ADVERTISEMENT

A light at the end of the tunnel

CBBCrazy

All-American
Feb 18, 2007
Cal Sucks!!
I waited all day to post, I really felt good going into that game last night. I just felt like it was time for the light to come on and we would win.
The light did not fully shine like I had hoped, however we played better than the last game. We are improving in certain areas, I hope we shorten the bench a bit and we get more improvement. I have not given up on this team, I see a lot here have. I just hope they can turn it around the remaining games and make the dance.

Gotta put Diallo on the bench and only play him here and there with leads. Cal isn't stupid, he knows Diallo cant play. One of the issues I have with his "players first" mantra is it's actually "individual" players first, which hurts the other guys when he practices this during games. There is no reason to bring Diallo in other than for Diallo. It doesn't help anyone else.

Gotta let it go. We definitely need to shorten the rotation to 7 guys with Diallo out. I know Cal wants his speed and athleticism for the tournament but it's not happening. Just make the dance and look to next year. Shorten the rotation today.

There was lots to like about the first 32 minutes of the game. But to lose again by crumbling like that down the stretch...you have to wonder about the mental part. Are they upbeat at practice and feeling like they can still get this going in the right direction? Are they feeling totally devastated and ready to throw in the towel?
Saturday is big for many reasons but especially on their mental toughness.
Hope they can really bring it and get this thing going in a positive direction.

By the way, I know Diallo gets tons of heat on here (and he should) but I just cant expect much from him.
He just struggles with his lack of hoop IQ. He interviews pretty well and says the right things but he just struggles on the court with awareness, etc.
He got the first defensive rebound of the night on their first possession. One of the guards is behind him when he comes down and with rebound and swipes at ball. He feels the swipe, secures the ball and looks back at defender as he secures it. He then proceeds to dribble down the court for 60 feet and not one time check for the *&^^^%%$$%^&^& little guard running behind him. As soon as he took off dribbling I told myself he wont check one time where that defender is. Sure enough the guard trailing slaps the ball forward and off a uk player.
I really don't want to trash him as a person, he might be a good dude. He just hurts this team so much when he is on the court.

I waited all day to post, I really felt good going into that game last night. I just felt like it was time for the light to come on and we would win.
The light did not fully shine like I had hoped, however we played better than the last game. We are improving in certain areas, I hope we shorten the bench a bit and we get more improvement. I have not given up on this team, I see a lot here have. I just hope they can turn it around the remaining games and make the dance.
I agree with almost all of your post. The only thing I’m not agreeing with is the “I see a lot here have”.
I think a lot are frustrated, which is understandable. But I think the board has been pretty solid, considering.

Thought we really competed hard for most of the game. Tough environments. Played 25 good minutes vs AM. Got 35 minutes this time. Baby steps. Have to agree go with 7.

There was lots to like about the first 32 minutes of the game. But to lose again by crumbling like that down the stretch...you have to wonder about the mental part. Are they upbeat at practice and feeling like they can still get this going in the right direction? Are they feeling totally devastated and ready to throw in the towel?

By the way, I know Diallo gets tons of heat on here (and he should) but I just cant expect much from him.
He just struggles with his lack of hoop IQ. He interviews pretty well and says the right things but he just struggles on the court with awareness, etc.
He got the first defensive rebound of the night on their first possession. One of the guards is behind him when he comes down and with rebound and swipes at ball. He feels the swipe, secures the ball and looks back at defender as he secures it. He then proceeds to dribble down the court for 60 feet and not one time check for the *&^^^%%$$%^&^& little guard running behind him. As soon as he took off dribbling I told myself he wont check one time where that defender is. Sure enough the guard trailing slaps the ball forward and off a uk player.
I really don't want to trash him as a person, he might be a good dude. He just hurts this team so much when he is on the court.
The play you are referring to is fact,Go Cats!!!

I agree with almost all of your post. The only thing I’m not agreeing with is the “I see a lot here have”.
I think a lot are frustrated, which is understandable. But I think the board has been pretty solid, considering.
I am frustrated too, that is why I waited to post. We are improving in short steps, will it be fast enough to right the ship ? I have no clue but I will be pulling for coach and players because they both need support. I am not happy but it is what it is.

Exactly. The ones that have given up, are mainly trolls from other teams.

The light at the end of the tunnel for me is football season

I am frustrated too, that is why I waited to post. We are improving in short steps, will it be fast enough to right the ship ? I have no clue but I will be pulling for coach and players because they both need support. I am not happy but it is what it is.
I disagree. Improving where? We have regressed. I thought we were improving with the WVU game and then we lost 4 in a row. We just have to wait and see how this all ends.

This might be the fairest assessment of Diallo I've read on here in a while.

He seems like a really good kid, and most on here just want him to play well... both for the team and for himself.

What I don't like is the crowd that trashes him and wants him to leave. He is trying his best for this team, and it just isn't clicking for some reason.

I, for one, want him to stay so that he can get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT