all.
Give it up. You’re being a petty little person

I think the main thing that people seem to forget is just how hard it is to win (or even advance) in NCAA basketball. This isn't football where three or four teams can beat anyone outside of the top 10 with ease. UNC was a TEN loss #2 seed this year. Upsets happen all the time in college basketball in both the regular season and tournament. Cal advancing as far as he does most years is pretty amazing. I would of liked to have won it in 2015, but even a great team like that can lose in this sport.

I think the main thing that people seem to forget is just how hard it is to win (or even advance) in NCAA basketball. This isn't football where three or four teams can beat anyone outside of the top 10 with ease. UNC was a TEN loss #2 seed this year. Upsets happen all the time in college basketball in both the regular season and tournament. Cal advancing as far as he does most years is pretty amazing. I would of liked to have won it in 2015, but even a great team like that can lose in this sport.

That only applies to the years where we were a top 2 team...10 and 15..

It works in our favor other years...like potentially this year.

So it's actually easier for a non top 2 team to win in college basketball than it is football.

Then they shouldn’t be calling out the team or players when they aren’t doing well. You do that then you are subject to being called out when you are shown to be wrong. If you don’t call the team/players/coach out then you don’t have to worry about anyone pulling up your old post. It’s that simple. If the person can’t handle the time don’t do the crime

This isn't about being petty, or saying "Told you so." It's about the morons who plague this board annually when we have the inevitable dip that comes with relying on freshmen. Every year it's the same: we have a ton of freshmen, they don't know how to compete, they struggle on the road, the morons/trolls/embittered cowards come on here and proclaim the season is over, Cal can't coach, etc. It's tiresome, and it's almost always wrong in the end. So, these threads are a way of reminding them of how foolish they were, with the small hope they will learn from it. Next year, when it happens again, maybe they'll have a little more self control.

Second point, there's a bit of convenient re-framing of the issue going on here. You can't say - "let's wait to see if we win this weekend. If we don't, then the other side will say they were right in the first place."

Nope. What the other side was saying is we are no good, this team is terrible. And that riddle has been answered, conclusively. We ended up being very good. We won the SEC Tournament, and I've heard at least 3 people this week include Kentucky with Duke and Villanova as teams playing the best right now. We may well lose Thursday, or Saturday. That won't change how the season turned out. We are good. The whiners were wrong. Period.

You people that go digging to bump these threads are absolutely pathetic. Most of what’s said in these threads are correct at the time.

All you’re doing is creating a bigger divide between the fanbase. I guarantee next season as soon as things start going bad there will be threads dug up from this coming summer that were made by the pumper crowd. It’s shit slinging back and forth that will continue to escalate.

Oh noes! Are the fair weather and reactionary titty babies and trolls gonna strike back?

Who cares? Unleash your vengence!

Rub our noses in supporting our program, players and coaches to your wee heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT